“As always brilliant”
Review of QT Gold Coast

QT Gold Coast
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed lst Friday night. This is the only Hotel I stay at now on the Gold Coast. It was brilliant as always. A great experience.

• Stayed: January 2012
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dearest Tallobilla.

Oh, you just love us! Second review, second time brilliant was in the title. Don't you going changing hotels!

See you asap,

Reviewed 10 January 2012

The renovation has done this place wonders! Everyone was friendly and helpful, even offering to help carry my mess of bags as I wandered through the foyer looking like i was struggling.

The decor in the rooms is so unique and you can buy it if you like! the complimentary lemonade was a cute touch (and went quite well with our vodka !)

This hotel has a great modern feel to it - there are still some parts under renovation - i'm definitely going to be staying here again to check out the finished product.

We had a mountain view room - which was on the corner and we could see the beach as well! We were on the 22nds floor as well. It was the perfect getaway for my boyfriend and I. We also had a 2pm checkout which made recovering after our work XMAS party much easier!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if possible as they have had the most work done to them!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear someonemaybe,

2pm checkout - fantastic! You would have been checking out the beach (through your sunnnies while sipping on a redbull) at a very respectable hour after a wonderful sleep in (made possible by some of the hardest working blackout curtains that I have ever seen).

I'm glad that the hotel hit all the right notes for you. We are working our tushes off to keep the momentum building at the property and competing with ourselves daily on what we can do next to keep our return guests loving us and loving life!

Hope to take care of you again soon,

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed in December, 2011.

Check in was a bit slow as four people waiting and only one staff at the time. Foyer is impressive and certainly the most exiciting I have ever been into in Austraila. It was very open and inviting. We arrived a little early but our room was ready and waiting for us.

I selected a mountain/river view room. The room was newly renovated and looked very smart but it will certainly not be to everyones tastes. I did not mind it , as it was different. The room was very clean and on the larger size with plenty of room to spread out. It was cleaned everyday to a high standard.

The view was fine although the hot afternoon sun does pour into the rooms but thats what air conditioning is for and it worked fine. The bathroom was very modern but agian the water saving shower i hated. Also not a fan of just a glass screen water still goes everywhere. The soft close toilet lid should make every woman happy. Why it does not open automatic beats me.

The pool was fine and swim up bar is a bit over the top but everyone needs a gimick. The gym was a good size with all the equipment that you need for a good work out (Bikes, rowers, steppers, free weights and a large home gym). Played tennis and again no issues it was free (Unsure if it cost for racquet or balls as we had our own).

We ate in the bar area (sorry can't recall the name) food was good and a very good size. Drank there as well again no issues. I did not attended on a Friday or Saturday night and had no issue with entering the same. Its new and trendy at this point so it is popular. (Im sure it will change as other places open etc.). The crowd was mixed in age and the music was fine. Having a river view room meet no noise from it either in our room.

Some will complain about the price and I agree it is not the cheapest place to stay and most likely not the best, but having said that, it is new ,it is modern and it is a different take on a hotel setup for our shores.

Parking is a cost ($8 a night) and agian something I don't agree with when so many offer parking for nothing.

The location is good, within an easy walk to Cavill Mall but far enough away from the drunken idiots (We stayed during schoolies). The beach is a block away and most resturant are between the motel and the mall.

Would I stay again, sure it different and a good location.

Room Tip: River view rooms are cheaper and if you want to look at the beach walk down to it and sit on it. No...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear DazzaMeg,

Thanks kindly for a very comprehensive take on the property. I was actually only talking to someone about the swim up bar today, They were saying that it's so popular in Asia and it's weird that we don't have many of them here. Horses for courses on this one I think. I think I may find it a bit difficult after a few tipples!

We are glad you loved the rest of the property, and that you will be back!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here over New Years in a One Bedroom King Suite, we booked this back in July knowing the place was to be renovated and it sounded fantastic, when we booked it the room had pictures of what the renovated rooms will look like and was advertised with a Spa, unfortunetly we get a call in November to tell us the rooms have been completed and it no longer has a spa and its been replaced with a "Japanese Bath".

We arrived at 2.15PM and were told our room will not be ready for another 45 minutes, this was no big deal for us as we had a vehicle so just went for a drive, they did offer complimentary parking for our entire stay and a couple of free drinks at the bar.

After we checked in we went up to our room, it not only looked very fresh and vibrant it even had a fresh scent. We noticed this "Japanese Bath" looked no different to any other bath, we stayed at the Meriton Broadbeach the previous night and even there bath was much much deeper/bigger so im not sure how they class it as a Japanese Bath? however this didnt bother us as we didnt plan on sitting in the bath our entire holiday and we got a good deal anyway.

We didnt have any real issues staying here and thoroughly enjoyed ourself, the only down side (very minor) was the bar fridge stunk, it smelt like fruit or something had gone off really bad and whatever you put in there (even drinks) would also stink of this smell when you pull them out so i suggest they check this out?

The QT is atleast a few blocks from all the shops so you will need to do a little walking however its not far at all and also only 1 block back from the beach.

Unfortunetly we didnt get to try the Bazaar which everyones seems to rave about as we couldnt see ourself eating enough food to cover the $65/per person cost.

The Bar seemed like a cool place to hang out, the lighting was always right and music playing throughout the day and night and was a great spot to chill.

We didnt attend the NYE event that was happening and it seemed to be going off around the reception and pool area and a fair amount of security around, thankfully none of them were concerned we were walking through and we had no troubles coming and going from our room that night.

The hotel looks like its suited to younger people looking to chill and party and there wasnt much of the older generation there, however that doesnt mean they wouldnt have a great time there also. Id highly recommend it for the younger generation and couples and not families.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Surfers and this one is definetly different from the rest.

Room Tip: King Suites are much larger and worth the money!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear defyet,

Another Senior Reviewer! You know we love you! You also have 8 helpful votes on your 9 reviews which means you are on the money... which means wohooooooo for QT Gold Coast.

The fridge ordeal sounds disgusting! So sorry about that! Weirdest thing. Maybe someone had popped fruit in there on their last stay and there was a stray grape that we missed that has gone rancid and horribly wrong! Oh, yuck! If you message me the room number we will check it out. We haven't heard about it since luckily. Such a great thing about TA - you find out about the most interesting quirks in your property.

The Japanese deep soak baths are a trendy design feature along with being very comfy. I am a keen bath person, so I can honestly say that yes, to a bath aficionado, the deep soak is a great bath experience. I understand that if you were not a keen bath goer that they may look a little unassuming. Rest assured, the proofs in the pudding on this one so check it out for a deep soak next time!

Wonderful to hear on all the other points. I spent NYE at the hotel so I would probably have been wandering around at the same time as you. It was such a a great atmosphere. The Stingray crew really know how to turn on a wonderful party!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed in June for a couple of nights. Funky hotel with great reception area. Staff were friendly and very helpful! The renovation of this hotel extends mainly to the reception area/lower floors at the rooms have only had superficial changes (new beds and paintings). The bathrooms are still quite only and not amazing! Our room was on a high floor and had a great view. We had a car so having on-site parking was a big bonus.

Good range of eating options for all budgets. We were in the GC only for 2 days mainly to visit a sick relative so were not really there to sight see etc. This hotel is about 7 mins walk from the centre of GC (although I don't know why you would want to be close to this area which is pretty lackluster!) Couple of blocks from the beach which is quieter than the town beach. Personally if in the GC to enjoy the beach I would look at staying in a beachfront location - as opposed to having to cross at least 2 streets to get there

Overall - Would probably choose a hotel closer to the beach. Old bathrooms that are in need of an overall as well.

Room Tip: High floor and ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear JKNZ,

It's awesome to see a review from last June, and be able to write to you and say that everything you have asked for is now completed! New rooms, new bathrooms and the beach is about 50 metres away (so we can't get much closer than that!).

We have lovingly done the rooms and bathrooms in the same 50's beach style of the foyer that the enjoyed, so I'm sure that next time you stay with us you will love the entire experience!

Hope to see you soon,

Thanks kindly,

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed here mid December. Check in really nice friendly staff. Rooms new and clean. Location is fantastic walk to everywhere and away from the noise. Restaurant is amazing for dinner and especially breakfast by far best buffet breakfast on the coast.
Stay was very economical with one dinner and breakfasts each morning included just can't be beaten for value. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear jenMaroochydore,

14 reviews and 15 helpful votes! Fantastic review ratings Jen! Makes me so proud when we get finger snaps from reviewers who are really hitting the mark on TA with helping out other users.

It's also fantastic when a 5 star resort is told that they are good value - this means that we are really offerring a service that is above and beyond our promise! We love, love, love to hear this.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. It really makes a difference.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I booked two queen beds and when I got there there were only rooms with one queen bed available. They offered a trundle bed and said it was complimentary but then started to charge me $50 a night for it. It was also the most uncomfortable bed!! I still have back and neck problems from it! Qt also changed the amount my friends and I were supposed to be paying on numerous
Occasions throughout our stay! I strongly recommend paying in cash or you WILL be ripped off! I asked to speak to a manager several times as well but they couldn't even tell me who ran the place or give me a contact number! I would have preferred to stay in the cheapest motel over qt. I would have paid a lot less for a better sleep and service!

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank Hannahc13

Dear Hannahc13,

Thanks for writing to us. As you can see by my previous responses, we take the thoughts and feelings of TripAdvisor users very seriously.

That being said, when we see a review that is clearly untrue, we also feel that we should not have to respond. This is one of those reviews.

Thanks kindly,