I was a bit concerned about our stay here after reading the reviews and having two sets of friends stay here over the summer and not like it. We however, LOVED it!
Contrary to what others think, I think it is great value. The rooms are clean and well set up, although I do think air conditioners in both rooms of the family resort rooms would be good because while we were there one room was always freezing while the other a bit hot. The kitchenette is well fitted out, although a fridge with a freezer rather than a chiller would be more useful. The corridors are looking a bit tired but if you focus on the other attributes (and given you don't spend much time in them or the rooms) it is no big deal. I certainly will be choosing this type of resort over pure luxury with no kid friendly facilities while my kids are young.
The rooms are cleaned everyday and everyone at the resort was very friendly. We ate at the poolside cafe and the bistro and found them to be reasonably priced and the food was quite good. They are not fine dinning establishments but they are not advertised as such. I would compare the food to that which you would get a club and probably comparably priced too. The food was quick to come out and they again have thought of the kids and have plenty of high chairs and booster seats and provide coloring pages and pencils at the table.
The games and DVDs are limited and we found both the DVDs we borrowed scratched and not able to be played but again a small thing when we were not in the rooms much. The people at reception and the Discovery desk were very helpful and the mini mart, although pricey (not unexpected) was well stocked.
My kids loved the kids club and went everyday. They tried the morning and night sessions. The carers were really lovely with the kids. The kids had a ball although my eldest is 8 and I think we will probably only get a couple more years out of the kids club. It goes up to age 12 but I think kids over 10 might find it a bit to focused on the younger ones. It is great having a babies room at the kids club. My 2 and a half year old happily went off everyday to it and in fact stood at the door of our room every morning chanting sweetly "kids club, kids club" and shouting "horray" when we finally left to go there. This is notwithstanding the fact that he has never been in child care before. I put much of that down to the carers. My kids spent hours in the pool and the water parks and we really enjoyed watching them have so much fun! We had a guilt free 4 hour break from the kids everyday knowing that they wanted to be at the kids club with their newly made friends and then we were able to have such a fabulous family time around the pool area. The bigger kids water park was so much fun for us adults too and I was very grateful they weren't overly strict on the age limits because my adventurous two year old was much more taken by the bigger kids water park and spent most of his time with us there. It would be hard if you were on your own with kids of different ages because there is quite a space between the two water parks but we tended to just use one. The pool is a good size (although may be crowded in peak times) and the spa a nice warm temperature. There are many umbrellas around now providing shade but a few more would be good especially at the table and chairs. It is truly a great set up for kids.
I sent an email before we went requesting a quiet room to enable my two year to have an afternoon nap. I was impressed as I got an immediate response and we were given a quiet room in wing 3 (along Birt st). I was very grateful for this. We were in room 3308 a family resort room with a main bedroom and a smaller bedroom.
Ok, so if you are looking for luxury and are not coming for the kids activities you may not like this resort. But if you are here purely for a family holiday with young kids then this place is for you! My friends stayed in the really peak times and they didn't like it but from what I understand it was very crowded and so not so pleasant. We stayed outside of general school holidays and it was fabulous. At times we were the only ones in the pool and spa! So if you can, pick your times. It looks like it gets busy on weekends so mid week might be better if you are coming for a shorter stay. We stayed for 6 nights and could have stayed longer.
I have no hesitation recommending this place as a good family holiday place and we will definitely be back, I have already been checking my calendar!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as Heaven for Kids and a Paradise for Parents! Where every accommodation package includes up to 4 hours of supervised care for every child 0-12years per day in the famous Zone 4 Kids Club, valued at $40each. The Zone 4 Kids Club is fully supervised which allows parents time to escape the daily routine and indulge in some holiday sightseeing or precious down time. There is also a giant Kids Water Park right in the centre of the resort, an indoor and outdoor playground, a permanent ice-skating rink plus a whole range of free daily activities and entertainment. And while the kids are looked after parents can rediscover the art of relaxation in the exclusive Zone 4 Adults. The outdoor spa area features a large heated spa and lounge chairs offering parents a place to unwind and soak up the sunshine 'child free'. Complete with the lagoon pool and spa, gym, bistro, cafe and bar Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia