“Great Location - Impressive Vacation”

Mantra Legends Hotel
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“Great Location - Impressive Vacation”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I recently stayed at Mantra Legends for a short break away. All my requests whilst booking the hotel were met. I was given a city view room on the 21st floor overlooking paradise waters, isle of Capri and the city of Gold Coast. The room was quite old and needs to be renovated, the tv was an old analogue television and the balcony was small where you could only fit two chairs and a table. The hotel is located in a good location, only two streets away from Cavill Avenue and a short walk to surfers paradise beach and all main attraction and activities. The lobby, gym and pool were very nice and modern. The staff and concierge were always friendly and made sure your stay went well. We requested late check out and were given this straight away. The business centre at the lobby had free use of computers/Internet however the printer was not working during my stay. When I asked reception if they could recommend an Internet cafe to print out my transfer and airline boarding passes, they offered to print everything out without any hassles at reception. Overall I was impressed with this hotel and the service from staff, the only downside was the lack of maintenance with their hotel rooms, so I would suggest upgrading the next room category higher, if I had known this prior to making the reservation I would have. I have no issues recommending this hotel, it was great and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Deluxe if possible as this room is nicer and modern compaired to the standard hotel roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank WorldTraveller159
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Jamiet290,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback, I am extremely pleased to hear all your needs and requirements were met both at time of booking and during your stay.

I will be passing on this great feedback to both reception and concierge staff as they have delivered some great service and ensured you have been taken care of. I would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of replacing all “older” televisions and I will be investigating the issue you raised about maintenance .

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Had room on level 21 which had a great view of the beach but tiny balcony that 2 could barely sit on with old rusted plastic chairs that weren't very inviting. Room was clean. Tv wasn't good quality and was small. Paid extra for a deluxe room so was glad we hadn't gone for cheaper room. Staff seemed helpful and breakfast was good value.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Ngaree,

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am extremely happy that you found the staff to be helpful and the breakfast was good value. I would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of replacing all “older” televisions and I will be investigating the issue you raised about the balcony furniture.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We enjoyed our first visit to Surfers Paradise.... the room was ok and spacious but HOUSE KEEPING was very poor... we had to ask the people in charge twice to vaccumme the room and wipe stains off coffee table. They did it on the 3rd day when it was meant to be done everyday according to the management and staffs at reception. They also never changed the beddings until just before the last day of our stay when we emphsised about it. Also one of the person at the conciege was very rude when we were trying to arrange a tour and get more information.
The girls at the reception were very friendly and helpfull. Location wise was excellent. May I will re think on staying there again unless they can get their acts together. All the best!!!

Room Tip: Room with a view will be adviseable and like ours with spa bath as well.... but depends on what your...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Reginald L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear some areas of your stay were not up to standard and have affected your Holiday. I am pleased that you found the reception staff to be friendly and helpful, it concerns that one of my concierge was rude and lacked the customer service I would expect.

There appears to of been a communication breakdown in regards to your room servicing and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, I have followed this up with all relevant parties.

We strive to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay and on this occasion we have fallen short, without having your specific booking details it makes it difficult to further investigate the concerns you have raised, if you could please contact me directly chris.dickinson@mantra.com.au it would be of great assistance as I would like look into this matter further.

Once again thank you for providing this feedback and I look forward to hearing from you !

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel in late 2011. I rang the hotel at 8am when we arrived in QLD and half an hour later when we arrived at the hotel they had a room ready for us to checkin!
Staff were friendly and helpful. We ate tea in their restaurant one night, food & service was good, we were given a high chair for our toddler. The room we stayed in was small, but clean & tidy. It had two double beds and the verandah looked out to the ocean. Position is just a short stroll to Caville Avenue, there are restaurants right outside the building.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shaz3R
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Shaz3R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am extremely happy that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, it’s also very pleasing you enjoyed Fables restaurant.

I would like to thank you again for providing this feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2013

After arriving early to the hotel we were told that our room was not available. This is fine as we were early and with the hotel being fully booked couldn't pay for early check in, check staff continually told us we were on priority and the rooms wouldn't be long. 4 hours later we were still waiting. I would rather they told us the truth and said sorry we are fully booked it will be 2pm as per reservation than keep us waiting, it was frustrating and they didn't even offer water or anything considering you could see we were exhausted. Website also needs to be updated. I spoke to many people who thought the decor of the hotel was as per website when in fact its only the deluxe rooms etc that are renovated and the rest of the rooms are 70s throwbacks! Our studio room was humid (air not working well) and the mattress was as hard as a rock! I guess you cant beat the price for the location but that will only suffice for so long before word spreads. Hotel staff need a lesson in manners (Check in) also.

Room Tip: pay extra for a Deluxe Studio + if you want to get a nights sleep...Also parking is limited and 17/d...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jackie a
Dear jackie a,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear you found the service and room quality not up to our usual high standard. I would like to confirm that our check in time is 2pm and we try our best to get the rooms ready prior to this but during peak season this becomes more difficult, the receptionist should of informed you on arrival to expect your room to be ready at 2pm, there seems to of been a communication breakdown and I apologise for this.

Mantra Legends Hotel was built in 1997 and most of our rooms have been refurbished since then, we are continually trying to improve our unrefurbished rooms. I am happy that you found both the price and location of Mantra Legends to be the best.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice so far. It is very close to Surfers Paradise beach and mall. The beds are getting old and need replacing soon (as of January 2013). The restaurant is a little over priced for the service and quality of food. But the proximity to beach and surfers paradise shops is great.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear AroundWorldIn80Years,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback, I’m extremely happy that you found Mantra Legends to be nice and in a convenient location, the Hotel beds are monitored and replaced as soon they show signs of ageing.

I would like to thank you for your repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the future !

Reviewed 10 January 2013

What a rip off!
More like 3 star at 5 star price.
Rooms are falling apart and dirty.
Tv is from the early 1980s.
Pool is disgusting with hair and filth on bottom and floating on top.
Supposed to be 4 to 4.5 star and has old school bath shower set up with manky old curtains.

Never again

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank TheWhingeReport
Dear TheWhingeReport,

Thank you for sharing this feedback, I am naturally disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Mantra Legends Hotel, without knowing your specific booking details I cannot be sure but it appears you have booked one of our standard rooms, we do have our deluxe room categories which have been refurbished, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies as we have clearly fallen short in meeting your expectations and ensuring the room is cleaned to the highest standard.

Without having your specific booking details it makes it difficult to further investigate the issues you have raised, if you could please contact me directly chris.dickinson@mantra.com.au it would be of great assistance as I would like look into this matter further.

I would like to thank you again for providing this feedback , I look forward to hearing from you !