“do not stay here”

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
MELBOURNE
“do not stay here”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

The stay was good, but I did not receive my bond back.
The room was left in perfect condition.
It has been over 2 months since my stay and I have still not received my $100 bond from the hotel which was supposed to be refunded on check-out.
I called the hotel about the refund, they said it was the banks job to refund, but the bank has said it is the hotels job to refund it.

I wasn't even aware that I was being charged a bond at check-in, until i noticed it gone from my bank account.

Am now in the process of the bank going to the hotel for my deposit, along with a possible fraudulent case.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank c2345

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I've worked in hotels before so I'll admit I am fussy. But when I read such good reviews on tripadvisor I thought it would be a great place to stay.
Where do I start? Rooms were dirty- food crumbs, finger prints and hair all over the sheets, towels and shower. Nothing was done when we complained. On top of that the reception staff were rude when we told them about it.
Breakfast was fairly ordinary, the only thing appetizing thing was eggs and frozen potato gems.
Next time I am staying across the street at the Chevron Renaissance.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Reviewed 12 March 2011

The Vibe is in a great location that is central to all transport and the main Cavill Square! This was the first time to surfers. We entered the hotel room to find that our queen size bed was two single beds pushed together and the sliding door to access the balcony did not close. On the first night of arrival we attempted to order room service bit there was no menu in the room to do so, and when we attempted to try the in house restaurant/cafe it was never open, we approached staff regarding this and they advised that because it is not a peak time it will open late or never! This was disappointing as there were advertisements all over hotel room and elevators. As smokers it was also frustrating to find that there were no ashtrays in the room to use. The bathroom was not what we expected either, the shower was in the bathtub which was small in size and made it hard to maneuver around! In all, the hotel was average, but not worth what we paid!!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Masri01
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 March 2011

The bus (#702) stopped right outside the hotel (so we saved a bunch on transfers.) The hotel is walking distance to Surfers Paradise, and it was really nice. We were on the 16th floor. The room was huge, and we were surprised to have a big patio with views of the ocean and the canal. We spent a lot of time out there. The staff were very helpful. It was just all 'round good and the price I paid was great ($110.)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 6 March 2011
Dear McGalio,

The team at Vibe are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay on the Gold Coast and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We are glad to hear that you were impressed with your room along with the amazing views.

Antwerpen, België
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I enjoyed a 3 night stay in February. I was very impressed with the room. Nice Kingsize bed and it was huge ! I did not take the breakfast option : a bit too expensive : soo many other and cheaper options close to the hotel. 22 dollars for internet access per day is also too much according to me.
But if I ever return to Surfers , I will stay here again ! Bus stop to/from the airport very close !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Dear Joeri110178060,

The team at Vibe are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay on the Gold Coast.

I was very pleased to read your review & we will take the feedback on board regarding the Internet access. The team here would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Melbourne
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Stayed for a week long conference for work. Rooms were very clean, comfy and well decked out. All dealings with staff were great, I did not try the restaurant. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dear Ttaahhnnee,

When reading your review I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us & that you found our staff “GREAT”. On your next stay with us you must try a meal from Curve Café, I am sure that you will love it.

Gold Coast QLD Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I booked my daughter and new husband into the Vibe Hotel for their wedding night and paid for it over the internet. Rang them the week of the wedding to inform the staff they wouldn't arrive til 11pm, and did they need to do anything beforehand. The staff said no. After a beautiful weddind day the limosine dropped them off at the hotel and they were unable to book in as they had no ID or a credit card for a deposit. My daughter was left in the foyer of the Hotel in her bridal attire. When I arrived the staff member was rude and arrogant and said I obviously didn't read the fineprint. Yes that is true but I had rung the Hotel beforehand and they didn't say anything to me about this. I live on the Gold Coast i could have given them a credit card over the phone. I faxed them a complaint letter and have NOT heard one thing from the Hotel at all. I found the staff unsatisfactory and unsympathetic on a very special day in my beautiful daughters life. I am complaining here as I did not receive a letter back from the Hotel in response to my fax.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JulieHooly
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Dear JulieHooly,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your daughter’s recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I do apologise for the events that have occurred as they have impacted your daughter's stay with us here at Vibe Hotel.

I understand how important a wedding day is & would like to discuss the events of that night with you personally. I am contactable directly through the hotel reception desk & look forward to talking with you soon.

Warm regards,