“Mantra- always friendly”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

The staff are wonderful as they seem to be at all their locations. Nothing is too much trouble for them. As always it's excellent value for money. Great rooms. Great dinning/bar area and the pool is lovely. Great location. Will stay again

• Stayed: September 2012
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear em2882

I really appreciate the feedback and I am so pleased you found our service to be at all times friendly and the overall experience at the Hotel was a positive one.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Legends Hotel

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Great location just two streets off the main strip. Mantra chain is always good. The room has a handy small kitchenette. Room n toilet are clean. Was there for a conference. Will recommend for family, work. Buffet breakfast is average.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank berrie27

Dear berrie27

Thanks greatly for your positive feedback although apologies that you found breakfast below par.

The Hotel does have a a great location and I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our accommodation rooms and conferencing facilities.

I hope to see you back at the Hotel when next visiting the Gold Coast for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

staff were extremely helpful. Craig, spent a good 15min explaining the city to us and what we can do. Also went the extra length to teach us the different bus routes to take to our destination.

Location was excellent, 5min walk to Surfer's paradise and to various bus stops.

Rooms are tired and initial room smelt of smoke. Was given a swap soon after. TV is the old box ones which i hv not seen since i was a kid. But generally still clean. Acceptable for the price.

Food downstairs is excellent but costly.

A good experience. Can't ask for more given the price. Could do better with some room renovation!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roseblood89

Dear roseblood89

I really appreciate the feedback and I look forward to sharing your compliments with Craig on our Concierge desk.

I take your point regarding the room being a little tired. A significant number of rooms have been refurbished and updated, these are designated as Deluxe and can be guaranteed with a small incremental charge. The non-refurbished rooms are heavily discounted and I am glad that you found overall value in your time with us.

Thanks again for your post and I hope to see you back should you again be visiting the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Was a bit worried after reading the reviews. My best friend and I stayed here for 5 nights and we had a great time! Yes the rooms are a little dated, but they were clean and we had a great view!!
If you want a 5 star hotel to sit in and look at the room all day long then go to the Hilton. Mantra legends was great value for money! We walked to surfers and also to broadbeach!
Great pool area and close to the beach. Would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear bellaP83

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that you found your stay to be great value. You have indicated you would come back so I look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

It is my family first trip to Gold Coast. I was totally disappointed with this hotel! This hotel does not worth 4 stars rating. I have written to the hotel informed them on our arrival time and request for an early check in and high floor sea view. The hotel reservation department replied with positive arrangement with an upgrade fee. After 10 hours of night flight especially with young toddlers, we were very disappointed that the hotel could not check us in earlier at around 10am. We could only check in around 4pm! And, we were given a low floor room without any view! This is totally unbearable. I then spoke to the duty manager and told him please allocate a high floor sea view room as promised. They managed to give us hinterland view on 15th floor. The view is disappointed and the room looks very run down! The bed is not comfortable. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed during our vacations. I told them I do not mind pay extra for better sea view room every morning (we stayed there for 5 nights). The duty manager told me that the hotel rooms are fully booked!

Can you imagine we ate the same types of breakfast for 5 days?! The breakfast buffet is lack of varieties. We were bored of the breakfast, especially my children.

The worst is the attitude of receptionists on duty were not friendly. They were arrogant, unhelpful, rude.

Don't waste your money to stay in this hotel! Considering the location and convenience for family vacation, the newly renovated Grand Chancellor Hotel is a much better choice. We like Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DreamweaverPG
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and Gold Coast was our first stop after a long 48 hour flight journey. We booked this hotel for our honeymoon expecting it to be a memorable experience. However, after being made to wait in the overcrowded lobby for 4 hours we were given the room with the smallest balcony lined with taller buildings and pretty much no view of the beautiful coastline. We had confirmed that the room would have a great view but this was definitely not it. Too tired to complain we chose to just keep our baggage there.

Everything was fine until we arrived back home to know that they have made an UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION of $327.42 for the fabric of a chair we did not even use!! Apparently according to them, we had used their iron which burnt through the chairs fabric. They misused our credit card which was given during our check in for an authorization of $1 and they conveniently charged us the ridiculous amount without a notification!! Extremely unprofessional.

As the first stop, we had enough washed and ironed clothes to be using theirs and the room was not all world class as a 4 Star anyway. It smelt old, dusty and cheap. I won't recommend this place and even if you do, I'd prefer you make your own note of what you have or have not used because they sure love making faulty accusations.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Swati l

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback although I am naturally disappointed that aspects of your stay fell short of expectations.

Please accept my apologies for the delay on check-in. We were heavily booked on the day which restricted our ability to offer any complimentary upgrades to Ocean View rooms and we could not make a room available at 9am for your arrival. We do recognise that long flights arriving early into the destination can lead to delays on check-in at the Hotel where a 2pm arrival time is set. To assist with this, we do provide two options to our international booking agents to guarantee the room for early arrival through pre-registering the room the night before and also guarantee Ocean Views, both of these do attract surcharges however would have alleviated your concerns regarding your arrival.

With regard to charges for the damage to a chair, we did attempt to make contact directly via the email address you provided on arrival. We found this email bounced back with the message that this address was unattainable so my apologies you had to find out regarding the charge in the manner that you have. I can confirm that we did also provide the agent that booked your room with communication regarding this charge in the hope that this would be passed onto you.

Thank you again for posting your feedback and I hope the above assists in addressing the concerns you have raised. Should you wish to further discuss this matter, please feel free to contact me directly on vince.king@mantra.com.au.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Booked a $99 /night deal a while ago and upgraded to a refurbished deluxe room. Couldnt really complain about the room. Bathroom a bit dated but had everthing needed. Pool area nice but starting to date a bit. Lobby awsome, great bar area. resturant was good Buffet breakfast standard fare. 2 for 1 seafood deal is a good option food was great. Great service by Jay Jay in the resturant could fault him. Location is great, close to everything, no excessive noise. Parking was tight (Not enough spaces) but we were OK. Would stay there again and recommend if getting a good deal.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a reburbished room. Go as high as you can get for a veiw
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob P

Dear RobP

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Jay Jay is a fantastic waiter and I will thank him for the service you have recognised via your post. The upgrade to a Deluxe room is worth the money and I am pleased you enjoyed the food in our seafood buffet.

I look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel in the not too distant future.