QT Gold Coast
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$105
US$87
  • Restaurant
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$342
US$223
Agoda.com
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$97
  • Restaurant
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$135
US$122
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$119
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$196
US$181
2,951 results
All reviewsstingray barbazaar restaurantfunky hotelswim up barhomemade lemonadestaff uniformsfun hotelking suitenespresso machinemini barroom servicelittle touchesbreakfast and dinnergold coastocean viewlate checkcavill ave
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as a weekend getaway. Very helpful staff with cool attire. The hotel and room was very clean and cosy. The king size bed was very comfortable and the robes were great. Couple of minor IT issues with the electronic card, not opening the room door or boom gate from garage, but staff quickly resolved. We stayed on a Saturday night and the bar near the lobby was extremely loud. Luckily we stayed on a higher level (10th) and when we got to our room we could not hear anything. I assume lower level rooms would be affected by this. Overall great stay and I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AusTraveller_881
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed for 3 nights last year at QT in Sydney and so was looking forward to spending a weekend on the Gold Coast when I heard that QT had opened up a hotel in Surfers. Sadly the two hotels cannot be compared for quality or attention to detail. The hotel in Sydney is significantly better in all aspects - the decore, the style and the little touches added to make it an outstanding and hip hotel. I would recommend that anyone I knew stayed at QT in Sydney - the Gold Coast version offers nowhere near the unique experience . I thought the foyer was very groovy and liked the free fresh lemonade and iced tea but there were a few issues that I found irritating and think that the hotel will need to consider a better approach if they want to stand out in a competitive market. The location is not outstanding, although the views from the ocean view rooms on higher levels is good ... but obviously the location cannot be changed. I found it irritating that the hotel charged patrons for parking - I know some other hotels also do this but for the $8 it costs it would be better for the hotel to forgo that cost...it just looks cheap and penny pinching. I also was unhappy to be charged for coffee pods - also only $1.50 but it just felt a little pathetic. My husband and I ate at Stingray, the Japanese restaurant at the hotel - which was outstanding and were annoyed that when we passed by the hotel bar after we left the restaurant and went to enter for a nightcap at about 9pm we were told that he would not be able to enter as he was wearing shorts... we had been drinking in that bar 2 hours earlier. The shorts wear dress shorts, he was wearing a collared shirt and he was wearing deck shoes. He was told he would have to go up to his room and change his trousers .. very irritating as we were guests and had been in there earlier in exactly the same clothes. The window and sliding glass door were very dirty - something Id really never seen before in a hotel of this quality. While the hotel gets the ocean salt it is important that as the view is the first thing you see as you enter the room that it be of a clean window - this really has to be cleaned daily in this sort of position. I thought the room decor was fresh and beachy - the bath robes were cool and the thongs in bags were a nice touch. The reception staff are very attentive and coincidentally very attractive although I did think the very lowcut dresses on the female bar staff felt a little inappropriate as a uniform for a family hotel. All in all while I would return to QT in Sydney in a heartbeat, I'm not sure I would stay at QT on the Gold Coast again - not when there are other outstanding hotels at better prices, in better locations.

Room Tip: ocean view ... the higher up the better
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kristil
Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a wonderful surprise this hotel is. They have looked at all the other hotels and worked out how to make it different and better.
Love the decor, its just quirky and you know you are in for something special.
The staff at the Stingray bar were great, very welcoming and made us want to stay for another round of drinks.
The use of hire bikes - amazing. We were able to bike off, find a cafe for breakfast and return in time to check out.
Love this place. We will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for a conference, great vibe, service was excellent, staff were great except for most of the guys behind the bar. They were incredibly slow, always trying to work out the till and with very little sense of urgency. Also what is with closing the bar early when there are hundreds of delegates staying onsite. The money was burning a hole in our pockets, we wanted to drink and network.
Good location, good facilities, just need a little training in that bar area please.

Room Tip: Even the Hinterland Views have ocean views, I was on the 21 floor and the room was great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for nye. I booked this hotel well before nye as I was overly excited from the reviews and the look of the hotel. Qt is phenomenal.
Upon arrival we parked on the street. We walked up and a staff member was sweeping the driveway, he greeted us and offered help. I thought this was a nice touch.
We dropped our bags at concierge as we were early. Without hesitation the boys grabbed them and assured they would be in our rooms. Front desk promised to call when the room was ready.
I fell in love with the swim up bar and the spa. I loved the nespresso in our room. Loved the room service. Spick and span.
Nye we ate in Bazaar. Best buffet I had. So much to choose from. Loved the Moet glass :)
The staff are wonderful. Trying to go above and beyond. Especially when we requested milk for our own cereal. Always happy to help.
One upset was Qtspa canceling due to lack of clients. I understand when business demands. But Qt staff left a surprise goodie bag from Qtspa to compensate for the cancelation. That was fantastic and rectified it for me.
Although I was deathly sick for our vacation, I always looked forward to going back to the very very comfy king bed.
Qt was unforgettable. You guys are brilliant.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple