“Good Venue for a Workshop or a short Break!”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane
“Good Venue for a Workshop or a short Break!”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I only had one night and was attending a workshop with a small group. The Hotel was very comfortable and the rooms were very good and comfortable and well equipped as apartment type rooms. Great views to the surf only a short walk away. The conference facilities were very good and well serviced.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aquarianmark
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Hi Aquarianmark

Thanks for your post - glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the Hotel convenient for the work shop that you attended.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel at some point in the future.

Kind regards

Vince King
Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I had a night away at Mantra Legends, Surfers Paradise a couple of weeks ago. We were looking forward to our brief getaway as we tend to stay at Mantra hotels because of their cleanliness and good facilities. We were very disappointed with this Mantra Hotel. When we opened the door we were immediately met with dirty looking carpets and cushions (this is not shown well in the photo).We soon realised that the room had not been cleaned properly; cake crumbs on the carpet (photo), poo marks in the toilet. The toilet seat was not attached properly (had to readjust it so you didn't miss!) and there was mold growing on the ceilings in the room and bathroom. There were other people's hairs in the shower. The buffet breakfast was okay. The reception staff were friendly. I wouldn't go there again nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Studio rooms barely have a balcony. Get something bigger if you plan to use a balcony and ask which...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Nicole S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on-line although I naturally regret that your time with us fell short of the mark.

Whilst I am glad that the Reception team provided friendly service, the standard of cleanliness of your room was clearly unacceptable and please do accept my most sincere apologies. I have followed through with our team in Housekeeping and Front Office accordingly.

Whilst you have indicated you are unlikely to return, please do not hesitate to contact me on vince.king@mantra.com.au if I can be of service or should you wish to discuss further.

Kind regards

Vince King
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We have had a terrible experience here, everyday we see 2-3 live and occaisionally dead roaches. The opinion over here is "no- one else has complained" and we have been unable to be moved to another room or to get a refund on our unused days if we were to leave. Having a 15 month old daughter, (who puts everything in her mouth!!) our experience is that on waking and returning from time away from our room we have to check for roaches before letting our daughter run free in the room. This has been the worst hotel we've stayed in over all our travels!

1 Thank Originalkylie
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of march. When we called to book, we asked for the spa suite. It was suggested that we didn't stay in that room, but the delux hotel room instead, as they were much nicer and had recently been refurbished. When we arrived at mantra legends we were in a room the size of a shoe box that looked like it had been refurbished nearly 10 years ago. The bathroom was so tiny that when my partner tried to enter with me already inside, I had to take a step back so I didn't get hit with the door and then I was practically sitting in the sink.. Real hygienic! There wasn't a couch or anywhere comfortable to relax. Our king size bed was a king zip.. Which I have no problem with.. When they are the same beds.. My partner was about an inch higher up than me, so if I turned over I'd bang my leg into the side of his mattress.. The pillows are without doubt the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever come across.. They were so bad I ended up using one of the decorative pillows instead and one of them had a huge stain on it. The room must have water damage or something because in several areas the wood was swollen and splintery. The breakfast is quite expensive and not really worth it as it wasn't that great.. There was a very friendly woman working in the restaurant who was more than happy to have a chat and had some great suggestions for us. I don't think we will return.. We certainly didn't find our mantra!!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This hotel is great, we stayed on level 21 over looking the ocean, had amazing views, the room was clean, with mini fridge, microwave, stovetop, couch, flat screen TV and amazing big corner spa bath. Staff were friendly in helping us with what ever queries we had. The buffet breakfast was good, though it would be great if they could mix it up every couple of days as you get sick up the food served quiet quickly. But overall great place to stay will definetly stay here again.

Brisbane
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The location is wonderful, short stroll to the beach and the Mall and lots of eateries close by. Our check in was less than impressive with the room not ready even though we booked in after the given time and when we got in it had a very strong bleach smell about it. We had a one bedroom apartment which consisted of a studio room and an adjoining lounge, the door wasn't unlocked when we check in and it took us 2 calls to reception to get it opened and then once we got it opened the doorstops didn't work so we had to chock it open in another manner. We had issues with the TV which wasn't fixed until the 2nd day of our holiday and only because we rang reception again.

Room Tip: Ask for an easterly room if you want a sea view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Koleenos
NSW Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed at Mantra Legends for a two night weekend with my partner and found the hotel well situated in Surfers Paradise. We booked on Wotif and got a special room rate which included was a nice buffet breakfast. We ate dinner at the buffet and received a "two for one" voucher as part of our package which was good value. I would not have liked to have paid full price as this buffet would be more expensive than some of the others available locally. Overall the hotel is pleasant and the swimming pool is nice. It is a short walk to the beach. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple