“Staff rude and Arrogant”

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I booked my daughter and new husband into the Vibe Hotel for their wedding night and paid for it over the internet. Rang them the week of the wedding to inform the staff they wouldn't arrive til 11pm, and did they need to do anything beforehand. The staff said no. After a beautiful weddind day the limosine dropped them off at the hotel and they were unable to book in as they had no ID or a credit card for a deposit. My daughter was left in the foyer of the Hotel in her bridal attire. When I arrived the staff member was rude and arrogant and said I obviously didn't read the fineprint. Yes that is true but I had rung the Hotel beforehand and they didn't say anything to me about this. I live on the Gold Coast i could have given them a credit card over the phone. I faxed them a complaint letter and have NOT heard one thing from the Hotel at all. I found the staff unsatisfactory and unsympathetic on a very special day in my beautiful daughters life. I am complaining here as I did not receive a letter back from the Hotel in response to my fax.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JulieHooly
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Dear JulieHooly,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your daughter’s recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I do apologise for the events that have occurred as they have impacted your daughter's stay with us here at Vibe Hotel.

I understand how important a wedding day is & would like to discuss the events of that night with you personally. I am contactable directly through the hotel reception desk & look forward to talking with you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Very close to all shops and restaurants within walking distance and great pool and relaxing grounds at hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marianne082

Dear Marianne082,

The team at Vibe are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay on the Gold Coast.

We are pleased that you found the location of Vibe Hotel to you liking. The Vibe is in a great location here on the Gold Coast and is one of the many reasons that happy guests return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Gold Coast in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 12 February 2011

A word of caution, I am a very fussy sleeper.

Initially the Vibe looked like a younger persons option, which being a 25 year old should be a great selling point... However honestly it really isn't for me but we were sold on it by our travel agent friend, and I'm glad we were despite some stupid mistakes on my part.

The room was very clean and the bed nice and firm (although not 'hard') and the curtains blocked most of the light even during the day and there was almost no road noise despite some of the reviews complaints, all pros in my books. Staff were helpful and all was going thus far.

Location was awesome, the Titans bar was right next door and although we never ate there it looked like a great option. There was a bus stop right outside so theme parks were very easy to get to and it was only a short walk to the main beach and to food etc.

Now here comes my dumb move and possibly a great tip if staying at the Vibe.... Our aircon turned out being rubbish and I didn't sleep very well at all, and instead of complaining straight away I just kept trying to sleep. When we did finally complain they did a repair, which didn't seem to change much so on the last day we asked just out of interest how much a sea view room and an upgrade would have been. Turns out it really would have been small change, something like 10 or 20 bucks to change into an ocean view and the same again for an upgrade. Needless to say I felt like a real nob.

Oh and that bit about it being a rowdy young persons hotel... it looked the part and I'm sure there were some around but it was nice and quiet and I sure as heck didn't see any trouble or anything while we were there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcsharp
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Upon arival we noted that the room was very hot. The aircon was turned on but by morning it was no better. The next day we forgot about it and sweated it out for another night.

The next day we brought it to the hotels attention, they advised that the water system to the airconditioning had been turned off for the guest before us. I asked to talk to the hotel manager as I had booked and paid for a room that had airconditioning.

The manager refused to talk to me on the phone leaving it for me to hunt him down the next day. He preceded to laugh about the situation and treat me like it was a storm in a tea cup. While I had been given another room for the night before I was very unhappy with the 1 night credited back to me.

I don't recommend this motel because of the poor management. A real management would ensure that this type of issue doesn't happen.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank iac0n
VibeHotelGC, Executive Assistant Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear iac0n,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the management team here at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast in an effort to improve our overall guest experience.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not get the management response that you required. I am happy to advise that the issues that you experienced are currently bring addressed & works will be completed as this response is posted.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

Reviewed 30 January 2011

The hotel is in a very convenient location at the Gold Coast, close to all the shops and the Surfers strip. We got a room high up with the view of the canal which was breathtaking especially at sunset.

The room is very clean and well presented, but the walls look tired and in some places dirty. The air conditioning wasn't working properly in the room we had set the temperature to 16 degrees the whole time and it didn't get cold. We ended up leaving the sliding balcony door open because it got to the point were it was cooler outside than in the room. Sleep quality was poor on the 20th level as the noise from the lift echoed into the room. Some rooms need maintenance with the door closer as the whole night all we heard was a door slamming every 10 mins.

Check in service is prompt and friendly but upon check out there was no feedback service etc. Parking is at a rate of $8 per day, there is no street parking nearby. Price to stay at the hotel was reasonable but to stay at this hotel again I would have to definitely bring some ear plugs!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJ_Mizit
Reviewed 22 January 2011

When you approach u see the curtains just free and easy. Well this is how it was al around. Really enjoyed the suitye and the pool looking out over the waters.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Executive Assistant Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

The team here at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Gold Coast in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed here in december, didnt realise it was the end of schoolies time so there was a tonne of kids around (not in this hotel though). Excellent service from front desk, very good 'vibe's' from the hotel, pool and bar area were great. Didn't get to try any food though. Rooms were well decked out, very clean and well presented. Would stay here again for the price too !

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple