“Nice hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfast at the hotel is good too. ”

Mantra Legends Hotel
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The mantra hotel is nice and spacious and is located in the heart of gold coast city. The beach is like 2 mins walking distance and the market area and restaurants are all close by. The breakfast served at the hotel is also pretty good. The overall service is satisfactory. The room cleaning for the stay over guests isn't that great. Sometimes we would return to the hotel after a long day to find strands of hair lying on the bathroom floor. But overall it was a good experience.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vaishnavi M
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear ‘Vaishnavi M’

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our location and your breakfast experience. I do note your comments regarding cleaning levels and will be sure to pass this on to our housekeeping team.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Regards
Matthew Everson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,607)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I arrived well before check in and was advised my room was not yet ready. I didn't expect it to be and the reception staff member made a call to housekeeping and asked them to service my room as a priority. She said that she would call me as soon as it was ready. I drove a few blocks away, returned a hire car and walked back to the hotel. I needed to change before my conference started and I asked a different staff member if there was somewhere I could change. She informed me that my room was actually ready now. I'd only been gone for 20 minutes so was very happy with the quick turnaround.
The room itself was pretty good. There was plenty of room, except in the bathroom, and it was clean. The bed was comfortable although I did hear a bit of noise coming through from the corridor.
All in all I was happy with the service and the room and I would consider staying here again if I returned to Surfers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave L
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear “Dave L”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s great to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. It was also pleasing to see you appreciated the service provided by the team at Front Office.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

i was in the hotel with a group of 40 people -all families.
stayed in studio room with a full fledged kitchenette complete with vessels and a cook top, the usual tea maker, mini bar, more than sufficient stock of coffee and tea.
tea variety ranging from black tea to green tea to peppermint tea!!
sleep quality was good too -ideal for families travelling with children as their twin rooms have two queen size beds -good for 4 people.
almost all rooms have direct or partial sea view -anyways the hotel is just 50 ketres away from the surfers paradise- so take some time out and be at the powdery sand beach.
Room size is good, staff is very friendly.
Lobby is impressive.
Indian restaurant Tandoori Place is just across the road-20 metres from the hotel entrance.
what more to ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirtim23
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear ‘Kirtim23’

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our facilities and service provided by the team.

Hopefully you can return again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, looking forward to a lovely weekend. During our stay, we were very respectable as the service seemed friendly, although I found it a bit ridiculous to have to pay $3 to them so they can bring me up a bag of ice. But our stay was not the problem. After checking out, I received a phone call (which I missed, but a voicemail was left) informing us that a lamp was broken in our room and we would be responsible to pay for it. I called back and tried to explain that we never even used the lamps let alone broke anything in the room and they continued to insist that they do regular checks when people check out and we must've done it as they would've noticed if a previous customer did. I told them to email me the photos of the lamp which they did and said they wouldn't take money out until they either didn't hear from us in some time, or until I sent alternate payment arrangements, yet once I got off the plane home I noticed the transaction had already been processed before I even looked at the photos. So not only do they accuse us of damaging the room, they process transactions without even letting you have a chance to object. The service was average up until this, and definitely won't be returning, and will advise others not to stay here

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ainsley N

Dear ‘AinsleyN’

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at our hotel.

As we have been in communication directly with you regarding the matters outlined in your review, please feel free to contact us directly if you require any further clarification.

I do hope you have a change of mind and we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the future,

Matthew

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Attended a conference that was being held at the Mantra. Lovely room and facilities throughout the hotel. Lots of road works etc in progress around the hotel, but no disruption to sleeping. Would have liked the ocean view that a friend had, but none the less enjoyed my room, quiet, convenient and close to everything I needed on my trip.

Room Tip: An ocean view is lovely, I didn't have one but would ask for that next time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank healyj2112

Dear “HealyJ2112”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s always motivating to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From entering the WOW factor and opening the door of our apartment my jaw dropped in disappointment. Old tired looking apartment doors wouldn't slide open. Kitchen vents very dirty. Bathroom was looking fatigued and worn out fracture lines in the ceramic. Adjustment of hot water in the shower took 10mins before you could get it right....what a nightmare.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear “Anna C”

Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent experiences at Mantra Legends Hotel.

Obviously I am disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the departments concerned to ensure we maintain our very high standards at all times.

Hopefully we can make your next stay memorable!

Thanks
Matthew

Reviewed 26 May 2014

IN SUMMARY - don't waste your time here! If you're looking for a nice hotel with good rooms, service & better location within the same price range & area, book the WATERMARK or the HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR. Rooms are bigger, newer & the hotel facilities & service are better there.

CAR PARKING - is NOT guaranteed & when you check-in you are told "it's usually pretty busy on the weekend". They don't advertise that when you book & pay for your room. Alternate car park is 2 streets away & you have to park your car & walk back yourself.

ROOMS - old & dated. King bed is 2 beds pushed together with a hard bit right in the middle. The shower is tiny, if you are overweight, good luck even fitting in the shower!!!

STAFF - have their heads so far up their behinds it's ridiculous. We couldn't check-in 1/2 hour earlier than advertised time so we left to come back after an event much later & front desk were aware of this. They offered no explanation of how to get through the locked foyer door, front desk staff offered us no assistance & could easily see we were having trouble with it. Had to ask a couple who were entering at the same time to let us in.

I had to squeeze information from the staff when we checked-in as simple as what time is breakfast served and where is the breakfast served. Check-out was a matter of see you later, not "how was your stay" like most other professional hotels ask.

BREAKFAST - don't pay the extra money. The buffet is tiny, the fruit they offer is old & bruised.

Room Tip: The king suite is as small as my kitchen cupboard!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peta L
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear “Peta L”

Thanks for posting a review on your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

Obviously I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your experiences.

This is certainly not the type of feedback we receive and I do apologize that on this occasion we failed to deliver on the service excellence we are normally renowned for.

If you do happen to have a change of heart and decide to return to our hotel, please feel free to reach out to me on legends.res@mantra.com.au, so we can ensure you have an experience to remember for all the right reasons.