“Great family holiday where we all got to do things we love to do!”

Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Great family holiday where we all got to do things we love to do!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I was a bit concerned about our stay here after reading the reviews and having two sets of friends stay here over the summer and not like it. We however, LOVED it!

Contrary to what others think, I think it is great value. The rooms are clean and well set up, although I do think air conditioners in both rooms of the family resort rooms would be good because while we were there one room was always freezing while the other a bit hot. The kitchenette is well fitted out, although a fridge with a freezer rather than a chiller would be more useful. The corridors are looking a bit tired but if you focus on the other attributes (and given you don't spend much time in them or the rooms) it is no big deal. I certainly will be choosing this type of resort over pure luxury with no kid friendly facilities while my kids are young.

The rooms are cleaned everyday and everyone at the resort was very friendly. We ate at the poolside cafe and the bistro and found them to be reasonably priced and the food was quite good. They are not fine dinning establishments but they are not advertised as such. I would compare the food to that which you would get a club and probably comparably priced too. The food was quick to come out and they again have thought of the kids and have plenty of high chairs and booster seats and provide coloring pages and pencils at the table.

The games and DVDs are limited and we found both the DVDs we borrowed scratched and not able to be played but again a small thing when we were not in the rooms much. The people at reception and the Discovery desk were very helpful and the mini mart, although pricey (not unexpected) was well stocked.

My kids loved the kids club and went everyday. They tried the morning and night sessions. The carers were really lovely with the kids. The kids had a ball although my eldest is 8 and I think we will probably only get a couple more years out of the kids club. It goes up to age 12 but I think kids over 10 might find it a bit to focused on the younger ones. It is great having a babies room at the kids club. My 2 and a half year old happily went off everyday to it and in fact stood at the door of our room every morning chanting sweetly "kids club, kids club" and shouting "horray" when we finally left to go there. This is notwithstanding the fact that he has never been in child care before. I put much of that down to the carers. My kids spent hours in the pool and the water parks and we really enjoyed watching them have so much fun! We had a guilt free 4 hour break from the kids everyday knowing that they wanted to be at the kids club with their newly made friends and then we were able to have such a fabulous family time around the pool area. The bigger kids water park was so much fun for us adults too and I was very grateful they weren't overly strict on the age limits because my adventurous two year old was much more taken by the bigger kids water park and spent most of his time with us there. It would be hard if you were on your own with kids of different ages because there is quite a space between the two water parks but we tended to just use one. The pool is a good size (although may be crowded in peak times) and the spa a nice warm temperature. There are many umbrellas around now providing shade but a few more would be good especially at the table and chairs. It is truly a great set up for kids.

I sent an email before we went requesting a quiet room to enable my two year to have an afternoon nap. I was impressed as I got an immediate response and we were given a quiet room in wing 3 (along Birt st). I was very grateful for this. We were in room 3308 a family resort room with a main bedroom and a smaller bedroom.

Ok, so if you are looking for luxury and are not coming for the kids activities you may not like this resort. But if you are here purely for a family holiday with young kids then this place is for you! My friends stayed in the really peak times and they didn't like it but from what I understand it was very crowded and so not so pleasant. We stayed outside of general school holidays and it was fabulous. At times we were the only ones in the pool and spa! So if you can, pick your times. It looks like it gets busy on weekends so mid week might be better if you are coming for a shorter stay. We stayed for 6 nights and could have stayed longer.

I have no hesitation recommending this place as a good family holiday place and we will definitely be back, I have already been checking my calendar!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We were in Wing 3 along Birt avenue and we were not disturbed by noise at all...
2 Thank TheTrommies
GENERAL_MANAGER_DB, General Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Trommies,

Thank you so very much for your kind review of Paradise Resort. We are delighted that you all enjoyed yourselves and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

David and the Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here. Great family facility for young children up to about 10 years old. Kids loved the water park facilities and Z4K Kids Club, and we got to just relax, which was the aim of the break. We learnt from last time that the food was rather average, so we had breakfast in our room (fruit, muffins etc as there was only a fridge and tea/coffee facilities) and went out for dinner each night. It's not that the food is bad there, it is just more like Sizzler, rather bland buffet style. Rooms are adequate for the money paid. The air-conditioning seemed to only have a choice of really cold, or if it was off the room got stuffy. They make a point of telling you not to leave windows open, presumably for the theft risk.

Room Tip: Our room was on main road side, so was very noisy as you would expect. Next time will choose one ove...
1 Thank Migoustouse
Dear Migoustouse Family,
Many thanks for you review of Paradise Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and intend to return to enjoy a pool view room.

We were a little cofused by your comment that we have a "Sizzler, rather bland Buffet style". Due to feedback from our guests we stopped done buffet style dinner back in July 2011.

Whilst we still offer a continental style breakfast in the bistro all hot foods are cooked from the kitchen and the Cafe is either menu items or a display cabinet.

kind regards
David and The Team
sydney
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Spent a week from the 18th December to 24th December 2011 in a resort room. Total cost for 6 nights including 6 breakfasts for 2 adults and 2 children under 4 was $1008. I personally found this to be very good value. The price also included 4hours per day for both kids in the kids club. This included the day we arrived and the day we left. Thats 7 by 4 hour sessions for each child (56hours of child care included in the price). We had pretty good weather and used the brand new pool, spa and waterpark facilities everyday. Our room had no kitchenette so we ate breakfast lunch and dinner in the two restaurants and charged it back to the room. We found the restaurants to be very clean and food pretty good but a little expensive for families and by the end of the week were wishing for a bit more variety on the menu. Why didnt we go out to eat more often I hear you ask - used to live on the gold coast and know every inch of it, wanted to have rest not a walking holiday.

Only problem that I found with the room was that the positioning of the aircon unit meant that it simply blew cold air directly onto the beds all night. I lost the battle with the misses to have the aircon on at night so I found the room a bit stuffy. (Maybe they should have moved the beds to the other wall out of the direct line of fire of the aircon).

We stayed in a room on the Birt ave side it was very quiet. Room service cleaned our room everyday and were very quick to replace a blown light bulb. Overall we had a great rest, the kids had activities to keep them busy all day and they were sleeping by 8pm every night, which indicated to me that they had been very active all day.

Well worth the money and while it is not a 5 star resort, I didnt expect it to be. We will be definitely be going back. (just hope they move the beds to the other side of the room)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank richard s
docklands
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Worst hotel I've ever been too. I am writing this as i regret booking here for the 5 kids.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank dininglover69
Dear Dininglover69,
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience and regret coming here.

Like all products not everyone likes the same thing.

We hope you are able to find a family resort that better meets your expectations

kind regards

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We have recently returned from a 5 night holiday at Paradise. Prior to going to the resort I spent time reading the reviews on this site and was very close to pulling the pin on staying here. I am glad we didn't!! Our room was basic, but overall clean, there were no signs of mould or any other nasties!! The facilities are great and if you are organised you don't have to eat every meal on site ( a 15 min walk with 2 slow walkers to the closest Coles). The cost of the meals are fairly competitive to what you would usually spend at any resort. The kids club was great and had a wide variety of activities for the kids and the staff were friendly. I certainly acknowledge that the site is looking tired and needs a uplift - coat of paint, change of carpet, some better quality linen and an air conditioner in the 2nd bedroom, but the water park is hours of entertainment!! I don't know whether I would choose to go at peak times as I think the pool and other facilities would have been overcrowded.

Room Tip: We stayed wing 3 in a room that overlooked Birt Rd, it was away from the pool
Reviewed 28 January 2012

As with everyone else here I agree the kids club and slides are awesome however the rooms are super overpriced, sad, dated and a bit grubby. The bathroom had mould growing in the shower tiles and reminded me of a late 80's motel. The bed linen is faded and worn and about 10 years old. The sandwiches were about $8 and stale, the fruit salad $10 and fruit half rotten. The adjoining kids bedroom no aircon (we are in QLD!) all for about $280 per night.. Hmmmmmmmmmm

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Babydoll2804
GENERAL_MANAGER_DB, General Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Babydoll2804,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that you found the sandwiches and fruit not fresh. As you would have seen we were exceptionally busy during your stay so I was very surprised on addressing the issue I emphasised the importance of rotation of items with the staff to ensure this issue is prevented.

In relation to the cost being over priced, $280 is not for just for the cost of a hotel room as with many other establishements, it includes daily supervised kids club access and creche access, daily activities around the pool, the two water slide attractions and the outdoor activity playground. We offer all these services as a package built into the room rate.

Whilst the rooms are dated, we do offer extremely good value in terms these activities for the children, our focus since purchasing the property last year has been to update the areas most utilised and were the biggest enjoyment is had rather than a room that is basically only used to sleep in.

I am however pleased to advise that we have commenced upgrading our rooms and will continue to do so.

Once again thank you for your time and feedback

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was so nervous after reading some not so good reviews about this place, but I went in with low expectations and I was blown away with the place. We stayed in the new bunkhouse rooms which were great. Yes the bathrooms and carpets need a refresh but they are still so clean. They put my washed dishes away every day which I thought was a nice bonus. We didnt use the kids club as only one small child with us but they looked great. Pools were excellent. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Thetraveller789
Dear Thetraveller789,
Many thanks for your kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and look forward in welcoming you all back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#8 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Sea World Resort
Sea World Resort
#2 of 5 in Main Beach

Been to Paradise Resort Gold Coast? Share your experiences!