My husband and I stayed at Vibe Hotel on a Saturday and Sunday night to attend a music festival. I left booking very late on a busy weeked, and ended up finding Vibe on roamfree.com I payed $290 on Sat and $140 for Sunday for an ocean view studio unit.
The resort seems like it is an older building that has been fully renovated inside and out in a very funky retro decor. The location is excellent, right on the banks of one of the canals, with views of the city and ocean, and 1 block to Cavill Ave. There is lots of room at the entrance to park your car and check in, and then easy underground parking is available for $5 a night. Reception likes to keep your car keys but we didn't hand ours over and had no problems.
We were in room 2109, on the second top floor. Check in was relatively smooth, we were there at midday and the room was not ready, I had to get ready in the foyer toilets, it was slightly frustrating that there was no powerpoint for my hair straightener. We came back at 2pm, check in time, but it took until 2:10 for them to organize our room, but they were friendly and kept us up to date, and it was a very busy weekend.
We were instantly happy with our room, a great cozy layout for a couple, I would defiantly recommend a studio, it is 15% bigger than a motel room, and the perfect amount of space in my opinion.
There seems to be someone at the front desk all night, and there is 24hour room service too. Entry at night is easy with a swipe card. Elevators are a little slow and creeky.
On the sunday I felt like taking some time out and just relaxing in the motel room. I watched 2 moves for $14.95 each, there was a good range. The TV is a nice wallmounted flat panel, medium size, sound is okay. The bed and pillows were sooo comfy, I normally sleep on a latex mattress and usually take my own pillow to motels, didn't even use it here, it was so luxurious for a busy mother of three to lay in a comfy bed, with lovely decor around watching a pick from a good range of movies.
The Monday morning we decided to dine for brekky in the motel restaurant, Curve. It was due to open at 6:30, we were there and 6:25 and a little frustrated when it was still not open at 6:45... I ended up just going in and looking around till I found a staff member to ask when it was open. After this they got things moving quickly and we were soon seated. Staff were friendly and attentive.
We had the hot buffet, there is a good range and good quality, the tomatoes were phenomenal, miso soup was a tasty surprise, provided for the frequent Japanese market, and enjoyed greatly by me. Juices were tasty, tea was a good range, my husband said his cappuccino was terrible though. The only thing that was missing was tasty mushrooms, VIBE PLEASE ADD MUSHROOMS AND YOUR BREKKY WOULD BE A 5STAR EXPERIENCE!!! Curve's decor is the same theme as the rest of vibe, trendy and retro, with splashes of lime green, and very fresh looking. Curve has a great view over the Canal and hotel pool area.
Checkout was simple and friendly, with no surprise charges. Overall we were soo happy to stay in a place that complimented a wonderful weekend away. I hope I get to stay again!!!! Thank you Vibe!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the convenience of staying right in the very heart of Surfers Paradise.Your Vibe Gold Coast hotel is centrally located in the midst of Gold Coast lifestyle, opposite the Chevron Renaissance Village, just a block from Cavill Avenue, the heart of the Gold Coast shopping district, and overlooking the picturesque Nerang River.We are perfectly placed for a leisurely stroll to Surfers Paradise beach, world-class shopping, fantastic nightlife, restaurants galore and lots of fun attractions...Or you can just relax in comfort. The Gold Coast is brimming with fun filled activities including fishing charters, bungee jumping, motorbike tours, surfing lessons and even a few swings at one of the many leading golf courses at hand...And did we mention the beaches? And at the end of your busy day, return to your ideal Gold Coast hotel and relax in the comfort of your well appointed hotel room or suite, take a plunge in the pool or take an evening stroll along the promenade an soak up the atmosphere of the Gold Coast...Enjoy the vibe at your Gold Coast hotel with personality...Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vibe Hotel Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia