“It's okay. Extras are ridiculously pricey !”

Mantra Legends Hotel
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Great location, awesome pool and friendly staff but that's really about it.

Pros:
it's around the corner from all the action and beach is a few metres away.
Pool is awesome! You WANT to swim in it!

Cons:
It definitely needs a refurb. Mouldy curtains are not nice to look at!
View was shocking from our room.
The biggest put off $15 for wifi for an hour or two (isn't this meant to be a four star hotel?)
Renting a movie is $18.95
Mini bars expensive and laundry rate is ridiculous.
Bed is very uncomfortable

Not worth being a four star property. There are plenty of other hotels around that would probably be worth paying what you pay for here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mantra8, Front Office Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Elmorafiee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am naturally pleased to hear that you found the location, pool area and staff to be awesome, the in room entertainment pricing is in-line with most other hotels on the gold coast and is a service that is chargeable throughout most of Australia. I sincerely apologise that you found the bed to be uncomfortable and not to your liking, we do have bed toppers that can be provided on request to try and accommodate to different preferences.

Once again thank you for sharing this feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Mantra Legends Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My wife's 25th birthday. The hotel staff, location and service was great! During the schoolies period; the location was perfect. We arrived on Friday 22nd and left on the 26th. After delayed flights and lost luggage they receptionist (Ksenia) gave us a warm welcome and also organised complimentary champagne and chocolates. Very very nice of her. The concierge (Steven) was very helpful and made our trip easier with providing us a discount brochure which was very helpful. On the way out the staff member (Luke) helped us and made us not want to leave.

Their room was extremely nice with amazing views of the beach from our bedroom window as well as from the balcony. The layout of the room was great, the pool area and gym were amazing.

I would like to say a big fat thank you to everyone for making our stay very pleasant and we would return there in a heart beat.

I highly recommend this place to everyone.

Thank you!

1  Thank Peter C

Dear Peter C,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I have personally passed on the fantastic comments about Ksenia, Luke & Steven, I am thrilled that we made your wife’s birthday just that little bit more special by providing you with some chocolates and champagne to show our appreciation.

I am really appreciate your feedback and am delighted that your stay at the Hotel went so well , I truly hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and would like to thank you again for providing such positive feedback.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My recent stay at the Mantra Legends for ten days for business was better than I expected. The room was comfortable and clean and had all the facilities close by. I was working shift work and required a quite room for much required sleep. The room was quiet and I dark enough to accommodate me in this endeavour. My only gripe is, one night when a young gentleman opened up the adjoining door, staying for "Schoolies". I contacted the concierge who came up straight away and locked the door. Otherwise highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Alex B,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

It’s always pleasing to read that someone enjoyed their stay so I’m thrilled you had a good time at the Hotel, I would like to apologise for the disturbance caused by another Hotel guest but I am glad it was attended too quickly.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Overall the stay was good for the price... However:
a) Make sure you pack your own hairdryer. They may as well not have them they are that bad.
b) Take your own shampoo, their products are hopeless.
c) The breakfast buffet was good but the food is left in the bay marie for too long and was a bit on the cold side, maybe shop around for brekky.
I noticed during our one week stay that several guests from other hotels were using the pool. this is because the door to the pool area opens to the foyer and anyone can sneak in. I would suggest added security there.

Hotel staff are exceptionally friendly.

And yes, please please please tell your guests booking in that it is schoolies. we left just in time.

1  Thank Mandy K

Dear Mandy K,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback on TripAdvisor.

I have taken note of the feedback provided about the breakfast buffet and I would like to inform you we have just upgraded to new bay-maries, its only with feedback like yours that we can identify areas of improvement.

I am extremely pleased that you found the Hotel staff to be exceptionally friendly and your overall stay was good, I would like to thank you again for providing such constructive feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Mantra Legends Hotel when you next travel to Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Came for 4 days to have a small break before going to a conference. Our first room was so tired and old...the carpet was stained and threadbare, the curtains were filthy, the beds were shot, the furniture all worn out and the bathroom fittings all loose or broken. So they moved us....the next room was marginally better on all aspects noted above but just. In this next room the bed pillows were so old you could feel the foam had broken up inside....horrible stuff. On the upside the front desk managers (don't get caught speaking to the young 'I don't care' inexperienced ones) were most accommodating....they are the only redeeming part of this run down establishment. As an added bonus the hotel and the booking agent neglected to tell us it was the start of 'schoolies'....the place was overrun with hundreds of exuberant noisy teenagers.....heaven - NOT!
I travel extensively in Asia and the quality of even the budget hotels far exceeds what's on offer here at the Legends. Maybe the traveller on a budget is happy with this standard of hotel - not this traveler though. I'll pay the extra few hundred dollars happily to make sure I get a decent bed, a clean room and a comfortable environment. Good value should not equate to poor standards.

Dear dantman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am naturally disappointed to receive feedback of this nature and I would like to sincerely apologise for the lack of information provided to you when making the booking and also the maintenance faults you experienced in both rooms.

I am pleased that you found the duty managers to be helpful and most accommodating , we have clearly fallen short in meeting your expectations and I can assure you I have followed this feedback up with both the housekeeping and maintenance teams.

I would like to thank you again for providing this feedback.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I got a good deal at this hotel via booking.com so booked a 2 night getaway for my partner and I. I am usually a 5 star resort type of girl... and when I stay on the coast I usually stay at a sister property on Cavill. I knew on going to Legends that I wasn't going to get my usual comforts, and I was prepared to be disappointed, though on arrival I was pleasantly surprised.

The entrance at the property is grand. You get a view of the pool straight away and it is stunning. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and even allowed us to have breakfast and leave our car parked underneath the building for a couple of hours after check out. The breakfast at the hotel is a little too expensive in my opinion, even for Surfers (at $19 a head). There is a little surf club not far from this property towards the beach which has all you can eat buffet breakfasts for $10 a head.

The room itself was smaller than I am used to, but had all the necessities. It had an ensuite with a bath and a shower (though the shower was over the bath, and as I am recovering from a car accident and back injury I found it difficult to climb into and out of the shower without assistance from my partner). The bed was super hard. It was really uncomfortable for myself but others may like the firmness of the mattress. There was a microwave, mini bar, bar fridge (with the small freezer part at the top, but this wasn't really cold enough to keep frozen foods frozen), and a cook top and tea and coffee making facilities. The room also had a TV with foxtel and a balcony overlooking the city/ canals. There was a bit of noise from the lifts at night (we were in room 1302).

The location of the property was great, even for someone with a back injury who cannot walk long distances. You are situated only about 2 blocks from Cavill Ave and the main shopping district of Surfers. There is also a fantastic restaurant across from this hotel (about 500mtrs towards cavill on the opposite side of the road to this hotel) called La Rustica. HIGHLY RECOMMEND eating here.

Overall I had a pleasant stay at legends. I believe it was the location and the staff that made it good for me. The rooms are getting a little old and the beds could definitely do with replacing, but if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep then this hotel would be fine for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank in0rbit

Dear inOrbit,

I am really appreciate your feedback and am delighted that your stay at the Hotel went so well , we strive to deliver the best customer service possible and I am glad we have been able to provide you with a great weekend away.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Arriving at the Mantra Legends was a complete nightmare. The whole of Surfers roads were in mayhem due to roadworks constructing the new light rail system and also the barriers for the forthcoming V8 racing circuit.!!! Our GPS had no idea and kept leading us into no through roads. It took us at least one hour to circumnavigate the deadends and finally find our way to the entrance.
I was horrified by the reception we received when checking in. I explained to the girl across the desk that we had been driving all day (most of it within the last kilometre!!) and it may be helpful to email/text potential customers the best route to take through the roadworks. I was met with a blank stare and asked for my name. Absolutely no sympathy or friendly gesture was made.
Our room was on the 19th floor and afforded a fabulous view of the ocean and then south along the beaches. The lights at night were beautiful.
The room was well appointed with a great kitchenette and everything we needed. Extremely comfortable bed.
We ate a seafood buffet in the hotel restaurant which was rather expensive and disappointing.

Room Tip: High up as possible for view and quiet