“Adequate with good location”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Room was good and spacious although a little dated. Reception areas, pool and lounge looked good. Breakfast was okay but boring. The reason why I did not give higher rating was due to the lack of friendly staff - front desk was really cold and did not feel the slightest hint of warmth (maybe because it is winter??)

Location wise, it is good especially for Asians since there are many nearby restaurants(Malaysian Chinese, Indian, Subway, Pizza) and shops (Surfers Paradise which is open up till 12am, 24hr convenience shop, Woolsworth, tourist shop - all within 5mins walk).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear Doris Chin

Thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with your family. I am naturally concerned that you found the service from the Front Office team to be lacking in warmth - something I will certainly share with the team as this is clearly short of the standard we wish to achieve.

We do enjoy a great location - being so close to the beach, a wide range of restaurants and shops plus only a short walk to the absolute centre of Surfers Paradise. I am happy that this proved so convenient for you.

I do appreciate the time you have taken to post this feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you next visit us from Singapore.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

The Mantra Legends Hotel is centrally located, only two streets away from all the action at Cavill Avenue. The large hotel foyer overlooks the pool and the bar makes the most delicious cocktails. The staff members were very welcoming with the room offering great views to the ocean and Q1. The rooms are a good size and offer a kitchenette for those wanting a more self-service holiday. The balcony door was a bit sticky and took two hands to open as the building and decor are a little bit older but all-in-all a very comfortable stay. The breakfast offered in the restaurant downstairs was delicious with lots of variety and a very modern setting to start your day.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with ocean views :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheDreamKey

Dear TheDreamKey

I greatly appreciate the detailed feedback you have provided and am thrilled that you had such a positive experience during your time with us.

I am particularly happy that you found the service to be of a high standard - I will certainly share your positive feedback with my team. Glad that you also took the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail in Tales Bar and that you started the day on a high with buffet breakfast in Fables Restaurant.

Thanks again for posting your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Mantra Legends Hotel at some point in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights during our australia holiday. On first impressions, the lobby area and pool were really nice, as well as the bar. I checked in and as I already knew about the expensive car park charge, that was fine. The receptionist wasn't particularly friendly and seemed to be just going through the motions. The room we were given was a twin and I'd reserved a queen. The room was awful. Dark, depressing and with an awful 'fusty' smell. I've actually stayed in better hostels! We were very disappointed. I went back down to reception and asked for my room to be changed as we had booked a queen. The receptionist asked me why it was a problem that we had been allocated a twin room! Anyway, we got moved to the room next door conveniently enough. This room was completely different - about twice the size of the previous room on a corner aspect with a small kitchenette area. The room was still smelly and we were unsure about the cleanliness aspect during our whole stay - stained bedding, marked bathroom floor etc. The fixtures and fittings were old and tired as were the corridors with worn, dirty carpets. I believe they are renovating the hotel from the top down so maybe we were unlucky that we were on the 6th floor and they hadn't got to that floor yet. Being unlucky is one thing but when you are still paying a fairly hefty room rate you would appreciate some consistency. Away from the room, the public areas were nice. Lovely pool area which does get quite shaded and a nice restaurant. We had breakfast included and it was quite satisfactory with plenty of fresh fruit and hot food as well as an asian counter to cater for the many asian guests this hotel accommodates. The coffee was also good. All I would say is make sure you shop around for a good hotel in surfers. We thought we had but maybe we should have looked into it more.In our opinion Surfers is brash, unfriendly, dirty and tacky. We discovered Broadbeach (aprox 40min walk from the hotel) which is a lot more classy with excellent restaurants, friendlier bars and a great casino. We wish we had stayed there.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor - newly renovated. corner rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flyerbob

Dear flyerbob

Thanks for the detail you have provided in your review, although I naturally regreat that there were elements of your stay that fell short of your expectations.

Please accept my apologies that your arrival was not of an acceptable standard with regards the service offered and the incorrect room allocation. Whilst this was corrected shortly after your arrival, the issue should not have arisen in the first instance.

I accept your feedback regarding those rooms that we are yet to refurbish and the corridors presentation being a little tired. We are in the process of refurbishing the Hotels rooms and will shortly be commencing a project to rejuvenate our hotel corridors which will improve this aspect of the Hotel.

Thanks for your positive feedback also regarding the lobby and pool areas and I am glad that you found breakfast to be of a good standard.

Thanks again flyerbob for your post and please again accept my apologies for some of the short comings you experienced during your time with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed a single night and had great service. Was upgraded to an ocean view free of charge and concierge booked us into an amazing Mexican restaurant around the corner. A 3 minute walk to cavil Ave and 2 minutes to the beach a great spot.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Discover Q

Dear DiscoverQ

Great feedback following your stay with us - thanks so much for sharing your experience and I am so pleased that you found the standard of service to be of a high standard. We get a lot of great feedback from guests staying in our Ocean View rooms so I am pleased you enjoyed the upgrade.

I hope to see you back at Mantra Legends Hotel some time soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Great Staff. Room was clean. Close to everything. Bed was really comfy. Couldn't park at hotel but they gave us a place to park around the corner which worked out cheaper option anyway. Kids loved the pool. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle B

Dear MichelleB

Thanks for sharing your feeback - I am pleased that you found the service and cleanliness to your liking and that your kids had a great time in our pool.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next on the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Taking advantage of a Club.CUsoon special I had a six night stay at Mantra legends Hotel in a studio room with a buffet breakfast. The room was small and a little tired but was fine and had everything I needed during my stay as I spent a lot of my time working at the desk. The foyer was modern and crisp, the bar and the pool were great: I didn’t swim but the pool area was impressive. The staff were all efficient and friendly. The hotel is in the heart of the gold coast a short walk to beach, supermarket, restaurants, and bars and clubs. I was quite busy and often used room service for my evening meals which were surprisingly good, hot and prompt.
Only cons were that 4 out of 6 times the hot food at breakfast was cold and that I was surprised at the very old TV, I would have preferred the choice of digital channels over the paid tv channels. And unfortunately a group celebrating a 21st had a few rooms on my floor and they spent a lot of time partying in the room next to mine...

But overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear BendigoGlug

Thanks greatly for putting so much detail into your feedback and it's great that you enjoyed one of the special deals we had available via ClubCUSoon.

Your point re the TV's and availability of digital TV channels is certainly a valid one and we are in the final stages of gaining approval for a full upgrade of the TV signal infrastructure in the Hotel. This will see a full crossover to all digital channels being available in all rooms of the Hotel.

You have also raised an issue regarding food temperature at breakfast - we did note this issue around the time of your stay and have since made some changed to our buffet which have addressed this issue.

I really appreciate your positive sentiments around the high standards of service from the team and I am so pleased that you enjoyed meals of a good standard via our Room Service area.

Thanks again BendigoGlug for posting your feedback and I hope to see you back some time soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I feel it necessarily important that I highlight the fact I stayed here for one night whilst waiting for a fight out of OOL...!
Reception staff were very friendly and accommodating - bed was superbly comfortable, the beach view was to die for and the pool area looked gorgeous - too ad I wasn't there long enough to enjoy it...I will be back though...!

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Travellor69

Dear Travellor69

Thanks for your feedback during your short stay with us. I am pleased that the Front Office team provided a great level of service and that you were able to enjoy a comfortable night in the Hotel.

I hope to welcome you back where next time you may be able to stay with us for a longer period and enjoy all that Surfers Paradise has to offer.

Thanks again for your post.