“Great stay at QT! Have already rebooked!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of QT Gold Coast

QT Gold Coast
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Townsville
“Great stay at QT! Have already rebooked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the QT Gold Coast for two nights in December with my partner and two children. We stayed in a King Suite with an ocean view. We were really happy with everything the hotel had to offer. A wonderful lobby (with refreshing drinks upon arrival), stylish, colourful and just a little bit quirky. Very surf dude chic! Check in was easy and the reception staff were really friendly. Upon entering our room we were really happy. Great size, sofa bed made up for the kids and turned down of an evening. Second toilet (meaning they didn't have to come through our room at night to use ours). Lovely décor and a simply amazing view. Such a close walk to the beach too! We had a package that included breakfast for us all and a dinner one night in the hotels Bazaar restaurant. I must confess to being a little sceptical about a buffet - however this was perhaps the most outstanding buffet I have ever encountered. We had a wonderful dinner and were really happy with the standard of the food. Breakfast too was great - the kids loved the little juices in bottles and the chocolate milk (and donuts)!!! We also at lunch at the Stingray bar (yummy cocktails) the day we left and this was really tasty - I am looking forward to eating there again! Overall a brilliant stay - adults and kids alike were very happy..... Staff wonderful, room great (and clean), great food and drinks available and the spa was excellent! Just a short cab ride from theme parks (I believe there is a bus you can catch too)..... I'm very much looking forward to our next stay. Room and spa treatments already booked! Thanks QT!!!

Room Tip: The king suites are very spacious! Views are amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear gorgeous QT Gold Coast guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

Sas
QT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cronulla, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited for a weekend getaway from Sydney. Upon entering the hotel, it's pretty impressive and the staff are very attentive and pleasant from the get go. Check in was the easiest check in I've ever had at a hotel.

We were treated with a bottle of champagne and chocolate which was a nice little touch, as they knew we were celebrating this weekend. The room was nice and clean but a little lackluster for a 5 star. No table or anything on the balcony and the room seemed slightly bare.

Other than that, we had an amazing view from the 21st floor and the bed is like a giant cloud.

The pool is a great area, nice lounge chairs and a nice environment.

And last but not least, the breakfast. Hands down the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. I'd go back just for the breakfast.

All in all a pleasant stay. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Southport, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I really like Q hotels for their design and service. Good location, close to the beach. Brilliant service, attention to details and decor. I really enjoyed a massage at Spa Q. Recommend for couples or solo travelers.

Room Tip: I have no tips.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Surfers Paradise seems to have lost its way lately but this hotel brings back some of the old magic. Though I was there for a conference I went into "relax mode" the moment the porter came out to the car to take my luggage. Both check in and check out were easy. The rooms are bright, with big comfortable beds a nice little balcony, function bathroom with a easy to use shower.. Not much bench space to store toiletries, not a problem for me but a couple may find it inconvenient.. Had dinner at Yamagen which we all found fantastic. Had lunch at Stringray Bar, very good value with friendly service. At night the bar gets busy and service can be slow. Breakfast was a fantastic buffet, perhaps the best I have had at an Australian hotel. I can't give the hotel a fill 5 stars though because of the internet charges. $9 an hour or $18 for 24 hours. This is just robbery in this day and age. It takes the shine of an otherwise great hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. Rooms are retro style with nice views.

The Stingray bar is cool but shuts at 12!! The buffet here is not your average buffet, top quality and a large selection which is well worth the money,.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Extremely happy with my choice to stay ay QT. Brilliant service. Attention to detail with the decor and all the little extra things that made my stay amazing. Can hire vintage bike from concierge for no extra charge, complimentary iced tea at reception. And who doesnt love a swim up bar. Check in took no more than 2minutes. Perfect distance from Cavill Ave. Loved the whole experience!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gold Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for a quick break as we are local and felt like a night away to celebrate the end of year. Really really wanted to love this place but what a let down. The week before our stay, my husband and a friend stopped here at the Stingray Bar for a quick drink and a bite to eat one afternoon, 4 people in the bar in total and he had to ask to be served after waiting 10 minutes. Apparently everyone was too busy to deal with customers. Mmmm, Should have known then to cancel but we were really looking forward to our night away. Rule number 1- follow your instincts. QT, like the rest of the GC, needs to stop resting on its laurels and living on past hype. Whilst the hotel is OK, the cracks are well and truly exposed and what is left is not pretty. I have worked in the hotel industry for 19 years and my husband 22 years so I would hope by now that we know a little something about hotels. We travel quite a bit and like to choose hotels based on a hotels personality and uniqueness. I'm just as happy in a 2 star hotel or a 6 star luxury hotel- as long as the hotel delivers on what it promises. With this place, I felt like I was caught up in a massive hangover. First the good points. Rooms were cute and clean. We stayed in a west facing room which ended up being a better choice as we had the sun in our room all afternoon and that was heaven. Girls on front desk were polite and friendly. Thats where the good parts of this hotel end unfortunately. We asked a girl on the concierge desk for a towel. Oh dear god, the attitude. How can you possibly be asked for a towel, walk away, get towel, and bring it back, hand over to guest, and then turn your back and in all that time not mutter a single word or have any kind of eye contact whatsoever with your guest? If the job of getting a towel is so far beneath you, then get a different job. The outdoor pool area was a shabby mess and in desperate need of a makeover. Old, tired, cracked and generally just miserable looking. Waited to be served for over 10 minutes while the bar girl made a total of 2 drinks. Another staff member that again didn't obviously want to be there or make any kind of eye contact. We asked for a drinks menu. She told us that they didn't have one? Huh?? The following day my husband went for an early morning swim (6 ish) and came back and remarked how dirty the pool area was. Come 9am, we head down to the pool again and he was right- it was filthy......Still. The whole area was full of empty takeaway coffee cups, newspapers blowing around, broken glass, chewed up bits of old pineapple etc (presumably from cocktails the previous night), dead palm fronds, dirty glassware, and horrible sticky pool furniture. The area around Yamagen was the same. Imagine actually eating there and looking out onto that. Another guest warned us about the broken smashed up glass on the ground next to the poolside. We rung and asked for it to be cleaned up. The other guest then remarked that they too had tried to ring but nothing had been done. Eventually, the Redfoo look alike came out pretty reluctantly, swept the glass up, took one look around him at the mess around the pool, put his head down and couldn't run away quick enough. We left the hotel and went for brunch, came back for a swim. This time it was now past midday and all the mess was STILL there. Where is the Duty Manager or Security or Maintenance or Public Area cleaner to deal with this?? Are you telling me that not one member of staff had walked through this area since the night before? And its now midday?? Something tells me, the promise of a glamorous job with this hotel has well and truly faded away for the staff, and the reality of working within the hospitality industry has set in. It is pretty evident that there is no pride, respect or work ethic amongst the staff there. A hotel consists of more than just pretty decorations and there are so many other really good hotels on the GC where your money would be better spent.

Room Tip: Choose a nice room.....at a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank happimumma
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Gold Coast, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear past QT Gold Coast guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,