“Great hotel”

Mantra Legends Hotel
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I day yes here just over a year ago. We had a very pleasant stay. The room has a kitchen and amenities to cook your own meals although we chose to eat In the restaurant which was also very enjoyable. We were more than happy with our room which had a view to the ocean. We liked the location of this hotel too, it was a two minute walk to the beach which was very convenient. I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: This is a tall building. I was on one of the top floors. If you're not keen on heights, ask for...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear “Jo L”

We very much appreciate you reviewing your stay at Mantra Legends Hotel and that everything was to your expectations.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Mantra Legends stay was very comfortable, the staff was exceedingly friendly.
The rooms are well placed, the view was lovely and the accessibility to pubs , eateries and shopping was most convenient.
The staff is very friendly, the chef was very accommodating and made dish out of the menu for breakfast as we are vegetarians.
I recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear “shyamawasthi”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was pleasing to see you particularly appreciated the service provided by the team.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

stayed here overnight on the weekend in a studio room (1515). room adequate for an overnight stay and would be fine for 3 or 4 days but any longer and the room might. feel a bit small. there was a nice view of the ocean from the bed and room had a little kitchenette which would be fine if you wanted to make your own breakfast. the room wasn't spotless though ( dust on shelves, stains on bedhead and lampshade , and i thought the bathroom was looking really worn even thought this was supposed to be a newly refurbished room. the breakfast was fine without being great. This was included in the room charge.We had no trouble parking our car there as others have noted, I suppose it all depends on how full the hotel is. The room photo on the web looks a lot larger than the room actually is. Now to the staff. Absolutely everyone we came across at the hotel was really lovely and friendly, from the girls at reception to the concierge and the attendants at breakfast. i would award them all 5 stars. Congratulations to the Hotel for having such a great staff , it leaves a really good impression. i should mention also that the location is a very short walk to the beach and shops of Surfers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LJH32
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear “LJH32”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s great to see that you enjoyed your short stay with us and it was pleasing to see you particularly appreciated the service provided by the team.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The mantra hotel is nice and spacious and is located in the heart of gold coast city. The beach is like 2 mins walking distance and the market area and restaurants are all close by. The breakfast served at the hotel is also pretty good. The overall service is satisfactory. The room cleaning for the stay over guests isn't that great. Sometimes we would return to the hotel after a long day to find strands of hair lying on the bathroom floor. But overall it was a good experience.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vaishnavi M

Dear ‘Vaishnavi M’

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our location and your breakfast experience. I do note your comments regarding cleaning levels and will be sure to pass this on to our housekeeping team.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I arrived well before check in and was advised my room was not yet ready. I didn't expect it to be and the reception staff member made a call to housekeeping and asked them to service my room as a priority. She said that she would call me as soon as it was ready. I drove a few blocks away, returned a hire car and walked back to the hotel. I needed to change before my conference started and I asked a different staff member if there was somewhere I could change. She informed me that my room was actually ready now. I'd only been gone for 20 minutes so was very happy with the quick turnaround.
The room itself was pretty good. There was plenty of room, except in the bathroom, and it was clean. The bed was comfortable although I did hear a bit of noise coming through from the corridor.
All in all I was happy with the service and the room and I would consider staying here again if I returned to Surfers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave L
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear “Dave L”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s great to see that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. It was also pleasing to see you appreciated the service provided by the team at Front Office.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

i was in the hotel with a group of 40 people -all families.
stayed in studio room with a full fledged kitchenette complete with vessels and a cook top, the usual tea maker, mini bar, more than sufficient stock of coffee and tea.
tea variety ranging from black tea to green tea to peppermint tea!!
sleep quality was good too -ideal for families travelling with children as their twin rooms have two queen size beds -good for 4 people.
almost all rooms have direct or partial sea view -anyways the hotel is just 50 ketres away from the surfers paradise- so take some time out and be at the powdery sand beach.
Room size is good, staff is very friendly.
Lobby is impressive.
Indian restaurant Tandoori Place is just across the road-20 metres from the hotel entrance.
what more to ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirtim23
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear ‘Kirtim23’

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our facilities and service provided by the team.

Hopefully you can return again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, looking forward to a lovely weekend. During our stay, we were very respectable as the service seemed friendly, although I found it a bit ridiculous to have to pay $3 to them so they can bring me up a bag of ice. But our stay was not the problem. After checking out, I received a phone call (which I missed, but a voicemail was left) informing us that a lamp was broken in our room and we would be responsible to pay for it. I called back and tried to explain that we never even used the lamps let alone broke anything in the room and they continued to insist that they do regular checks when people check out and we must've done it as they would've noticed if a previous customer did. I told them to email me the photos of the lamp which they did and said they wouldn't take money out until they either didn't hear from us in some time, or until I sent alternate payment arrangements, yet once I got off the plane home I noticed the transaction had already been processed before I even looked at the photos. So not only do they accuse us of damaging the room, they process transactions without even letting you have a chance to object. The service was average up until this, and definitely won't be returning, and will advise others not to stay here

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ainsley N

Dear ‘AinsleyN’

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at our hotel.

As we have been in communication directly with you regarding the matters outlined in your review, please feel free to contact us directly if you require any further clarification.

I do hope you have a change of mind and we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the future,

Matthew