My best friend and I have just returned from 2 days at Paradise Resort. I remember what the place was like in 1989 when it was called "Ocean Blue Resort". It hadn't changed much except now I returned as a mother of a 7 and 9 year old. My clean freak friend found the interconnecting suites 'adequate' and so did I. We utilised the services of the Kids Club on both evenings and went to the local Southport Surf Club for dinner and drinks. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the kids club for the 4 hours both evenings. They even wanted to stay another night as they didn't want to miss the Talent Quest night!!! Alas, it was time to go home. Both families enjoyed the water park in the complex - the 3 water slides were a real hoot! If you're a couple with minimal baby sitting options in your life and want some time away but are restricted to including your children, I can thoroughly recommend this accommodation. I am not sure about more than 3 nights in 'studio' type accommodation with a family however...but can thoroughly recommend it for a quick 1 - 2 night getaway to recharge - mainly due to the 4 hours of kids club which can be from 10am - 2pm or 4pm - 8pm.
The Handymart downstairs was utilised often. I have read the other reviews on this website stating the Marriott down the road would be a better option, however, having stayed at both establishments this week, I would have to say sure, Marriott for luxury and room service but definitely Paradise Resort for kiddy fun (ours ranged from 7 - 12 year olds!).
This place gets the thumbs up from me and my kids!
We are already planning our next escape.
(No, I am not a bogun.....just love watching my kids have fun!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as Heaven for Kids and a Paradise for Parents! Where every accommodation package includes up to 4 hours of supervised care for every child 0-12years per day in the famous Zone 4 Kids Club, valued at $40each. The Zone 4 Kids Club is fully supervised which allows parents time to escape the daily routine and indulge in some holiday sightseeing or precious down time. There is also a giant Kids Water Park right in the centre of the resort, an indoor and outdoor playground, a permanent ice-skating rink plus a whole range of free daily activities and entertainment. And while the kids are looked after parents can rediscover the art of relaxation in the exclusive Zone 4 Adults. The outdoor spa area features a large heated spa and lounge chairs offering parents a place to unwind and soak up the sunshine 'child free'. Complete with the lagoon pool and spa, gym, bistro, cafe and bar Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia