I was on a business visit, staying a night and two days at the Mantra Legends Gold Coast. The hotel is located in a prime spot, metres to the Surfer's Paradise beach and nightlife. Public transport access is excellent, with the new (to be commissioned) light rail running next to the hotel. Parking for guests is limited for a hotel of its size.
I stayed on the 18th floor in a studio, with a king bed. The hotel is undoubtedly a bit dated. However, the studio was spacious, clean and comfortable. It included a bedroom area, balcony, kitchenette and bath, on the smaller side. The bed was comfortable enough. The lighting in the room was not the best and it would have been nice to have plug sockets next to the bed for charging mobile devices. There are some which power the lamps and clock, but it requires some manoeuvring to get access to them. The room had a small flat screen TV with clear reception and wide range of choices in channels. The kitchenette, complete with stovetop, microwave and dishwasher, although having little use for my needs on this occasion, is a most useful addition for those on holiday. The bathroom, though small, included a bath tub, was clean and adequate. The room service menu appeared to be offering a variety of choices and appeared reasonably priced for comparable hotels.
I was not happy at all with the room air-conditioning. Admittedly, I have little tolerance for the cold and like to have the room as warm as possible, especially at nights when the outside temperature is in single digits. Not to mention waking up to a cold room. There was a thermostat in the room but clearly it was either not working or there must have been a central override. I did call up housekeeping and they were very obliging, but not of much help in resolving the issue. This was a significant inconvenience because I had to work late.
The food, provided at my meetings was well catered, and I must admit that being the only vegetarian in my group, I was looked after well (this likely bodes well for dining enthusiasts who may want to condider the Mantra's Fables restaurant). Then again, perhaps the most positive experience of my stay was the efficient, friendly, pleasant and helpful staff. Collectively, the best bunch I have encountered in quite a while. Check in and check out were reasonably quick. A gentleman from the reception even came down to the basement car park to find a spot for my car when I returned back after running an errand that night and found the car park full!
I would consider another stay at the Mantra Legends. In summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Legends rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, in-house movies, wireless connectivity and most feature a private balcony and the option of upgrading to a deluxe (refurbished) room. We offer exceptional conferencing facilities as well as a beautiful outdoor pool area, fully equipped gym and steam room. We offer guest services including 24 hour reception, Limited undercover parking is available for one car only per room at a cost of $19 per day payable direct to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra Legends Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Legends Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Legends Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia