“Sensational”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I loved this hotel!! It is centrally located and the facilities are great. It is only a hundred metres from the beach and a couple of streets down from Cavill Ave. The pool is fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful and I will definitely stay here again. I had an ocean view studio room which was really comfortable. My only criticism would be the that the volume swtich on the tv remote didn't work.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Finno41
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thanks for posting your comments regarding your time with us - I am glad that the location proved ideal and that the team provided you with such helpful service.

I look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Usually our first choice without a doubt. Impressive from street and just as impressive in Lobby, nice tidy rooms. Great location being just a fewcminutes walk to Cavill Ave Shops & Resteraunts. Not much other similar quality hotels in same location up until now. Have stayed there over 20 times over a 5 year period. There hasn't been much changes in that time period and I feel it may get worse.

However with The Hilton opening in the area I will be staying there from now on. However Legends is still a solid selection and definately ideal for a couple as opposed to a family who want something nice in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidSubritzky
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Thanks for sharing your recent stay on-line - greatly appreciate that you find our facilities and top location convenient when visiting the Gold Coast.

Given you have stayed with us regularly in recent years, I welcome you to contact me personally on vince.king@mantra.com.au if I can be of service or can provide assistance with your booking.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

My partner decided to take me to the Gold Coast for 5 nights for my 30th birthday in February 2011. We got a fantastic deal on wotif for this property. As we both have extensive experience in hospitality industry (chef and hotel receptionist) we do have certain expectaions when travelling and try to book our holidays accordingly. I felt that the Mantra Legends did not live up to the expectations of a supposedly 4 star hotel.

The positives were:
- Lovely foyer and pool area
- Helpful concierge when booking Sea World tickets
- nice pool side food and beverage service
- room was serviced by housekeeping faultlessly every day

The negatives:
- TV in room had extremely bad reception which we reported and had to wait 45 mins and 2 phone calls to have attended only to be told that "it happens a bit"
- No offer of porter to help with bags to room on arrival
- reception staff rarely smiled and qwuite frankly looked bored stiff and like they would rather be at the beach
- beds were twin zips (no big deal hotels need these for tour groups requiring more twin rooms than they would usually be running) but still not the most comfortable to sleep on.
- room was rather tired looking but that happens at any hotel when you have a large amount of in and out traffic but could definately do with a fresh coat of paint.
- And probably the biggest kicker was that at the time of booking it was noted as being a very special occasion. A follow up email was sent by my partner to see what options they had and costing to make my birthday more special. No reply. A trip to the concierge desk after arrival to see what if any room upgrade options were available (we were happy to pay extra) and florists that deliver to the hotel, recomendation for a nice romantic restaurant for dinner by my partner was fobbed off with a "too much effort" type attitude.

I know that you can't expect strangers to really "care" about special occasions but it is something that is expected in the hospitality/travel industries where you are constantly dealing with peoples special occasions. And it is YOUR job to help make those occasions special especially a concierge desk. It was clearly stated numerous times that it was a very special occasion but with no acknowledgement at all. Maybe the guests where I work are spoilt but a acknowledgement at check in or a card saying "congratulations on your wedding/anniversary/happy birthday" and a bottle of house wine/box of chocoloates are standard, porters to carry your bags and a local area knowledge and recomendations are something that is to be expected (and yes same star rating)

As a whole I didn't feel like it was a 4 star service. Instead of feeling like guests we left feeling like we were one out of many.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing both balanced and detailed feedback regarding your stay at the Hotel in February. I am pleased that there were positive elements to your stay however am disappointed and must apologise for the inconsistency in service that you received throughout your time with us.

That contact was made regarding the special occasion and that follow-up to this was not forthcoming is unacceptable as we aim to provide a high standard of service to all of our guests, particularly those celebrating a special occasion such as yourselves. I have followed this through with the team personally in an effort to highlight the importance of recognising such moments accordingly.

I do appreciate your feedback and please again accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory stay at the Hotel. I welcome you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this or if I can be of any assistance.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Hubby and I try to get away once a month if possible due to our stressful working life and hours, so decided to stay at Legends for 2 nights to relax and unwind. Rang ahead to make the booking,spa suite and must have balcony due to asthma, no problems, guaranteed they had nice spa suite with a balcony. On arrival, obtained cards for the room & made our way to the room. Unlocked door & walked into an occupied room with a young couple in there. a confronting & embarrassing situation for all. Reported the mix-up to front desk & proceeded back down to the foyer. Once there the receptionist & manager apologized for the mistake, offered a free bottle of wine(declined. Non drinkers) & another room. Made our way to the next room only to find there was no balcony which we specified is a "must". Contacted front desk again & told them we must have a balcony. They sent a porter up to relocate us again, promising the best room with the biggest balcony for the inconvenience. Porter escorted us into our third room & to his & our disbelief there was no balcony in that room. Very annoyed at this stage, we've been advised to wait there whilst a very embarrassed porter proceeded to get our fourth set of keys. 1hour 10 minutes after check-in we finally put our bags down in standard "deluxe" room with no spa & a very small balcony. We were told the spa room would be ready as early as possible the next morning.Lunchtime the next day, we rang them, ask how long till room will be ready. Room was available at 12:35, Nearly a full 24 hours of our time away was wasted by the incompetence of a major business not knowing their jobs, & there lack of understanding of a romantic holiday that began disastrously.Training would be advised. We were compensated with Free parking & late check-out.

5  Thank The2ofUs2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback following your recent stay. I can only extend my most sincere apologies for the errors experienced on check-in to the Hotel and assure you that I have followed this through directly with the appropriate department managers in order that the necessary re-training occur. The inaccuracy that you experienced is clearly unacceptable and I fully understand that this negatively impacted what was to be a romantic weekend away.

Please again accept my apologies and feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss further or if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Perfect location in the gold coast. Loved the helpful staff the seafood dinner offer and the access to the pool and the gym. Great stay close to all restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your feedback on-line - great that you enjoyed our Seafood Buffet in Fables Restaurant and that the service the team provided was helpful.

I hope to welcome you back when you next visit the Gold Coast.

General Manager'

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Mantra is in a good spot, rooms look a bit outdated though.
good to stay for the night or two as its convenient and central to everything.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Thanks for your kind words - glad the central location proved to be convenient for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

My partner and I stayed there on an Annual Trip to the coast we do with friends and were really disappointed in the state of our room. We had a low level room with a large patio but when we entered the room we found a dirty towel hanging on the back of the door to the bathroom, sugar sachets all over the floor of the room, cigarette butts all over the patio and seemed to an infestation of small snails. To add to this at breakfast there was food in the fork at my place setting. The staff on check out did not even ask how our stay was. I have travelled all over the world as a flight attendant for a well known middle eastern airline and have stayed in many of hotels and I have never been so disappointed in any hotel. I have stayed in some interesting hotels which I thought had a poor standard but Manta Legends have taken the cake.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for posting your feedback following your stay. I regret the shortcomings that you experienced during your time with us and I am grateful to have had the opportunity of being in contact with you following your stay.

I have reviewed the feedback that you have provided with my Housekeeping Manager as the standard of room cleanliness was not to standard. Please again accept my most sincere apologies in this regard.

Thanks again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of service.