Having just spent Christmas at QT for 5 nights with families we are back again. We left Brisbane on Wednesday and it was one of hottest days this summer. We spend around 2 hrs down at Wet and Wild (water park) before getting down to QT just after noon. Apparently the place is busy because of the Magic Million Horse Race Carnival. We had to wait a while for our room to be ready so we ordered some lunch at Stingray (the bar). When our room was ready, the staff offered to send the food up and with the welcoming lemonade, it was perfect start to a couple of fun days. My better half has booked a Relaxation Massage at the SpaQ. It is her third visit to this spa after it opened on 27th Dec 2011. The experience is so good, my better half has booked a 90 min massage for her next stay already. Dinner at Bazaar is always good. The price has gone up a mere $4 per adult, and $3 per child. Not a big deal to write home about. It is well worth it as long as they keep up the service, quality (the celebrity chef George Franscisco has returned to NSW). We took friends to Bazaar for dinner and now the friends are taking their families there for brunch this Sunday. If you are interested in trying new things out, it is always fun to ask the staff for suggestions. We asked Rebecca who used to run the Lava Bar, and she recommended Socialite Sling (cocktail), it was just what my better half needed (she has a sweet tooth).
We had water fights with other kids in the htoel pool, we went to Market at night on the beach front, after we checked out this morning, we went to Sea World for 4 hours and saw the new Dora the Explorer show. It was a good couple of nights short break. As QT is NOT the most expensive in Goldcoast, we bear that in mind when we stay there. We are more demanding when we stay at other hotels like Hyatt, Mariott, Sofitel, etc. Overall (after renovation), QT is good value for our money. Food at Bazaar is getting a reputation, as we start running in people we know there at dinner.
There is always room for improvement and I expect the staff to keep improving.
Sam & Sue and Nicholas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia