QT Gold Coast
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$136
US$109
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$135
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$85
US$74
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$167
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$106
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$194
US$153
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$520
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$109
2,933 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here for our anniversary for one night.
Positives
Greeting/check in - where to start! we drove in unsure of where to park, a gentleman approaches the car (immediately i think oh great here we go!) my husband winds the window down to be pleasantly asked, hello sir, how may i help you, are you checking in, can i take your bags, do you need assistance, upon us confirming we are checking in we were told we can park our car undercover and come up via the elevator to reception. So we did. Reception and check in, the lovely young lass on reception was delightfully friendly, informative, and excelled in customer service! The whole check in took only minutes, we recieved information on dinner, breaky, restaurant ect.
Room - we open the room 1615, first room from the lift so no searching involved, open the door, pleasant smelling, fresh, perfect temperature, bright and clean! No issues with the door entry at all. Large, neat, tidy, not over crowded, HUGE bathroom with extra bench space! We enjoyed our deluxe ocean view spa room. Window space and view was amazing, especially at sunrise the next day! Separate air con in main living and bedroom which i loved as my husband prefers a different temperature when his sleeping and the room temp changed quickly upon changing settings. Balcony was cosy, yet provided a view above the pool and of the beach. The bed was awesome, i don't remember waking let alone moving!
Food - the restaurant was amazing, no other words for it, no faults no 'ok' just fantastic the best food we are ever had full stop. We enjoy good food and this was above and beyond. The dessert selection was phenomenal! The freshness of a market kitchen is just mind blowing there is not enough to be said for it! i would drive down there just to eat there for dinner and drive home again! Well done all of you, a job well executed, chefs were delightful, friendly and helpful, Angela was awesome including offering a suggestion of drinks, she was there late for dinner and there early for breaky! Great work you should all be proud of yourselves in that kitchen!
Hotel - the hotel it's self has a unique design that i loved, retro, yet modern, with a touch of old charm, fantastic just tickled my fancy definately covered the lot with this one!

Check out - we took advantage of a late 1pm check out as we were rydges members, fast, efficient, we weren't made to feel uncomfortable for checking out late, also they combined our breaky and accommodation to save us money by making it a package, what more could you ask for!

2 toilets make things great!, extra space with out the extra price, really need more than one night to get all the benefits of this hotel.

Room Tip: Join the priority guest rewards!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Dear KC_Trimmer,

What an amazing review KC! This is a dream for us at the property - a review like this really hits home with our staff and gives them even more motivation to be the best of the best. It's especially wonderful that such an important occassion was a success.

Our concierge and front desk teams are regularly applauded for their excellence an we will share your praise with them.

Sounds like the room hit the right note with you as well. They are really spacious, as you mentioned, and we are so excited to see the impact of our rooms redevelopment starting next week.

'The best food we have ever had', is a sentence that I have not heard in my career in hospitality before, and I'm having it pop up quite a bit with reference to Bazaar. So much thought and effort was, and continues to be, put into making our food and beverage offerings world class at QT, and so far it is, as your review indicates, a resounding success. So happy you didn't miss out while you were here.

The 50's beachside glamour is one of my favourite eras and it sounds like you are a fan of retro too. It's got such a warm and rich feel about it. All the gorgeous colours and textures make the hotel a really beautiful environment.

There's nothing better than stretching out a great sleep in after a wonderful night, so I'm very happy that you got to experience a lazy morning with us.

Thanks again for letting us know KC. We really appreciate you.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed here during our little family getaway. This place is amazing! I love the new funky retro renovations and the furniture and fittlings are so colourful and chic. Staff are very friendly and helpful and were great with the kids. Service at the lobby, bar and restaurant was very efficient and always came with a smile. Food at Bazaar was amazing, however the cocktails at Stingray were quite ordinary but the ambience of the bar made up for that. The only downfall of stay was the room. Actually downfall is not the right word, it's more like "slight dissapointment". The rooms are still undergoing renovations (which the hotel advises you of), so the room that we got was from the old Gold Coast International Hotel. It was very clean and the views were great, however after seeing other parts of the hotel first, you kind of expected a more vibrant, modern room, than the dull old one we got. Oh well, that only means that my next excuse to go on another getaway, is to sample the new rooms once they are complete! So if you are looking for a great place to stay that won't break the piggy bank, I'd absolutely recommend the QT!

Room Tip: River view rooms are cheaper and views still great
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Denzelina

Dear Denzelina,

Lovely to hear from you, especially since you had such a wonderful stay. Every time I walk into the hotel, I wish I could pick it all up and take it home with me. It's so modern and luxurious (and the environment makes it much easier to come to work on a Monday morning!).

Our staff are a lovely group of people who are also really enjoying watching the property transform into it's frshmodern beauty. We are waiting with bated breath to see the new rooms, which will be in the same 50's beachside style.

I'm really happy that you were able to experience Bazaar and Stingray lounge while you were here. The food is, I agree, amazing. I will admit to having had quite few cocktails in Stingray and can't say I've had any that didn't hit the spot after a long working week, but we will make sure that we are doing our very best in that area!

We would love to take care of you again once the new rooms are finished.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed for 3 weeks at the QT in Surfers paradise while we looked for permanent accommodations on the Gold Coast. I was staying with my husband and 10 month old daughter. We were delighted by how friendly and helpful the staff was. The concierges went out of there way to help us navigate the city and the restaurant staff couldnt have been more professional and friendly. I also loved the interior design. It was comfortable, laid-back and modern retro.
I loved the food! Bazaar was amazing for breakfast and dinner with something new for your senses with every visit. They have made to order stir-fry and tasting plates for dinner and an omelette station for breakfast.
The Mexi style food in the bar helped with my homesickness and not to mention the amazing execution on the cocktails they offer.
We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend to anyone traveling with or without children. Great experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank warner149

Dear Warner149,

Aren't you two a gorgeous pair! It's so great to hear that your new little family were taken care of during your stay. Travelling with little ones can, I know, sometimes be a harrowing experience, and it sounds like you guys had a really relaxing time! Fantastic.

I'm really happy that the staff were ready and able to perform for you, and that you had the chance to take in the delicious experiences of Stingray and Bazaar. I am, at this very minute, holding off on going downstairs and getting a coffee and some banana bread from the cafe.....the food is phenomenal.

We would love to see you again.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I have just returned from two wonderful nights at the QT Gold Coast. Check in was quick and we were then greeted by Dean from concierge who helped take our luggage to our room. He checked the room keys were working for us and then explained a few things about the room to us. He also suggested that we keep our eyes out for whales and showed us where we could expect to see them (unfortunately we didn't see any though!). This is the level of service I would expect at a B&B so we were very impressed.

The room was spotless and we had a wonderful view of the ocean. Yes, the bathroom needs renovating but we were aware of this beforehand and it was certainly not as bad as some of the previous reviewers have commented.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Bazaar on our first night. It was our second time dining there and the food was just a delicious as earlier in the year - I highly recommend the pork belly, soft shell crab and conift duck! I cannot rate the wait staff highly enough - they are true professionals. The only thing I was a little disappointed about was that there was only a small range of desserts compared to our previous visit. We visited again for buffet breakfast and this was great, too.

We also ordered room service and were again impressed by the food and service - it is such a nice touch to have the chef call the room to see if we enjoyed the meal.

I have never stayed twice at the same hotel at the Gold Coast but will definitely be returning to QT. While the rooms may not be 5 star (yet), the service definitely is and I can't wait to visit again to see the completed renovations.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear BCleary02,

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the property. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and that everything we hope to deliver in terms of product and service were put forward during your stay.

We start work on our rooms upgrades in July, which will mean that those bathrooms will be getting a major makeover (as will the entire room) bringing it up to the standard of the rest of ther property.

I can't go past the pork belly when I am in Bazaar either, and the desserts are a key factor for me too, so I'll report back to the team on your missing selection!

We would love to have you back at our property, and hope too see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed in an executive ocean suite. The staff were relatively friendly and I was very suprised how pumpin' the bar downstairs was on a Saturday night. I was a bit disappointed that our in-room spa didn't work. It didn't ruin the weekend but it was one of the main reasons I booked that room. Would've preferred to hear the sound of the ocean instead of the exhaust fan of the restaurant below us too. I also didn't find the bed very comfortable, all I could feel is the bare mattress under the sheet. Pretty average for $279/night. I would maybe come back after they've renovated the rooms.

Dear Nic255068,

Lovely to hear from you. I have great news for you in terms of the rooms and your comment about the comfort of our beds.

The property is set to undergo it's final develpoment starting July with the renovation of our rooms, which will see them take on the cheeky 1950's beachside persona we have so lovingly integrated into the restaurants, cafes and public areas. Part of this change will be new beds, that are an absolute delight to sleep on (I have one at home).

Of course the spas will be a part of this upgrade as well. Thanks so much for being understanding about it, and we would love to see you back at the property.