“Spacious & convenient location, but a bit old” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney
“Spacious & convenient location, but a bit old”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment. Enough space for 2 kids to play, and convenient location especially with Woolies and restaurants downstairs. But more like renting apartment than part of a "hotel" group, & 1 "mini service" over 4 days!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hi HeidLovesToTravel

Thanks for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor as I genuinely do appreciate the time spent in letting us know regarding your stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay although I am unsure regarding your detailed frequency of cleaning and am unable to check on this as I am unaware of any of your booking details. We service our rooms on a daily basis so I can only think that you had a "do not disturb" sign on your door at the times we came to service the room, or you had booked via a third party for a room not in our letting pool where we do not manage this aspect of your stay. Either way, please do accept my apologies that this impacted what was otherwise an enjoyable time at the Hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to look further into this if you wish to contact me on vince.king@mantra.com.au.

Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to see you back at the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Mantra Legends Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed in a refurbished studio appartment on the 6th floor for three nights. The room was very clean and serviced every day. Bed was comfortable and the good sized room came with stove, microwave, dishwasher and sink.
Service was impeccable and concierge Luke was very helpful (not to mention cute... ;)
The pool was great and food wasn't too bad.
Most importantly the hotel is in a great location - just a couple of streets away from Cavil Ave - but once I closed the door I couldn't hear a thing.
The gym is fairly average - but the steam room and saina were awesome. Unfortunately no spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room with ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi Nathan S

Thanks for taking the time to post some feedback on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated.

We do enjoy a great location and I am pleased that you had such a comfortable stay and that we met your expectations with regards to standards of service and cleanliness.

I hope to see you back at the Hotel some time soon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

positive - nice lobby and pool, front desk was helpful and smiley
negative - gym rubbish, room/bathroom and hallways have marks on walls and generally a bit grubby feel. no cutlery or bowls in room, internet 40dollars for 3days..

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hi Crimper E

I appreciate your comments following your recent stay although sorry that you found the room and hallways a little dated. We have completely refurbished a number of the Hotel hallways already in the top half of the Hotel and works on the reminder of the floors will commence early in the new year, after the Xmas holiday period. A painting program is also being undertaken currently to refresh our rooms. Please do accept my apologies that the room and floor you were allocated did not present to a high standard.

Thanks for your kind comments regarding the the great service from my Front Office Team - I have passed these on accordingly and I know the team are thrilled to find their good work has been appreciated.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Good points:
1. Location is very near to the beach
2. Sunrise view is super awesome. Very very good spot landscape photography, but u need a room that's facing the sea
3. They provide 'halal' chicken sausages for breakfast, according to the chef that I spoke to. I think they should place the tray as far away as possible to bacon slices.

Not so good point:
1. No free wifi.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Hi mengaum_fc

I really appreciate your feedback so thanks for posting this on TripAdvisor.

We do make the effort to cater to a wide variety of tastes and requirements in the food offering in Fables Restaurant - I am pleased that the availability of halal items was convenient for you.

The hotel does enjoy a fantastic location and the ocean views are terrific, particularly at sun rise as you have noted.

Thanks again for sharing your experience in the Hotel during your recent stay and I hope to see you back when you are next on the Gold Coast.

Sydney, NSW, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I spent three nights at Mantra Legends in early September. The room was a clean, with a small kitchenette. I had the buffet breakfast on one of the mornings, the food was good, the buffet was a little smaller than I've experienced in other hotels, but adequate and reasonable value at $20 (which I believe is a special price, normally $28). I had breakfast at McDonalds on Cavill Ave the next two mornings.

It will be convenient when the tram line is finished. The only complaint I had was my room was a little noisy when the lift went past, I was in room 1906. I ended up leaving the airconditioning on as background noise (it seemed to work as I didn't hear the lift) for the last night since I'd been woken by the lift on the first two nights.

I really liked that it has an IGA and a Woolworths within a few hundred metres and is so close to the different food outlets on Cavill Ave.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hi hellwolf

Thanks for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, I am glad that your overall stay went well and that you found the property to be clean and comfortable.

I hope to see you back at the Hotel when you next visit Surfers Paradise.

Noosa, Queensland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We booked this hotel through Wotif for my husband's birthday. The deal included full buffet breakfast for two and 2 for 1 seafood dinner. On arrival we were allocated our room and given vouchers for 2 for 1 breakfast. I queried this and produced the Wotif Voucher. The receptionist took this from me, threw it on the counter, and said, "Don't believe what they say at Wotif ". Finally she conceded that our booking did include breakfast each day.Parking was very expensive. Breakfast was very disappointing. The second day all the hot food was luke warm. I reported this and the temperature was turned up to heat the food better. We would never go back to Mantra Legends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin M
Hi noosagirl 7

Can I firstly apologise for the way in which your enquiry regarding package inclusions was handled on arrival - clearly this is not the standard of service we pride ourselves on and the response you have reported is not appropriate.

Your stay has fallen short of an acceptable standard and, whilst you have indicated you will not return, I invite you to contact me directly on vince.king@mantra.com.au if I can in any way assist you or if you wish to follow up your most recent stay.

Blenheim, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Had two rooms door in between bed firm very good view of the beach and down town Surfers. Older style needs up dating but everything we needed was there being ex moteliers we did notice a lack of cleaning eg .cutlery glasses abit smeary and skirting boards not being cleaned as often as they should. Over all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi 172 Brian

I very much appreciate the feedback you have provided following your recent visit from New Zealand.

Please do accept my apologies that there were a couple of areas where the standard of cleaning fell short of the mark. I have raised these areas of finer detail with my Housekeeping Manager as I agree that this should not have occurred.

I am pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable and that the views and location were to your liking.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel should you again be on the Gold Coast.