“fun place”
Review of QT Gold Coast

QT Gold Coast
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We ended up here via a cheap hotel room site, so were not sure what to expect. What a funky fun place. Right from the girl at the door, so helpful, all of the staff were friendly & courteous, even to us twice the age of most of the customers. The rooms are bright, 60's inspired, the bed was huge & so comfortable, Bathroom was also big and the products best I have used, fluffy towels worth a mention too. its is just out of central Surfers , but quieter and easy to walk to the mall . we will defiantly be back.

Room Tip: an ocean view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear handbagtraveller,

An amazing 5 star review from a Top Contributor! What a great day we are having on here.

You must have been very pleasantly surprised to get us through a deal site! Quite a little gift :) I am delighted that you loved your stay and that we delivered on our service promise.

We hope you choose to book with us next time you come to town instead of taking the punt! Please let the hotel know that I sent you so we pimp your ride even more so than what is usual.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We traveled as a couple to the Gold Coast in March 2013 and loved our stay at the QT!
From the moment we stepped out of the car in the driveway we received prompt, friendly and helpful service from all staff we came across.
Our room (King suite ocean view) was beautiful, very clean and tidy with great views and on the 13th floor we were high enough to escape the traffic noise.
The bed was AMAZING, made it really hard to come home to our saggy old mattress!
Best sleep I've had in ages.
The Stingray bar downstairs was excellent, delicious food, great service and a nice chilled out vibe in the afternoons.
I drank at least 3 litres of complimentary iced tea and lemonade in the lobby.
The funky and quirky decor just adds to the overall vibe of the hotel.
Probably the only complaint we had was that the room did not have tea and coffee making facilities, there was a well stocked mini bar and a pod espresso machine however this was not complimentary coffee. There was no kettle in the room to boil water either.
But as we were only staying for two nights it was really not a huge drama.
If I were staying longer however I would protest at having to pay $3.50 every morning for a cup of tea at the cafe downstairs (although it is lovely tea).

Would absolutely stay here again in the future and would highly recommend it to other couples, maybe not as suitable for families.

Room Tip: At the moment there is significant road works going on throughout Surfers so anywhere you stay in Su...
1  Thank erininwonderland

Hey erininwonderland,

Such a lovely review. Thank you so much! It is so great to see such vibrant and passionate reviews on here from people who have really loved the hotel. I think it really mirrors what we are trying to say with our property. Be happy! Have fun! Be a bit silly!

I bet you were as fun as fun can get while you were in house with us and I hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wonderful hotel, one of the best places I have ever stayed. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating (apart from the Stingray bar - the girls there need to smile!!). The breakfast and dinner buffet is without a doubt the best buffet I have ever seen. Do not eat lunch or you'll never make it through dinner!

The rooms are beautiful and clean with plenty of amenities. Only negative is that the bathroom is very small and it's hard to manoeuvre around comfortably. Also I had no remote control or DND sign in my room but staff were very quick to provide once I called them.

Pity there was construction going on outside from 8am on a Saturday morning as it vibrated through the whole hotel and ear plugs didn't work!! No fault of the hotel, just lots of work going on in Surfer's right now.

Spa is a MUST! Reasonably priced and beautiful place. Loved it!!

Finally, watch your bill when checking out, I was charged extra breakfasts and dinner even though it was included in my package. They were removed without question though, reception staff were wonderful!

Definitely will return, for much longer next time. A weekend wasn't long enough!! Amazing hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Hi EuroChik,

You have an awesome smile and with that lovely blonde hair you would have fit right in with our little blonde beach bunnies on the coast!

Thank you for a really lovely review. You review is even handed and kind with a lot of enthusiasm when it comes to the staff and the spa with I agree - all are amazing!

I hope you try us out again when you next make the trip down the coast. You look fun :)

Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is an amazing hotel, so chic and retro and it has so many elements to offer guests.
From the foyer to your room and most of all, the restaurant, Bazaar and bar, Stinray. The classy and edgy decor and guest facilities makes this hotel stand out from the rest.
I have been in the hospitality game for many years and its so refreshing to see something different and reasonably priced.
Well done and congrats to the staff! I highly recommend QT Gold Coast.
Its a shame about Surfers Paradise and the roadworks and diggers in the way!

Room Tip: Ocean View Room adds to the experience!

Hi Lillychels,

Fun! A first time reviewer! There is nothing more cool than knowing that you motivated someone to get online and share their stay (especially when the review is this awesome!).

Yes - such a bummer about the roadworks. It's the light rail going in ou see, and once it's there it really will be an awesome thing for travellers on the coast so we are grinning and bearing it at the moment.

Hope to see you again soonest.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

From check in to leaving this was a great experience. Love the lemonade and iced tea in the foyer, the uniforms etc. but, all this wont matter if the rooms are hideous. They are great. (Uniforms might be an OH&S problem waiting to happen.)

Great restaurants, don't miss breakfast.......
The theme continues in your room, fantastic comfy bed, Nespresso machine, balcony and great bathroom. Everything you could want. Great room service menu, reasonable prices. I would stay here again without doubt.
Only had a function dinner, but it was excellent. Just watch out as everything is charged, the coffee pods and delicious teas are not free. I couldn't find free tea etc.

Room Tip: Not sure, but an ocean view might be possible. But the rooms are so nice it may not be an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Hi Tatung01,

YES!!!! Sorry for yelling at you but another 5 star review from a Senior Contributor. This is blowing my mind! We hope that we are delivering the best of the best, but it really hits home on here when people like you take the time to let us know that you really loved your stay.

Lol on the uniforms. I'm hearing you ;).

Thanks for the pointers about the tea and coffee for fellow travellers. It would really suck t be stung with a charge that you didn't know about while away. It's all there on the menus for the mini bar but I can imagine that people may miss that, especially if they have had a big night at Stingray the night before!

Hope to see you again soonest.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Well done to the QT in Surfers, you saved our holiday!
After having the misfortune of staying at the Coolamon Apartments, and leaving 2 nights early due to the excessively rude Manager and the place being so dirty, we found the QT - what a relief.
Explained our predicament to the staff on Front Desk, and she quickly gave us a very good rate and let us view the room before committing.
The place is very clean and tidy, has brilliant, attentive staff, who are friendly and are only to willing to help with any questions we had.
The Stingray bar was great, and although we didn't eat at the restaurant, we had a look and kicked ourselves for not trying it - definitely will next time!

Room Tip: We had a room looking towards the mountains, so cannot comment on any others. Ours was great, with n...
2  Thank Peter C

Hi Peter C,

Oh no! Boo to the mean (I assume) man. There is nothing worse than a grumpy bum when you are trying to have a blast on the coast!

Thanks for letting ups know that we gave you the right launch pad for a successful holiday. we really appreciate you letting us know. Oh god, how hideous would it have been coming all the way from Wellington to have a shocker of a place to stay on your holiday.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

QT certainly lived up to my expectations. I read the great reviews on Tripadvisor and had a good look at their website before I decided to book the "2 night special" with breakfast for 2 and dinner 1 night at Bazzar which was great value for money! I don't know where to start as we loved everything about this place - the amazing decor and attention to detail, the retro yet current contemporary feel, the beachy theme. The homemade lemonade stand and treats on display at Fixx cafe were a great touch. I loved the vibe at Stingray and the great casual menu. The staff were all very helpful friendly and looked great in there uniforms. Bazzar was amazing and definately the best buffet I've ever had! The place was vast yet the attention to detail in all of the common areas, restaurants, day spa, cafe, lobby, lifts & the rooms never ceased to amaze me.The other thing which I noticed was how I felt at home after returning from a day out. We ended up staying an extra 2 days we loved it so much!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra T

Hi Sandra T,

We love the Two night stand package! That's an absolute favourite amongst our staff members too when they are looking to getaway from QT Sydney or QT Port Douglas. Such great value!

Oh another beautiful review about the staff. It is such a happy place! Andrew, our General Manager, is one of the happiest men alive so it really filters down through the staff.

We would love to take care of you again.