Arriving at the Mantra Legends was a complete nightmare. The whole of Surfers roads were in mayhem due to roadworks constructing the new light rail system and also the barriers for the forthcoming V8 racing circuit.!!! Our GPS had no idea and kept leading us into no through roads. It took us at least one hour to circumnavigate the deadends and finally find our way to the entrance.
I was horrified by the reception we received when checking in. I explained to the girl across the desk that we had been driving all day (most of it within the last kilometre!!) and it may be helpful to email/text potential customers the best route to take through the roadworks. I was met with a blank stare and asked for my name. Absolutely no sympathy or friendly gesture was made.
Our room was on the 19th floor and afforded a fabulous view of the ocean and then south along the beaches. The lights at night were beautiful.
The room was well appointed with a great kitchenette and everything we needed. Extremely comfortable bed.
We ate a seafood buffet in the hotel restaurant which was rather expensive and disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Legends rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. Wi-Fi available (charges may apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia