Loved the funky modern decor and the unusual staff uniforms. The teppanyaki in the Japanese restaurant (Yamagen) was top class; the bar (Stingray) was funky and the waitress's orange dresses were very 'Gold Coast'. The buffet breakfast was nice (although I found it very odd there was no muesli). Check in was pleasant and efficient, and the room was clean and quiet, so generally pretty good overall - except for housekeeping and the concierge I'm afraid. Housekeeping removed the facewasher after the first day and didn't replace it- nor were the shampoo and conditioner supplies replenished. It took us 2 days to realise that the circular desk with the casually-dressed people behind it were the concierge staff. Then when we asked for help they had very little to offer, frankly. They had no brochures on local attractions and nothing much to offer in the way of the suggestions. The suggestion of a show might have been attractive to someone half our age but not us (professionals in our early 50s). They also seemed to have little idea where we might find a good restaurant for dinner. They were very pleasant and friendly, but very young and seemed to have few of the skills which I would see as required for a concierge. The ipads (which are presumably meant to be a groovy modern substitute for old-fashioned brochures) were mostly inoperative when we were there (due to flat batteries)- so a good idea which they couldn't quite pull off (perhaps the concierge staff could have kept an eye on this and re-charged them!). Then when we got held up and had to ask for our luggage to be put in a cab to meet us at the airport, I was told I absolutely had to make arrangements with the cab company direct and pay up front, which turned out not to be correct. Everything came together in the end- but that was thanks to the cab company- not to any assistance from the concierge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an enviable location easy walking distance to the beach, Cavill Avenue shopping and the entertainment district, QT Gold Coast blends first class service with inspired facilities. Formerly the Gold Coast International Hotel, QT Gold Coast is a designer hotel haven unlike anything Surfer’s Paradise has seen before. Relax in our revamped pool area, energise on one of two newly re-topped tennis courts or indulge in the all new market place style Bazaar restaurant after sipping a coastal cocktail creation from Stingray Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your QT Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qt Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Gold Coast International
- Gold Coast International Surfers Paradise
- QT Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia