“Excellent hotel for a family vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Legends Hotel

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Excellent hotel for a family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel on the Main Street, near the sea with proximity to many good restaurants. Rooms are spacious, tidy, equipped with a small kitchenette. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We could enjoy the sea and the beach, had great food in a nearby Japanese restaurant, did some good shopping in the adjacent shops. The vast lobby and the pool were excellent place to spend some leisure time.

Stayed November 2012
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Dr_Satyajit_Borah,

Thank you for providing such fantastic feedback, Its extremely pleasing to hear that your overall stay was excellent and you enjoyed the hotels location and services.

I hope to welcome you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Chris Dickinson
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Went to Gold Coast with my family and parent in laws:-

Pros
- requested for tissue box via operator & they delivered promptly
- complained to operator on the guest smoking just below our unit, 1704 & the problem was attended to. Unfortunately, e guest continued to smoke. The reason that we rather left the balcony door opened is because the air is fresher minus the aircon which is v. dry for the skin.

Cons
- do not compare to the buffet served in the hotels in Asia countries, e.g Malaysia & Singapore, as the dishes are exactly the same.
- the conditions of the tap at the shower area is not in tip-top condition as there is water leaking from the shower tap, even after we have finished showering.
- the guests who was staying below our unit was smoking & making so much noise & talking so loudly during the wee hours. The hotel should educate all their guests that smoking is not allowed in the hotels as we find that the small signboard mentioning that this is a non smoking hotel placed beside the bedside table is insufficient.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Genayeo,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback, I’m glad that you found the hotel staff to be prompt and attentive but I’m naturally disappointed to hear your stay was disrupted due to other hotel guests smoking. Mantra Legends Hotel is a non-smoking property, guest are not permitted to smoke in their rooms or on the balcony, there is a smoking area near the Hotel entrance, we do inform all guests of our smoking policy.

Once again thank you for proving this feedback as it greatly assists us with improving hotel standards, I hope to welcome you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Chris Dickinson
Front Office Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

this hotel is a 10min walk to where all the action is at, the walk isn't the best if its raining. Pool and spa area is awesome.... Kids will LOVE it!
Rooms where very spacious and great Value, I would stay here again.
I would recommend going somewhere else for breakfast

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hi Nicola F

I appreciate your feedback so thanks for posting this on TripAdvisor.

Its always pleasing to read that someone has enjoyed their stay so I am thrilled you had a good time at the Hotel.

I hope you choose to again stay with us when you next visit from Brisbane.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the 19th floor of the hotel with my family. We have a twin beded room which is huge and clean. Check in was efficent and they were very nice to give us a room at 11am after our long flight. The room comes with a balcony which overlooks the beautiful gold coast skyline and the magnificent beach. It was fantastic.
The hotel buffet brakfast has a nice spread of bread, salads, fruits, juices, eggs, beacon, sausage and some Asian food.
There is also a good chinese resturant, a Malaysian seafood resturant and a pizza store below the hotel. Food wise there are many different types of resturants nearby the hotel. The beach and the main shopping area is only about 3-5 minutes walk from the hotel.
This is a good place to stay and I would recommend if we are coming back to gold coast.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hi Vince VW

Thanks for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor and I am delighted that you had such a good stay with us on your recent visit from Singapore.

I hope to see you back at the Hotel when you are next on the Gold Coast.

Auckland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

becareful , we went for there for holday on July and one day we come back and the stuff we bought have been stolen from the house keeper. and then i report to there mananger , and there manager say " i trust our stuff, they will not steal anything " so that pretty much measn they can steal anything and manager will on there side.so dont leave anything in your room if you going to this place for holday.me and my family will never go there again for sure.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank denis y
Hi denis y

Thank you for your feedback although I must disagree with your sentiment that your belongings have been stolen by a member of my team. Allegations of theft are extremely rare and we take them very seriously.

I cannot find any communication from you with regard to this incident so I am unable to respond with any specific detail. You are welcome to contact me directly on vince.king@mantra.com.au and provide some detail, including any Police report numbers, in order that I can investigate and respond.

Thanks again for your post and I do hope to hear from you.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great location and close to the beach. There are lots of parks and amenities close by. Room was clean. Kids loved the swimming pool. Breakfast was really good. Lots of choice of restaurants outside the hotel for dinner. Great seafood.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hi Ameeta P

I am grateful for the time you have spent in posting some feedback on TripAdvisor.

We find families always enjoy our fantastic location, short walk to the beach and great swimming pool and I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your time at the Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Forster, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I booked the hotel for a week. It took us ages to get to the hotel due to major traffic works in the area of the Gold Coast. The room was average with the linen being dirty. Roadworks outside our balcony starting at 6.30am The noise during the night was unbelievable with doors slamming and unfortunately we had a room near the lifts to make it even worse. Then we had drunks singing in the hallway...oh joy!!!!!
When you left the hotel you had to walk some blocks before you could get to the other side due to the roadworks.
We were not informed that the hotel had major roadworks going on outside its front door when we booked.
We only stayed 20 hours and booked out. When I was booking out I said I was not happy about the noise. The girl at the counter said"Oh you owe $15 for parking oh sorry you have a card OK everything is right."....Now that is what I call customer service.Gold Coast I wont be back.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Mantra Legends
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Hi Tiga01

Thanks for your feedback although I am sorry that your stay at the Hotel did not meet your expectations.

I have looked into your feedback and can advise that your booking was made via Accor Vacation Club - a seperate entity to Mantra Legends Hotel. Your booking was not made with the Hotel and the room you were allocated is not a room that the Hotel manages as part of it's inventory. We did attempt to contact Accor Vacation Club on your behalf to provide your feedback and ask that a different room is allocated as we were attempting to provide some resolution. I am sorry if the service provided did not show the necessary level of care in following-up and assisting you in this regard.

Please do accept my apologies that your room was not completely clean and that you were disturbed during the evening by other guests on the floor. As you may appreciate with guests coming and going during the evening, we are unable to control all guests with regard to their behaviour. Notwithstanding that you should not be disturbed in the first instance, we did have Security Staff on shift that evening who were completing random floor patrols and had you called down we would have immediately attended the floor.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am sorry that your time on the Gold Coast was not more enjoyable.