First things first........The staff here are incredible as are the already renovated sections of the hotel. After becoming a Rydges priority guest, I expected a better room for the $300+ dollars I paid for the room and a higher floor. When we got to the room, I was disapointed. The beds looked like they had been laid on and not made very well. There was milk open in the fridge and corn chips spilt on the floor. The room was VERY dated. After 2 hours debating as to weather I should have a winge to the staff I went back down stairs and spoke to the very lovely Amanda at the front counter who initially was going to ask houskeeping to fix up the issues. I told her that I wasnt happy with that and wanted a room change. No problems what so ever. Amanda gave me a room on the 19th Floor and this room was better appointed and had a different fitout to the others(one of the new rooms????? not sure).
In hindsight, paying what I did and being a Rydges priority guest, I would have expected this room straight off the bat.
This hotel is going to be awesome when its finished as the most important things are in place already...i.e Great Staff and excellent customer service. I filled in an online survey which was sent to me by the hotel and expressed my concern over what happenend and I actually received a response from a real person which surprised me greatly.
Also I must commend the hotel on how sound proof the doors are. We had some trashy Bogan chicks staying on our floor and felt the need to "Hang out" in the hallway at 4pm making alot of noise. I got up to get a drink of water and I only heard them when I went really close to the door.
Ill be staying again but only when the place is fully renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia