QT Gold Coast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$103
CrownePlaza.com
US$151
Marriott Hotels
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$352
US$227
Agoda.com
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$131
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$188
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$105
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$99
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$195
US$154
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$483
US$103
  • Pool
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$851
bedfinder
2,932 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

What a reception! Your reception staff need a shake up. I have left this review until I calmed down after our stay at Qt in January. They were the most unpleasant, unhelpful reception staff that I have ever encountered. No explanation of the services of the hotel, the location of the restaurants and opening times, not even an explanation of where the lifts were so as to get to our room! Here is your room key. Well thanks a lot. The billing at the end of our stay was completely wrong. Reception said that we had asked for newspapers , we did not,, she said well did you get them??? I said yes I did but I didn't ask for them! Two different prices were charged for breakfast. Were not told that the in room movies were not working for the duration of our stay. Not told about anything really. Very disappointing. For all the lovely renovations with staff like those at reception you may as well paint the hotel black.

Room Tip: check under the bed,,, I bet you find a lot of debris from months of previous guests like we did when we left.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank FrancesinSydney
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear StanSydney,

You are absolutely right about the staff making the hotel. We are only as good as the service we offer, and I have seen a few disappointing remarks on here about reception.

We are going to sit down and do a full evaluation of this next week, and get to the bottom of it. For the most part we do, to be fair to them, get great reviews on their service (both on sites like this and internally) however I know that this is a real issue, and we need to get it right!

I really hope you try us again, as the hotel really is beautiful! I'll also get housekeeping to do a sweep under the beds to make sure nothing has been left uncovered.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

On a recent business trip to the Gold Coast, I stayed at the QT Gold Coast. Apart from the rather odd advertising on their website and larger-than-life pictures in the elevators of scantily clad girls, it was an excellent hotel. The room was spacious, the bed incredibly comfortable, big TV, well designed bathroom (although the black and white tiles are a bit of a shock), and a Nespresso machine in the room - I usually eschew the coffee in hotel rooms, but this was a fantastic bonus and resolved all my needs for proper coffee. Added to this was the great view I had and one of the best hotel breakfasts I've seen in a long time. It might not have the fantastic oasis pool that the next-door hotel has, and that I could admire from my window, but I thoroughly enjoyed the few hours I spent in the hotel. But what an appalling destination the Gold Coast is - all the intent of Las Vegas, with none of the glitz that makes that destination such a hoot, and not a whisper of the truly beautiful hinterland beyond. If you have to go there, I would recommend the QT as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Judy S
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Stanthepud,

Sounds like it was a bit of an amusement park for you here at QT! We are delighted that you loved the breakfast and the rooms. The ladyclad mirrors in the lifts are truly statement pieces aren't they! Everytime I see one I think 'that's a whole lotta woman'.

Oh our darling Gold Coast - she is a glitzy little minx. Delighting some, and creeping out others. We also love the hinterland, and our new IPad concierge application has some great trip planners on there including the hinterland and surrounds for those who want to explore the region.

I agree with you on our neighbours pool. That thing looks like it's straight off the set of 'Survivor'. All it needs is a couple of tikki torches and some well-built, bikini clad bods (hold on a second, they are already there!).

We would love to take care of you again,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Me and my girlfriend checked in on Saturday 17 March 2012 and it took all but 5 minutes. The lobby was fantastic and you can definitly feel the retro-ness of the hotel. We parked in the underground car park and went straight up to the room. We had booked the King Suite and it was amazing. 2 bathrooms, balcony, seperate shower and japanese deep bath, 2 tv's and aircon. We were even offered complimentary lemonade. The only thing that was a bit unfortunate was that the kitchen area had no amenities to cook food but that is to be expected from a Hotel. There was free cups of tea but it cost $1.50 to use the coffee pod machine in the room. We ate dinner at Bazaar that night and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RESERVATION! It gets incredibly busy on weekend nights and once you start eating you can see why. The food was incredible and the range of food was remarkable.

Room service was very fast and incredible tasty!

We also used SpaQ and it was amazing and the girls were excellent!

Breakfast at Bazaars is possible even great then dinner, but I'm a breakfast kinda guy :) All you can eat buffet of hot breakfast (Best scrambled eggs I have ever eaten), European pastry station, fresh fruit, cereals, smoothies and juices and coffee/tea.

All in all I will definitly be back and I encourage you all to try. QT has easily moved into my top Gold Coast accomodation spot!

Room Tip: Higher floors and go the King Suite if you can.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sean S,

Well, what a review! I take my hat off to all the departments in the hotel. You really took to the QT experience with gusto, and sounds like we made good on all our promises! YES!!!!

I love the QT King Suites - they are just beautiful. When I'm taking guests through to look at the property, I often remember my first apartment in Sydney (which was about half the size of a QT King Suite) and think that I probably would have fainted if I walked into one of these when I was that age!

spaQ is, without fail, one of the best spa experiences I have had anywhere in the world (don't get me wrong, there's nothing better than having a little Balinese lady walk up and down your spine while you sip on a martini at 9am), but if it's the luxurious treatment you are after, with all the bells and whistles of a five star spa experience, then spaQ is perfect.

Sorry about the cooking facilities. You're right about these not usually being present in a hotel environement. Looks like it propelled you into the restaurant though, so that's a great thing. I'm a brekky girl too, and the chocolate croissants made fresh each day are heaven on a plate.

We heart you, and please come back to us soonest.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend and loved it. We tried the king suite and I have no complaints at all. It's funky, trendy, cool and the staff fit that description as well, right down to their uniforms. An awesome place to stay and I'll definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Victa001
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Victa001,

Oh you loved us! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We have worked out little tushies off to get the hotel into top working gear, and it's all for you!

Please come back soonest,

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I grew up on the Gold Coast so remember this when it was GCI. Wow what a change.
Rooms are really comfortable with everything you need.
We stayed here for the weekend while visiting the GC for my high school reunion.
Love the styling it looks great. The retro - beach theme was carried throughout the refurb so well. Loved the uniforms. Staff
excellent, service amazing,
Take off a few points for location as Surfers Paradise is looking so tacky and tired.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear WendyDavis,

Sounds like we hit a winner with you guys! It's great to be able to pass on such wonderful feedback to the team, and we are so happy that the style of the property is translating so well with our beautiful guests.

We would love to see you again as soon as possible.