“Really great value”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“Really great value”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed for only one night - a Sunday- and it was very pleasant. The location is handy, the hotel renovations are good quality, and the price was exceptionally good.
We'll have no problems with staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear CHM1943,

This is another great review from a very seasoned traveller and we love that you took the time to give us a pat on the back.

I nearly fell of my chair when I saw that you have been to 631 cities! That's amazing. Pretty cool that we impressed a true wanderer and we hope that we can take care of you again when you are next in town.

QT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NSW, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I cannot recommend this place enough!

Wow. In all my years of long haul travel I haven't met a hotel that Just Rocks like this.
Beats W hotel at its own gas.

In light of my recent post(s) which border on scathing it is SO exciting to have something fresh to say....

So totally fresh this place. Colours briliant. Staff stunning in both service and presentation...

Rooms...well on the gc its hard to have a bad roo. I had a land view. Lovely.

The room itself is SO fresh, immaculate and the fresh lime touch: superb.

In talking to the staff, they love this place, and that is so cool.

I disagree with other comments about the parking cost @ $8... It totaly only adds to the charm of this place. I avoided a $200 corporate diner just to chill in the joint.

My point? Don't screw us for stuff and we'll spend up on the premise! Grand value! Point being... I did. This place offers great value and With Respect, why would I not return the favour?!

Nescafe in room coffee...grrrr. great outcome though I was a disbeiever in the product before, but:
A) the product is great and,
B) the staff are trained to support it ...fil the pods!

Can't say enough positive things about this place! Rock on AND kudos to Rydges...you've totally rocked my faith in my alternative loyalty-locked choice SPG. I wil look harder for this brand.

On that note, please brand it as i travel mostly for corporate...I need to find options quickly!

Room Tip: Ask for renovated.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear travel80r,

Wohoooooo! Another fabulous review from a Senior Reviewer. If I would take your review, get a sky writing jet and put that up in the air for the world to see (logistically impossible of course but would be a really great way to get the message out there!).

You sound fun, and anyone who can become a convert in one stay to a new brand is my type of traveller. We have three locations coming on next year (check out the article in HM Magazine online about our developments) and yes there are some significant developments in metro locations perfect for the corporate traveller.

I know I will being seeing you at one of our places in the future so make sure to come and say hi. I'd love to get more feedback on your stays as you sound very QT.

Melbourne
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed at this Fab Resort in November 2011 and I can't say enough about it. Once you walk in you were greeting with a modern chic new age resort, where staff are happy to assist your every need.

The new rooms are fantastic, with gorgeous mirrors and vibrant furniture to make the room look very stylish and modern.

The dinner & breakfast packages had an abundance of buffett food at an excellent quality, staff were attentive and efficient. I would recommend all to try.

The bar was very nice and sophisticated, and a bit thumbs up to the cocktails they were delicious.

Leisure facilities were very nice, however it would be good if they had the swim up bar in operation.

Do yourself a favour and check this place out, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Emily_Veronica,

There is so much good in your review that I want to respond to, but I am stuck on the swim up bar comment. I adore swim up bars, I love a cheeky vodka when I'm swishing around all day and I think that we may need to take this comment very seriously!

I'm heading straight into a food and beverage marketing meeting now and I'm going to put this as my first point of order! Maybe we can do water service even - imagine that floating around on lilos and just holding up a sign that says 'Thirsty!' and a gorgeous waiter/waitress appears to take your order. Fantastic!

Brisbane
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel 25 years ago and loved it then. Now, the hotel has been refurbished and is looking fantastic! Newly opened, the hotel rooms are looking clean and fresh and have been fitted out with some funky and functional facilities, the lemonade in the rom upon arrival was prefect! The bed was comfy and huge and the bathroom is quite an experience! Upon check-in, we were greeted by several friendly staff at the front desk and at concierge which was excellent. The Bazaar Restuarant was a must-do for breakfast and the buffet provided so many choices for guests which was great, the fresh fruit at the buffet was yummy! For a conference stay, this hotel is prefect! The hotel is located 5 minutes walk from the heart of Surfers Paradise which provides for a nice stroll to the action if you want this.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear itinerary,

Another Senior Reviewer! And this time you've even done so any reviews that you have the gold ring around your review star! You are a TripAdvisor veteran and we knocked it out of the park! Another proud moment for the QT Team.

Thanks so much for letting us know that you had a wonderful stay. I, of course, agree with you on all your points, and can often be seen hunting down staff members to get my hands on that home made lemonade as I seem to have developed a bit of a habit for it!

We would love to see you again and hope it's not too long between drinks.

Melbourne
Reviewed 8 November 2011

we stayed on a Friday and Saturday. The price was way better than similarly rated hotels. We loved the new design and colours and the quirky touches in the room. The bed was as spectacular as the view; new bathroom and modern appliances. The staff were very helpful so that capped it off.

Room Tip: the QT rooms have all the new gear
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear TandTMelbourne,

Another SeniorReviewer! QT Gold Coast is having a great run with the TripAdvisor VIP's!

Thanks so much for letting us know that you had a great stay. Great bed, great staff, great amenities, great atmosphere - I totally agree with you that if you can get these elements right in a hotel you are onto a real winner.

Bribie Island, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at this beautiful Hotel and were very impressed with the room, the staff and the way we were made to feel very welcomed, we stayed on the 21st floor and our room and view was amazing. I would also like to forward a huge thank you to the cleaning staff who found & returned my necklace I left there to me, it is very dear to me and I thought it was gone forever, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

This hotel is suited for the young to middle aged professional person who is there on business everything is there, internet,mouth watering meals at the Bazaar Restaurant & some light drinks n music at the Stingray Bar. This Hotel is also a lovely place if you are wanting a romantic weekend away either to get to know each other better or to know each other again or just a fun weekend away without the kids.......

If ever we need to getaway to the Gold Coast The QT Gold Coast Hotel is where we will be staying...........

Jim & Stephnie Molnar

Room Tip: If you can afford it for a romantic weekend the 21st floor with a view of the water is amazing other...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear step-on-it2,

I am absolutely delighted and relieved for you that you found your necklace. I know as a seasoned traveller myself and having left many a precious item in my room upon departure that the difference between loving of loathing a place can be whether or not you get your item back. It helps to know that every staff member in the hotel is there to do the very best for our customers and this really hits home that point.

I'll pass on the thanks to our house keeping staff again (though I know that they were thanked by you when this was returned).

We would love to see you at our property again and thanks again Stephanie (and to Jim) for your lovely review. You're a part of the QT family already!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed here on their promotional package that included breakfasts and 1 dinner package.
It is our opinion that the setup of the hotel is specifically targeting young to middle aged professionals with a high discretionary spending ability. The DINK (Double Income No Kids) couple with their new renovation. Need to pay extra to get newly renovated rooms.

Pros:
Good service around by all hotel staff were experienced. Check-in and out took only a few minutes.
Nice little touches 1) ingredients to self make fresh lemonade was in room on arrival
2) Nespresso machine in room
3) seat in the bathroom to sit on whilst drying hair - Wife and child
appreciated it
4) four towels in the room already
Food: Breakfast was excellent, cooked to order and juices made to order as well
: Dinner was also good, we ended up eating here for the 2nd night as well
Value: Reasonable for Australian standard. We paid $404 for 2 nights (member's rate) and also rydges members get 20% off all drinks and food (except room service)

Cons: Not too many but charges for parking is a bit outdated in my opinion. Only $8 a day and make me wonder why have it at all.
Music is a bit on the loud side at night near the lobby but overall it was bearable.

Conclusion: We would intend to stay here if we were come back within 18 month. They have definitely earnt our return custom.

Room Tip: Higher Floor and pay extra for the newly renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear linfjy,

We love a good honest review! It's also fantastic that we seem to have excelled in our ratings! Dinner, tick! Great coffee in room, tick! Our home made lemonade kit, tick! Wonderful brekkie, tick!

We would love to have you back at the property and we'll take your notes on the parking under advisement.

Hopefully we will see you soon,