QT Gold Coast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$136
US$196
US$151
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$133
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$103
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$135
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$168
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$188
US$153
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$227
Travelocity
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$110
Hotels.com
2,933 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Reading a bunch of negative reviews at Tripadvisor we were a little hesitant to book QT Gold Coast. But I am glad we've chosen this hotel for our short stay. Stylish and comfortable interiors, both in the lobby / public area, and the room itself. The room on the top floor had a nice view over a river (opposite side faces the ocean), and there was no noise or anything to disturb us while sleeping. Everything in the room was in good condition.The staff was always friendly and willing to help, any request is handled with lots of smiles. No problems with underground parking, as there always were several vacant spots for your car. We didn't try any in-house meals, so I cannot judge.
Perhaps a little out of the way (but still within a very short walking distance to Surfers city center), the hotel was a pleasant place to stay in every other respect. Unless you aim at the top-of-the-line exclusive accomodations like Palazzo Versaci, QT Gold Coast is very easy to recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IlMal
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Dear llMal,

Thanks so much for your review. We did have a shocking review week last week! It is such an irregular occurrence for us that we didn't know quite what to think to be honest with you. Luckily, amongst the bad, we did have good reviews, reviews like yours.

These are much more a description of what we feel our property offers than the negative reviews, however we do know that we can sometimes lose track of our day to day workings while we focus on the bug picture of delivering a five star experience that is like no other in Australia.

We are tuning those little bits and pieces as we speak, and aiming to improve everyday to meets the needs of our gorgeous guests.

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that next time you make the trip from Moscow you get to stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Very clean , trendy ultra modern , hotel at a great price. Maimi style wanabe hotel bit naf but thats the gold coast ,but you do not get better for the money. The food was brilliant the breakfast and the evening buffet absolutely great choice would rival any good asian hotel. Movies did not work and the computer options are pretty limited and costly but overall great place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrMark68

Dear MrMark68,

Naff! That's such a great word. I use that word when I am referring to 'jeggings'. I guess the Gold Coast might seem a bit naff at times. We are very much an Eames inspired property, and I don't think I've ever heard his work referred to as naff, but there's a first time for everything, and you used a really fun word so it didn't feel as bad on our end.

Sounds like the hotel itself hit the mark which is fabulous. We have confirmed that our in room movies will be fully operational within the next week, which is a wonderful bit of news. While we don't advertise that we have them at the property, we do know that wet weather really needs a great movie when you are in a hotel, so we are getting this done quickly.

We would love to take care of you again. Please make sure to come again next time you are in town.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

For my 30th birthday i wanted a cocktail in a swim up bar and that is why i stayed here.

first... The river view room i was in was oddly opened when i arrived. Found out when i went to leave it was due to the fact the screws where coming out of the door fitting and then broke. I was told i should change rooms. First i was given a room with no balcony and was upset by this. Then they offered a ocean room but said they would charge extra. I said i would stay where i was. They then said no charge. on check out i had to fight to get extra charges taken off.

second... The 2nd room i was in the air con did not work. First night i opened the door to get a breeze and was met with a god awful sound of a vent off a roof below. Figured out door needs to be closed for air con to turn on..... figured i must have left the door slightly open. so closed door and left. Got back to room after dinner and it was hot!! couldnt open door due to rain. called that night and was told someone would come by at 11. fell asleep waiting. At about 130 am it was too hot to sleep and went down to reception which was lovely and cool. they said they couldnt help unless i did a room change. It was late and i was tired and didnt want to have to pack my things. so i asked for a fan which at first was meet with we dont have any!!!! i pushed and he went and found one. gave little help but was better. The next day a guy came to fix the air con (i guess she meant 11 am!! nice work) Awesome as we were packing to leave. the room was lovely after that. told the desk they apologised and that was it.

third... My friend brought me 2 bottles of wine. one i opened on my birthday the other i put in the fridge. When we got back from breakfast the cleaning staff were at our floor. we started packing and i went to get the wine and it was gone. we pulled our bags apart and nothing. It couldnt have walked out on its own. That was my birthday present!!!

fourth... as for my swim up bar plans for my bday..... bar opened before 12 and shut a little while later (which was too early for me to start drinking) and they refused to reopen. instead they said get the bar to deliver drinks to spa. which meant we would have to leave spa.. wet.... and cold and order our drinks each time. not good enough!!

I would like to comment on the fact i paid full price for a half finished hotel (oh an i forgot to mention i had the same problem with the door in my next room but got it fixed before it broke) not a good look when you go to use the laundry and find, on that floor, workers with the floor pulled up and nails and bits everywhere and no signs. went and spoke to staff all of which had no idea that was going on. An elevator with wires and thing hanging from the room kills the feel.

The positives.. SOME of the staff were amazing and very sweet!! Andy is a Legend! (curly haired kid) the restaurant had the wow factor for me. The style is cool and the bed divine.

What i found out since coming home is that my mum emailed the hotel 3 days before my birthday asking if they had a florist or knew of one near by, so she could send me flowers and never got a reply. A little slack considering the staff reply quicker on here.

Over all not impressed but maybe when its done. they need to consider having a maintenance person 24/7 as i had 2 issues at night. Also you should not be charging full price for what is not finished.

would have been nice considering all the issues i had to be offered a complimentary night or a discount.... something!!

ps the toilet wasnt even flushed when i arrived!!

Will be calling hotel to complain.. will let you know what they say.

Room Tip: If ever you want to pay more for a better view? then i would call and ensure you can get a room high up as the noise was like a jet taking off!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carly M
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Hey Carly,

I am so bummed that you came all that way for your birthday and had a crappy time.

We are finishing the last of the renovations now, so this must have been the issue with thew screws. It's doubly crap that your next room had an issue with the same things as well.

Overall, it sounds like we had a shocker and didn't fit the bill of what we needed to offer you for your stay.

I'm not sure if you have called yet, but if you haven't please give me a buzz at the property and we will sort it out for you. Especially the wine! I would be cranky as cranky can be if that happened to me!

Sorry again and hope we can turn it around.

Sas

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have just spent two nights and the QT and honestly could not fault a thing .The staff were all friendly and attentive and really gave you the feeling that the enjoyed their jobs. Our King Suite was lovely and had the most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in !! We ate at Bazaar the first night and it completely lives up to all the great reviews it's already earned on this site.
Stingray lunch was also excellent as was room service Pizza. A great and really relaxing experience, I will not allow anyone I know to stay anywhere else on the Gold Coast !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan M
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear SusanM,

After a couple of challenging reviews over the last week, this is exactly what we needed to lift up our spirits again.

We would love to take care of yourself and your friends and family. You sound delightful.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We really appreciate it and I can't wait to pass it on to the team.

With care,

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We just returned from 3 nights at the QT in a King Suite which was perfect for our family of 3. Our 2 yr old was most welcome and overall the hotel was kid friendly without being geared at all to children. Friendly albeit young staff most eager to please. Gorgeous views from our room which we spent a lot of time in due to 3 days of rain. Bazaar restaurant breakfast was terrific and dinner was good although not sure I'd eat there if not included. Overall loved it. Would return.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear allswag,

6 reviews and 17 helpful votes! That's a fantastic average and we are suitable chuffed that we made the grade.

So happy to have been able to please your little one as well. We have been wondering how everyone in house with littlies are doing with all this rain. We hope you get to come back again to see the sunny side of the coast. Long way from DC though!

I will pass on your nice words to the Bazaar guys. The staff and chefs really do make that an experience to remember.

We would love to see you again soon.