“Decent place, not too good but not bad either.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Decent place, not too good but not bad either.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

The only problem was that the entire hotel is non-smoking.
However if you are lucky, you may get a room with a balcony, wherein you can smoke.
Good business center.
They don't serve omelette in the breakfast, its chargeable, not a part of the breakfast that is included in your stay.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Hi Kapil-taurus

I do appreciate the time taken to share your experience on-line via TripAdvisor and I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Thanks again for your feeback and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here in March 2013. The hotel was very clean and pleasant. The rooms were a good size with tea and coffee, flat screen TV, comfy bed. The balcony's a bit scary, so I wouldn't take small kids (for fear of them falling out). The location was very convenient, 50M to the beach and 5 mins from Cavill Mall. There was no breakfast, but the going rate around the area is under $10 for cooked breakfast (Perth where I live is around $20 for the same). Parking is a bit of an issue as the hotel charges $17/night if you can get a spot. You can get street parking, which was free after 5pm, to 9am next morning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Drphods
Hi Drphods

Thanks for posting your feedback on-line via TripAdvisor and I am glad that your time with us was enjoyable.

I hope to see you back at some point in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed at the Mantra Legends hotel for 4 nights. Room was decent and clean, size was reasonable for the price, but I was surprised that there were no toothbrushs nor bathroom slippers provided in a 4-star hotel. In addition, there was no wi-fi and LAN internet was chargeable at a rather expensive rate (AU$25 per 24hours).

The redeeming factor was this extremely helpful guy, Craig, manning the concierge. He went out his way several times to help my friends and I get the best deals for cabs, amusement parks tickets, skydiving experience, etc. At times, Craig even proposed alternatives plans that was very much appreciated. Every morning he'd be at the front desk with a huge friendly smile and he truly go out of his way to make every guest's experience in the hotel a special one. Craig, despite being in his middle-age, is truly passionate about his job and I am full of admiration for him.

Overall, the hotel is decent and I definitely think we'd need more of such positive and passionate people in the industry! Mantra Legends' fortunate to have Craig with them! ;)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Jessica L

I really appreciate your feeback and will be certain to pass on your comments and thank Craig for his great service.

All of our rooms have Wifi internet available so am unsure what the issue may have been in this regard - my apologies if this was not connecting for you. Addtionally, we have complimentary internet available via our Business Centre located just off of the lobby.

Thanks again for your feedback and for sharing this on-line. I hope to welcome you back when you are next on the Gold Coast.

Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I had to go to the gold Coast for a weekend at short notice and decided to stay at the Mantra Legends Hotel. I was very pleasantly suprised indeed. it was close to all amenities, nice swimming pool and ok gym.

Room Tip: I got an upgrade to a deluxe room which game me a view of the ocean...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Orangerinnie

I really appreciate your feedback and am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to see you back at some point in the future.

Corowa, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Our conference was booked here. The staff were quick and efficient at checkin and all details correct. The room on the 20th floor was lovely. Not overly spacious but had everything in a well designed space. King bed and views both river and ocean. The bathroom would be a bit tight if there was two of us. Good quality toiletries provided. The breakfast was great as was the seafood buffet dinner and good value. The conference room was excellent everything worked and good attention to topping up water etc. when they discovered I was gluten free they went looking for special treats for me. The bar is great and I had the best coffee martini . Over all great job my only beef was that housekeeping kept knocking on my door when I'd told them when I would be gone . The cleaning product they use in the bathroom smells awful and gave me a headache .

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Wildfire57

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am glad that the service from the team in general and the food in Fables Restaurant was to your liking, although sorry that Housekeeping disturbed you during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in Surfers Paradise.

Indore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We arrived early at 6:00 AM [ standard check in time 2.00PM ] we were a bit worried as we had traveled almost 15 hrs to reach our first destination. The check in was nice and quick they provided us the room with no hassle no surcharge and a smile. The front office staff was very helpful with the near about areas, markets and were always happy to help. The Business center had free internet which could be used on their desktops round the clock. The rooms we nice sized and very quiet as we slept at the day time first day and dint feel any problems tough there was some maintenance work going on in the night but as we close our balcony the noises aren't felt...Breakfast was nicely laid down with vegetarian options.

Overall a very nice experience with the Mantra !!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Betala_P

I greatly appreciate your feedback so thanks for sharing via TripAdvisor.

I was pleased that the team were able to get you into a room straight away after such a long travel and that you found the room to be comfortable. Glad to see that breakfast and our range of vegetarian options also met your expectations.

I hope you will again consider us should you be returning to the Gold Coast and thanks again for posting your feedback.

Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've stayed here twice now in the last year. You have to be cautious in Surfers as the cheaper places to stay attract the party people. The Mantra Legends is modern, with a good location and a short walk to the beach. Woolies is only minutes away to stock up your fridge. The staff are always welcoming and happy to help out. Not everything was perfect but when i asked for something to be fixed, it was done soon after with a smile. They could modernise the TV's though and mine didn't have good reception. This is the only place i will stay in Surfers in the future. The clientele in my observation were respectful guests. All in all, a great place for a business travel or time away with someone you wish to share it with.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear NomadicTour

Thanks for your loyalty in again returning to the Hotel and for posting feedback regarding your experience on-line.

I am pleased to advise that over recent months we have upgraded all of our TV's to flat screen, high definition LCD's and have a full digital system installed which has improved picture quality. Thanks also for your comments about the great service from my team and the top location we occupy.

I look forward to seing you back in the not too distant future.