“clean and tidy..”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Pauatahanui, New Zealand
“clean and tidy..”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

All the basics in the hotel are good. Clean and Tidy, nice bed, helpful staff. Its close to the main strip of Surfers. Parking is easy under the hotel. Its just a pity its in surfers, which used to be awesome, but now is a concrete jungle. I was there for work.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mrpackethead
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Hi mrpackethead

Thanks for your post and I am glad that you found the Hotel clean, comfortable and that you received good service from the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Korean first
Hobart
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights over Easter 2012. The check-in was quick, the staff very accommodating, the location was fantastic, food/drinks were lovely, pool area quiet/clean, and the standard of the Deluxe Studio was excellent etc etc. I do not have a single complaint, and would probably never stay anywhere else if I wanted to stay so close to everything in the heart of Surfers!
Also - quick tip, when ordering Room Service Breakfast, there was enough for 2 mornings!

Room Tip: I opted on the Deluxe Studio with a Rates Special direct with the Mantra Group.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MellyG777
Hi MellyG777

Thanks for sharing your experience following your recent stay. Sounds like you had a great Easter and I am pleased you opted for and enjoyed a Deluxe room and that all aspects of your stay went so well.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to see you back at Mantra Legends Hotel some time soon.

Brisbane
Reviewed 15 April 2012

On arrival staff were friendly and helpful both at the reception, porter and Duty Manager at the time named Mal.
Luggage was delivered to our hotel room whilst we parked our car in the secure undercover parking, room was clean and tidy and the Ocean View was AMAZING!!! All requirements were met throughout the stay, with assistance, service, amenities and facilities provided.
The outdoor Pool was large, very clean and family friendly. I would recommend anyone for a stay here at this resort, it catered for my partner and I plus our 5year old daughter whom throughly enjoyed the pool, Children's movies provided on the TV network in our room and ICE- CREAM via room service! Close to Cavill Ave & resturants and beaches. Would definately return again in the near future. Thank you to the General Manager, Duty manager and helpful staff of Mantra Legends Hotel :)

Room Tip: Great Ocean View from high level.
1 Thank Emily2012Brisbane
Hi Emily2012Brisbane

I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable time with us so thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on-line.

Great that your daughter enjoyed the pool and that all went well from the moment you arrived into the Hotel.

I hope to welcome you back when you are next on the Gold Coast and thanks again for posting your feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed with a friend for 2nights. We had an ocean view room with breakfast included. We got a bargin online thru mantra ant paid $95 a night!
Clean room, great views, friendly staff, great breakfast, great location. Bus stop just outside to take you to theme parks etc.
Would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room - you wont regret it!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank tanfan81
Hi tanfan81

Thanks for taking the time to post some comments following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your found our standards of food, service and cleanliness to be of a high standard and that our location was so convenient.

I look foward to welcoming you back to the Hotel at some point in the not too distant future.

Ormeau, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Can't say how very disappointed I was in the hotel and the staff - it is in no way 4 1/2 stars & you would be better spending the little bit extra to stay somewhere nicer where you will be treated with respect and get a smile. Our little family getaway was ruined due to out horrible room that was musty and ugly. The chairs on our balcony were mouldy and the legs rusted. The decor was old and tired and there was a hole in the ceiling of the bathroom. The cuishon on the bed was very grubby and stank and the 'artwork' was dirty as well. Yuk. When I complained it was received with a 'who cares' attitude. I was charge $17 per day to park which I thought would have been part of staying in the hotel and was never told about the charge until we left. Very disappointed indeed, wish I had read the reviews before we stayed...

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
1 Thank Huia K
Hi Huia K

Thanks for your post although I naturally regret that your time at the Hotel did not meet your expectations. Given your feedback, the room was not of an acceptable standard and more should have been done to rectify this when your concerns were raised. Your feedback has been followed through with the Houskeeping and Front Office teams to ensure they are completing a more thorough check of the rooms and advising guests regarding any parking charges that may apply.

I can only apologise that we have fallen short of the mark on your recent visit and I would welcome you to contact me directly should you wish to communicate further or if I can be of service.

Brisbane
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Booked into Mantra legends last weekend as a last minute booking through wotif.com as going to watch the Adelaide Crows Vs Gold Coast Suns.
Checking in was seamless, standard Hotel room on the 6th floor was great, very clean, comfy bed and very surprised that there wasn't much noise.
Overall the young girls on the front desk were fantastic and I was very impressed with the overall presentation of the hotel. Was disappointed I didn't get to hit the pool as it looked very inviting but will no doubt hit it one day as will definitely be booking here again next time im on the gold coast,
The coffee was great and so was the blue mantra pen supplied in the room.
Thumbs up from me

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi quiksilver23

Thanks for taking some time to post your feeback and great that you found the hotel clean, comfortable and quiet. Hope you had a great night at Metricon Stadium watching the Suns v Crows and I am so pleased that your overall experience here was given the "thumbs up".

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel some time soon.

Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed for 1 night in a standard twin room at Surfers paradise. When we arrived to check in the staff at front did not seem too friendly and check in was slow. Room - bathroom had a hair in shower and shower was so old it was hard ot turn on and it went from scalding hot to scalding cold and took forever and still could not get the temperature to stay - was also the tiniest bathroom ever!!. Balcony seemed unsafe. The buffet breakfast girl at the desk was not nice and not very pleasant and was rude when I was just for asking a simple question about prices of meals.TV remote did not work and then we asked for a replacement which also did not work. Overall - poor service - very slow check in and out (dont know why it takes them so long) . Not worth the $ we paid. We did get ocean views from our balcony though which was unexpected for that type of room. That's about the only good thing and the location is very good but would not go there again unless staying in a better room and would not recommend to people.

1 Thank EJ J
Hi EJ J

Thanks for your post and really sorry that your stay with us fell short of the mark. No excuses offered for the unfriendly service you received or the issues with regards to the cleanliness of the room. I have utilised your feedback with the team as an example of why we need to ensure we improve our consistency in this regard as we strive to get it right 100% of the time.

Please again accept my apologies and do feel free to contact me directly should you wish to correspond further or if I can of any assistance. vince.king@mantra.com.au