QT Gold Coast
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$127
US$111
  • Beachfront
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$147
  • Beachfront
US$335
US$153
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$87
US$75
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$97
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$158
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$105
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$109
Travelocity
2,926 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Gold Coast Hotel for five nights. Our total experience
in all the restaurants was incredible. We arrived at the hotel on April 28th and
departed on May 2nd. Our first dining experience was at Bazaar Restaurant.
The presentation was beautiful and inviting. The flavors of all the items was
exceptional. The staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and very professional. The
nightclub Stingray was a pleasant end to a perfect evening. We enjoyed the
beauty of the Club, the variety of the cocktails offered, and again, the staff
was profesional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Bravo Each night we never
went anywhere else to dine. The variety offered in Bazaar was the reason
we continued going back each evening. Our favorites: the asian bar, paella,
steaks, and the total dining experience.

One of the nicest compliments we can offer is that we did not have to leave
the hotel. The restaurants and nightclub made it possible to enjoy the
evenings without having to go look for other options.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gloriahowell
QTGoldCoast_Mgmt, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on your visit to the QT Gold Coast.

It certainly is a compliment to our food & beverage team that you didn’t dine anywhere else on the gold coast. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto both the wait staff and the kitchen team.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Firstly I would like to say that my hotel room was awesome. Very large, immaculately clean and had a stunning ocean view. I would also like to add that the service I recieved at QT was faultless and the staff went above and beyond every time I had contact with them. However, the food at the new Bazaar restaurant was VERY ordinary! I was extremely disappointed as I had thought that paying $65 for just one meal would have ensured high quality. It certainly didn't. Most of the food was bland and tasteless and the seafood was below standard both in size and taste. The oyster were all shell, the prawns were all head, shell and legs and the crab had no flavour whatsoever. The Paiella??? had chunky pieces of mussell shell all through it which cut my tongue and the duck, chicken and lamb dishes were fatty and tasteless. Wines were around $10 a glass and were nothing to fuss about. Desserts were pretty much the same. On another night I ordered room service and had a flat, toppingless, bland pizza. It was supposed to be chicken but it had 4 pieces of chicken on the whole pizza and some sort of sweet sauce that was supposed to be BBQ but tasted like golden syrup. Very ordinary indeed. On the whole, if I hadn't eaten at the hotel, I would rate it 10/10 but the food bought my rating way down. The chefs have alot of work to do if they want to keep charging the money they do currently. Not worth it. Go to the Thai Restaurant in the next street for dinner or maybe to Red Rooster just a short distance up the road. Better quality and value for money! Now that's saying something!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to submit your detailed account of your experience in Bazaar. We certainly pride ourselves on delivering a consistent product and service, and strive to deliver value for money. Since completing renovations and as Trip Advisor indicates we have been inundated with positive feedback and praise from in house guests and locals of the Coast, all amazed how different and exciting our new product is; in saying this, to receive the feedback you have detailed, we have taken this very seriously and have gone through all of your accounts with the chefs, and we are working through each issue. We do hope that you do return and enjoy the positive experience that Bazaar has to offer.

Dave Galvin
Food & Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Great location, but incomplete renervations, average service and questionable room cleanliness reduced the experience. Would like to see how it is in a year or two, as competed upgrades are great, but till then there are better options on Surfers Paradise.

• Stayed: May 2011

As you acknowledged we have completed the refurbishments of the ground and first floors. While stage two of the refurbishment, the guest rooms, is scheduled for completion in late December this year. I hope at that stage you will try the hotel again to experience the full impact of our new hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

Firstly, let me say that my stay at QT left me underwhelmed and regretting my choice. The first room we were given -910- had a ceiling with terrible water damage, there were actual holes. Now considering we were paying over $200 a night, I honestly expected more.
At breakfast on the first morning I was told by the omelette chef that there were no more tomatoes available and she was to busy to go and get any. Only after I collected some grilled tomatoes from the breakfast buffet did she make an attempt.
Thirdly on our last night we had a complimentary dinner at Bazaar. My 7 year old son was charged $18 to eat with us plus a $5 surcharge because it was a public holiday. I have experienced 10% surcharges before but not 28% surcharges. Fortunately my 5 year old was not hungry.
However at breakfast my wife and I were provided with free breakfast due to us electing to pay a higher price per night but our 5 & 7 year olds were charged $13 each for the privilege to join their parents for breakfast.
We visit the gold coast 2 a year and have stayed at numerous hotel chains. This was my first experience at a Rydges property and based on my overall experience my last. There are many other hotel chains that offer and provide more without the impression that the hotel is continually trying to grab more of your dollars.
There were other I incidences which I could mention but the above ones were the main ones that stick out.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Shaun F

I was sorry to hear your concerns regarding your room and your experience in Bazaar. On behalf of the QT Gold Coast I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you on what should be a trouble free stay. It is obvious we have not delivered the required service to you on this occasion.

I would like to be able to discuss your concerns with you directly however as trip advisor is an anonymous feedback forum we are unable to find you details. Please contact either myself or Matt Lawton directly so that we can discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

We stayed at Mountain River View Twin Roomfor two nights with 4 & 6 yo. The room was renovated well, and good size with comfortable double sized beds. We were in Room 1104 with a little balcony looking towards the GC hinterland and also looking at the hotel cross the road (but was not too bothered about the other hotel).

The room was quite cold at night, and we wanted to have an extra blanket. (Didn't want to use the aircon/heater as it will dry us out). It took me 15-20 mins to engage someone on the reception over the phone to request a couple of blankets. (I tried other numbers, but no one was answering) However, after waiting for two hours, no one had turned up with blankets. So I had to call again and complained. This time, the lady who took a call from Concierge, personally came to the room. I found Concierge staff were very friendly and helpful, but the main Reception staff were very snobby and unfriendly. I did not impress with the attitude of the receptionist at the check-in, as well. We also had a broken kettle, but we couldn't be bothered to call again and complain since I knew I have to wait forever for someone to answer the phone.

Facilities are very simple modern, not really for kids in mind but more oriented for young adults. We went to the pool, but I thought the overall size of the pool was rather small for the size of the accomodation. There was a shallow area, which I assume it is a wading pool, but an adult was lying and occupied the whole area. The whole colour scheme of the pool is more for adult taste, so some people may not realise that there were area for kids, too. Anyway, as the weather was still warm enough, we gave up on using pool and went to the beach instead. The beach is 5 mins walk, so it wasn't a problm.

We did not use any of restaurants, as it was more 'night club' like than restaurants except a Japanese restaurant there.

Overall, the stay was present enough, except the reception staff. But luckily, it is not too often we had to engage with them during the stay anyway. The overall looks and attitudes of some of young receptionists aren't something I expected from higher star hotels.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

I was disappointed to read that you had difficulty with your interactions with the reception team. On behalf of the QT Gold Coast I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you on what should be a trouble free stay. It is obvious we have not delivered the required service to you on this occasion. In response we have addressed your concerns with further training for the reception team.