My fiancee and I visited the newly renovated QT Gold Coast (originally the Gold Coast International) for 1 night in late July. Our main reason for choosing the hotel was because of the restaurant. We had visited a while ago before it had been renovated and was very impressed with the seafood buffet. We realised upon booking our room that the restaurant had changed and were both looking forward to testing it out.
We arrived and after waiting 30mins to check in we finally had our room key. The staff were apologetic but not overly friendly. We arrived at our room and discovered they had given us a room with 2 double beds when we purchased a 'Queen Room'. This was rectified with a trip down to reception and a bit of grumbling and we moved into a Double Queen Room as they had no single Queen Rooms available.
Being a Rydges Priority Guest we received a complimentary entree of Spicy Buffalo Wings at the new Stingray bar. These were so spicy we could hardly eat them. But the accompanying cocktails were delicious. The bar staff were not friendly but we received all we asked for in an adequate amount of time.
We then moved up to the Bazaar Restaurant. AMAZING FOOD!! Eveything I tasted was delicious. It included a wide range of foods from seafood to lamb shanks and the dessert was the best I've ever had! Service was friendly and attentive.
Overall I think the rooms definately need a upgrade - the look and feel run down compared to the lobby and restaurant/bar. I actually thought my bed at home was more comfortable than the one at this hotel. The reception staff weren't friendly and did not in any way make you feel welcome. (All except for one usher - always saying hello and asking if we needed any help - I don't know his name though as he wasn't wearing a name tag) The restaurant is definately the hotels main drawcard - I would suggest booking a table as we couldn't get in until 8.30pm!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia