“Great deal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Buderim, Australia
“Great deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This accomm was an all round recommendable experience. At around $100/night incl. buffet breakfast (which was excellent), this is a great deal. Staff were excellent, especially at breakfast... Cooked poached eggs for me on demand. Room service for dinner really good...large meal. My room looked over the ocean, quiet, modern, clean, w/balcony, little kitchenette suitable for making breaky/lunch. Walk to the beach in seconds + night markets and every kind of restaurant. Secure parking underneath however is expensive at about $17/night. I wasn't told that I had to pay for parking so they took it off my bill...phew!

Room Tip: I would pay a bit extra and get ocean view:)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear “Deborah P”

We very much appreciate you reviewing your stay at Mantra Legends Hotel and pleased that everything was to your expectations.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the future!

Matthew Everson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Overall, we had no major problems with our experience at the Mantra legends. However, the room was a bit outdated, for instance our bed consisted of two single beds being stuck together and the bathroom looked the same as my grandma's (old!). There was no fan and not even a shower screen to block the draft from leaving the door open due to the lack of fan! But mostly our problem resided with the gym.

The gym carried a thick stench, which you should seriously check right now because it smells toxic! I even had to cut my work outs short because the air smelt so bad! Whoever reads this from the hotel please go stand near the dumbbell rack (right near the TV) and I guarantee you will amazed that we managed to stay in there for 40 mins at a time! The putrid smell was compounded by the fact that there was no form of air conditioning, not even a fan! For the comfort of future guests looking to exercise, I strongly suggest installing a fan and some air fresheners! Also, the channel on the gym TV really needs to be changed. It was like wallpaper to my ears. It was not even remotely motivational at the best of times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear ‘Ash C’

Thanks for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

We have investigated your comments regarding the odor in the gym but however it seems that this is no longer an issue. We will pay close attention to this to ensure there is no return. The TV channel has been adjusted to a more upbeat listening selection.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We been staying for 4nights in room 0406 check-in 9-July check-out 13-July 2014, everything goes well the 1st 3 night but the last night the room beside us were making so so so many noises, laugh super loud and even smoking. We was arranged to a link-room type of unit (there's an access door in the middle of our unit) so we can totally smell the smokes, we are force to open the balcony door to let the smelly air out so my 2yo gal didn't wake up of cough from sleep due to the bad air circulation.

I am not sure about does our unit is located in smoking allowed area or what, as this room was booked by hubby's company agent so i am not making any remarks to choose a non-smoking room which is least trigger allergy to my 2yo.

Anyway we do enjoy our stays overall, the buffet breakfast are great~ coffee are good, yogurts that my gal loves so much!

Thanks for the hospitality and helps to post out our postcard and we still looking forward the arrival ^^ Keep it up the good job guys. All the best~!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear “veorence”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that all our rooms and internal areas are non-smoking and in the future if you ever experience a guest not adhering to this, feel free to bring it to our attention and our team will address the matter immediately.

Thanks & warmest regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hi we stayed her for 5 days. Rooms, service were really good. Will definitely
recommend to other people. Location was prefect near beach and city center.Affordable breakfast package would have a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear “Dee23p”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

It’s great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was pleasing to see you particularly appreciated the service provided by the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Southport, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was on a business visit, staying a night and two days at the Mantra Legends Gold Coast. The hotel is located in a prime spot, metres to the Surfer's Paradise beach and nightlife. Public transport access is excellent, with the new (to be commissioned) light rail running next to the hotel. Parking for guests is limited for a hotel of its size.

I stayed on the 18th floor in a studio, with a king bed. The hotel is undoubtedly a bit dated. However, the studio was spacious, clean and comfortable. It included a bedroom area, balcony, kitchenette and bath, on the smaller side. The bed was comfortable enough. The lighting in the room was not the best and it would have been nice to have plug sockets next to the bed for charging mobile devices. There are some which power the lamps and clock, but it requires some manoeuvring to get access to them. The room had a small flat screen TV with clear reception and wide range of choices in channels. The kitchenette, complete with stovetop, microwave and dishwasher, although having little use for my needs on this occasion, is a most useful addition for those on holiday. The bathroom, though small, included a bath tub, was clean and adequate. The room service menu appeared to be offering a variety of choices and appeared reasonably priced for comparable hotels.

I was not happy at all with the room air-conditioning. Admittedly, I have little tolerance for the cold and like to have the room as warm as possible, especially at nights when the outside temperature is in single digits. Not to mention waking up to a cold room. There was a thermostat in the room but clearly it was either not working or there must have been a central override. I did call up housekeeping and they were very obliging, but not of much help in resolving the issue. This was a significant inconvenience because I had to work late.

The food, provided at my meetings was well catered, and I must admit that being the only vegetarian in my group, I was looked after well (this likely bodes well for dining enthusiasts who may want to condider the Mantra's Fables restaurant). Then again, perhaps the most positive experience of my stay was the efficient, friendly, pleasant and helpful staff. Collectively, the best bunch I have encountered in quite a while. Check in and check out were reasonably quick. A gentleman from the reception even came down to the basement car park to find a spot for my car when I returned back after running an errand that night and found the car park full!

I would consider another stay at the Mantra Legends. In summer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Hotelanatomist
Dear ‘Hotelanatomist’

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

We appreciate your detailed feedback and positive comment regarding the hotel and the service offered by the team. I do note your comments regarding the room heating and please be assured we are attending to that as a matter of course due to the slightly cool weather the Gold Coast has been recently experiencing.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights last week. Located in a very good location, close to the beach, shops and the restaurants..The staff were very friendly and could accommodate any reasonable requests.Service was nice

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anish K
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear “Anish K”

Thanks for taking the time to review Mantra Legends Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here with a friend for a weekend as I was able to get good travel agent rates. The Standard room was a bit dated, the beds felt a bit springy, it was nothing special. I did like the small balcony which we could see the ocean from if we sat out there. Only just enough room for two people though. We also received a bottle of wine on arrival however the bottle opener was so blunt we had to take it down to the bar which was a tad embarrassing.

The hotel was in a good location, however a LOT of construction going on (as there always is in Surfers) made it difficult to walk around sometimes. Only a short walk to the beach, Caville Ave, restaurants and shops.

The hotel itself was fine enough, clean and the pool was great. I probably wouldn't stay here again but it wasn't bad for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessmaggie
Mantra8, General Manager at Mantra Legends Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear ‘jessmaggie’

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mantra Legends Hotel.

Your constructive feedback is most welcome and we do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.