I was part of a wedding at the Mantra Legends recently so I was there for a very happy occasion. Unfortunately though the motel had many bad points and not as many good points so I would not return to stay- especially considering how overly priced it is.
We had the seafood buffet on a Friday night in the restaurant which cost almost $60. For that price I expeted something impressive. Instead there was a small amount of seafood, bland looking salads and other food that looked like it had been sitting there for hours. The staff were also very pushy and tried to talk to our large group a lot which really just didn't help!
The breakfast cost $19.50 a person which was also a buffet, but also very over priced! The food quality was average and not a huge spread.
The staff were generally quite friendly. The day before the wedding we were having a few social drinks and the barmen disappeared a lot which was quite annoying. The rooms were nice but as most rooms are adjoining to another you can very clearly here the people next to you- if you stay on a weekend you are likely to hear young adults getting ready to go out late at night and coming in in the early hours of the morning.
The worst thing that probably happened though was the phonecall we received to our room at 2:45 in the morning from Reception who rang us looking for someone- the had been asked by a random girl to call us and see if it was her friend. We might have been able to laugh this off if it wasn't the night before my best friends wedding. She was trying to sleep before her big day and this woke her us up and kept her awake for a while. With all the mayhem of the wedding the next day I was unable to mention this to the manager but it seemed very unprofessional.
The wedding though, went off without a hitch. Unlike the food in the restaurant the food provided at the reception was delicious and drink service was fantastic. The wedding co-ordinator was very helpful and with us a lot of the day. Guests were considerate of the wedding and happy to move themselves so we could get photos in particular areas.
The Mantra Legends might be ok for a mid-week stay, if it's ot important for you to get a good nights sleep but I doubt I will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering premium accommodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Legends Hotel provides the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. The hotel is just a short stroll to the beach, premium shopping outlets and fine dining restaurants and Surfers Paradise's famous nightlife scene is a mere five minute walk. The hotel boasts well appointed guest rooms and suites, featuring ocean or hinterland views. All rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. On-site facilities cater to both business travellers and those on a relaxed getaway. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, secure undercover parking (subject to availability) and concierge. Our hotel offers an on-site restaurant, Fables and our own Tales Bar. Join us for breakfast, dinner or simply an evening cocktail. We provide the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. For more car parking information please contact Mantra Legends (parking is subject to availability). Maintenance Notice: As part of ongoing improvements, Mantra Legends will undergo exterior repainting of the building from 13 March until 10 July 2017. The works will involve pressure cleaning and remedial work to the building’s exterior prior to re-painting. Work will be carried out from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, no works will be undertaken on the weekends. Mantra Legends Hotel management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia