Came for 4 days to have a small break before going to a conference. Our first room was so tired and old...the carpet was stained and threadbare, the curtains were filthy, the beds were shot, the furniture all worn out and the bathroom fittings all loose or broken. So they moved us....the next room was marginally better on all aspects noted above but just. In this next room the bed pillows were so old you could feel the foam had broken up inside....horrible stuff. On the upside the front desk managers (don't get caught speaking to the young 'I don't care' inexperienced ones) were most accommodating....they are the only redeeming part of this run down establishment. As an added bonus the hotel and the booking agent neglected to tell us it was the start of 'schoolies'....the place was overrun with hundreds of exuberant noisy teenagers.....heaven - NOT!
I travel extensively in Asia and the quality of even the budget hotels far exceeds what's on offer here at the Legends. Maybe the traveller on a budget is happy with this standard of hotel - not this traveler though. I'll pay the extra few hundred dollars happily to make sure I get a decent bed, a clean room and a comfortable environment. Good value should not equate to poor standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering premium accommodation in the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Legends Hotel provides the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. The hotel is just a short stroll to the beach, premium shopping outlets and fine dining restaurants and Surfers Paradise's famous nightlife scene is a mere five minute walk. The hotel boasts well appointed guest rooms and suites, featuring ocean or hinterland views. All rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. On-site facilities cater to both business travellers and those on a relaxed getaway. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, secure undercover parking (subject to availability) and concierge. Our hotel offers an on-site restaurant, Fables and our own Tales Bar. Join us for breakfast, dinner or simply an evening cocktail. We provide the ideal location for a family holiday, short break or business trip. Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. For more car parking information please contact Mantra Legends (parking is subject to availability). Maintenance Notice: As part of ongoing improvements, Mantra Legends will undergo exterior repainting of the building from 13 March until 4 August 2017. The works will involve pressure cleaning and remedial work to the building’s exterior prior to re-painting. Work will be carried out from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, no works will be undertaken on the weekends. Mantra Legends Hotel management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia