“QT staff are amazing. For the first time I cannot make any complaints about service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of QT Gold Coast

QT Gold Coast
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I purchased a 5 day package with lastminute that included breakfast every morning and it was well worth it.

The Bazaar Restaurant was excellent for breakfast and it removed the stress of figuring out breakfast every morning. The Breakfast selection included everything you can think of including basic cereal (with almost every type of milk on offer), to bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, porridge and custom omelettes. The juice bar was absolutely amazing as well, coffee and tea were also on offer.

QT staff were amazing and for the first time I cannot make any complaints about service. Our room was not reading upon arriving at the hotel, the staff however made us very comfortable with complementary "welcome" to the hotel lemonade and an area to relax. Staff also provided immediate parking for only $8/day.

Please also consider booking a session at the QT Spa. The level of service and quality is exceptional and after a day of roller coasters a 30 minute massage with Emily from the QT Spa was relaxing and rejuvenating.

The only two issues were the noise levels at night due to schoolies celebrations and the water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is my first review, I wouldn't normally have the time to write one, but thought it would be best to share my thoughts, in order to help the next person decide on whether or not this place would be appropriate for you.
I stayed here Nov 15 - 17 2013 with my husband and our 20 month old daughter. The hotel is very quirky, stylish and very unique. Such a nice experience from your normal 4-5 star hotels, however in saying that, I wouldn't rate this hotel as a 5 star, perhaps in my opinion a 4. We stayed in king suite (1 bedroom apartment) It was very nice, and we had a great view of the beach. The facilities and amenities inside the suite were excellent, with a couple minor downfalls (not that it bothered us) They don't have complimentary coffee like other 4-5 star hotels, they did have a nespresso machine but coffee pods were $1.50 each. They did however have complimentary tea, again these are just minor downfalls. The bed.......Okay I had read prior to staying at this hotel that the beds were too soft, I LOVE soft beds, but I have to agree, probably too soft for my liking as I felt like I was sinking a little into the mattress. Other than that, the room and its condition and quirkiness made it an excellent room to stay in.
The Bazzar restaurant......the decor of this restaurant is amazing, so European, and gives it that organic, fresh food market feel with elegance. Dinner is buffet style with so many quality options to choose from. I think anyone who would dine here would be very impressed. We also had breakfast at the same restaurant every morning, the food is what you would normally get at any other hotel or resort (the usual continental, hot food, fruit, and sweets) and plenty of it. Other than the Bazzar restaurant they do have a Japanese restaurant as well but we didn't end up dining here as we had hoped, due to other plans. They also have the stingray bar, which seemed like the popular place to be from what we saw.
The hotel itself has a few great chilling out areas to relax, read a book or newspaper, it has it's own cafe. the pool is a reasonable size with a Jacuzzi and kids pool, it has a small gym on level 2 with very old equipment, and also a nice little day spa. I think overall it was a pleasant stay, and we enjoyed our stay very much, however on a personal note, don't think this hotel is ideal for kids (meaning not many activities offered for them to stay entertained) didn't mind us at all as our daughter is only 2 but if she had been 5 yrs or older she may have felt bored other than swimming in the pool. Oh and the other issue we had was, every time we used our phone in the suite to call reception and concierge the phone was either busy or you were put on hold for such a long time, we gave up waiting that we just ended up going to reception ourselves, every time we went there neither reception or the concierge were highly busy. But that is the only negative I can give. The question is would I stay there again? The answer yes, however given that surfers paradise is only good for singles or couples with no kids, My next visit back would be to do only the theme parks when my daughter is older ....and given that....I would have to stay at a more family orientated hotel or resort.

Room Tip: We went for a king suite room (1 bedroom apartment) nice room and great for a family of 3 or 4
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CryBon0312
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed in QT for 1 week during my Australia Visit. It was situated very near to Surfers Paradise beach. And also V8 Super car race track is also walk able distance. I have Enjoyed the CAR Race in the weekend. Every morning also i used to get the benefit of sea view from my Balcony. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on Beach side are quite Good..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear gorgeous QT Gold Coast guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

Sas
QT
Tauranga, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We weren't, staying at hotel but decided to come in very early evening on a week night as we had heard about all the changes. There was a group of 8 of us with a child. We're told to take a seat and some one would be across to serve us soon
After 15 minutes I stood up and body language should have been clear to staff who weren't very busy that Some thing was wrong
Then after another 5 minutes I approached one of staff who had walked by and asked if I could see manager and asked me why
So she was told she obviously took offence at my direct approach and then came to serve us, the balance of group weren't, t aware of my conversation and after she has taken our order a few in group asked what was her problem
Service after this was chilly but did improve
Food drinks all ok but the coast has plenty of choices and we won,t , bother coming back here again
This should have been handled by a senior staff member
You have lost 7 adult clients through very poor service

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steve W
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I only stayed for a single night on a flying business trip, drawn by the reviews in TA. I was curious to see how the refreshed Gold Coast International had managed to achieve TA's no.2 spot. There's not a lot of competition in Surfers at the high end, so it's pleasing to see someone making an effort to offer a quality experience without the high prices of the new Hilton, Q1, etc. I have to confess I was sceptical as to how a 4-star hotel whose website screams retro-cool on every page could also deliver more traditional good service and not be over-the-top, but the designers of the GCI refresh really have delivered in most areas, and service levels appear to be high, based on the minimal contact I had with staff. The beach-house vibe in the lobby and public areas is very well done, with lots of playful touches. This extends to the rooms as well, where the designers have done their best within the confines of the existing room geometry, with their small bathrooms, immovable walls, and strange balconies. Some are not as successful as others, but overall, they do succeed in putting you in a good mood and bringing a smile to your face.
A few minor items didn't please: such as having to get down on the floor to plug in chargers, laptops, etc, since there are no desk-level power-points. The chairs in the room are uncomfortable plastic jobs which suit the decor, but little else. The mini-bar included some re-packaged items with zero nutritional information printed on them. (Some of us need to know if the nuts are salted or not, and so on.) And the only breakfast option on-site, apart from room service, was a $32 buffet, which means a bit of a walk or drive to find a lighter option at a reasonable price. (The room service menu for breakfast was strangely unappealing with mostly standard old-fashioned Aussie motel items.)
The most jarring note was a printed card on the desk giving prices for just about everything in the room. Of course we all know this is their diplomatic way of saying "don't even think of taking these items from the room when you leave", but when they also list tea-spoons at $5 each, it becomes difficult to not be a little insulted.
As with most Australian hotels, parking and internet connectivity cost extra, though at $8 and $18 per day respectively, these are at the lower end of the fees I've been charged over the years. Internet connectivity was very good, although I did use the wired connection, rather than wifi. On the whole, the experience was pleasant. In the unlikely event I'd find myself in Surfers on holidays, I'd give strong consideration to returning here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AntonyG
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had a fantastic weekend away at the QT! From the minute we arrived to when we left the staff could not do enough to make sure you were having a great time. We're serious the cleaning lady was our best friend by the time we left. as was the guy behind the bar ( great cocktails) special lunch menus a well kept secret.
Oh and if you like Japanese food try the restaurant in the lobby, dined in twice, eating at the sushi bar on the second nights, just asked the sushi master to bring us what he though we would like, not expensive, but soooo good.
This place is the only reason I would go back to surfers.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

there was plastic with my toast and it got into my mouth.Overall a good experience.Stingray was great.Bazaar was very good for dinner.Yamagen was a bit pricey though.The rooms were comfortable and the view was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends