We stayed for 2 nights for our anniversary with a wonderful deal with Wotif. For the price we paid, we had great value for money. However, for the "normal" price it is quite average in what is provided. We were on the 18th floor and so had excellent views but these were essentially the canals and the ferris wheel rather than the ocean which was obscured by large buildings in front of our window. The lifts were amazingly modern and we liked the keyless entry to our room - just held up the card to the panel. We were upgraded to a "deluxe" room which, it appears just meant that we had a dishwasher, microwave and a very small number of kitchenware - just 2 cups, 2 glasses, 2 plates etc etc. The bed was good - kingsize. The TV was flat screen which was great except that it did not show the digital channels commonly available on the Gold Coast. As we wished to see the Australian Open tennis, we actually drove to our home to watch it as it was not available on the stations provided at the time we wished to view it. This was very disappointing. The bathroom was clean but rather small and there were minimal products provided - 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner etc. As the room is only serviced once per week, if you wish to get clean towels or more products, you need to call Reception. We did this on our 2nd morning and were assured that we could get them. However, they never arrived!! My husband went to Recption himself and got 2 beach" towles, some shampoo but couldn't get Conditioner. This is not really good enough for a hotel which claims to be of the calibre of Mantra. I ended up using my own Conditioner which I had brought from home. I would have been very disappointed had I been an overseas or interstate guest relying on the service of the hotel. On the plus side, the breakfast were superb and both mornings we were greeted by a charming gentlemen (I think his name was Vince). He was so friendly which was more than could be said for the employees in the restaurant who were polite but quite distant and cool. The location of Legends is very good - central to the main part of Surfers and close to the beach. However, this whole area and, indeed, Legends is showing it age. At "normal" rates, I would say that a traveller could do much better in one of the comparable hotels in Surfers or Broadbeach, the latter being a much nicer area but with less attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Legends rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. Maintenance Notice: As part of ongoing improvements, Mantra Legends will undergo exterior repainting of the building from 13 March until 4 August 2017. The works will involve pressure cleaning and remedial work to the building’s exterior prior to re-painting. Work will be carried out from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, no works will be undertaken on the weekends. Mantra Legends Hotel management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia