My husband and I have just returned from two wonderful nights at the QT Gold Coast. Check in was quick and we were then greeted by Dean from concierge who helped take our luggage to our room. He checked the room keys were working for us and then explained a few things about the room to us. He also suggested that we keep our eyes out for whales and showed us where we could expect to see them (unfortunately we didn't see any though!). This is the level of service I would expect at a B&B so we were very impressed.
The room was spotless and we had a wonderful view of the ocean. Yes, the bathroom needs renovating but we were aware of this beforehand and it was certainly not as bad as some of the previous reviewers have commented.
We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Bazaar on our first night. It was our second time dining there and the food was just a delicious as earlier in the year - I highly recommend the pork belly, soft shell crab and conift duck! I cannot rate the wait staff highly enough - they are true professionals. The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that there was only a small range of desserts compared to our previous visit. We visited again for buffet breakfast and this was great, too.
We also ordered room service and were again impressed by the food and service - it is such a nice touch to have the chef call the room to see if we enjoyed the meal.
I have never stayed twice at the same hotel at the Gold Coast but will definitely be returning to QT. While the rooms may not be 5 star (yet), the service definitely is and I can't wait to visit again to see the completed renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia