Paradise Resort Gold Coast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$136
US$196
US$151
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$132
  • Beachfront
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$135
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Restaurant
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$146
  • Pool
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$167
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$227
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$109
1,502 results
All reviewskids clubice skatingmini martlaser tagjunior bunkhouserock climbingfamily roomjungle gymwater playkids paradiseloved the water parkbunk housezone kidsgreat for kidskids activitiesper childchild minding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were originally planning on renting a self contained apartment for an extended family trip that included our 4 children, mother in law, sister in law and my brother and try to keep to a smallish budget when we came across Zagane's Paradise Resort.

We ended up booking the connected rooms that contained a queen bed and a single bed, bathroom and balcony. Additional singles were brought up for the extra guests at no additional charge.

The decor is dated and daggy but you are not there for the rooms. The resort is a kids wonderland. There is the pool, spa, two waterparks with waterslides, and adventure playground, a rock climbing wall two kids clubs fully staffed and multiple activities daily.

Add to this the express public bus to the themeparks at the door and a 1 block walk to the beach and you have the ultimate kid friendly launching pad for a Gold Coast family holiday.

I will definitely take the kids back. My kids are twin 11 yo,4 yo and a 1 yo.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
GENERAL_MANAGER_DB, General Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Andrew and Family,
Thank you for your review. We are really greatful that you chose to stay at Paradise Resort rather than an apartment block and certainly appreciate your comments feedback and experiences of your stay.

It is great to see that you would like to come back and thank you for your support and loyalty.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We've just returned from a seven night stay at the Paradise Resort and would definitely recommend it to family & friends looking for a good family location. I was nervous as after we had booked I read a few negative reviews and was feeling fairly worried about what we'd gotten ourselves into - I shouldn't have - the resort was fantastic!

After a LONG day travelling we were greeted by reception staff and had a quick & painless check in. As a single parent travelling from interstate with two tired & cranky children an offer of assistance to get our bags to our rooms would have been nice but otherwise all was great. Quickly & easily found our room (1204) which was clean, tidy & pleasant. I would say that if you are expecting immaculate rooms then this property is not for you. The rooms are dated and there were a few stains on the carpet, an area of laminate peeled off near the sink in the bathroom and a few other MINOR things but for my family, we used the room to sleep in only so these things didn't bother us in the slightest. I understand that the property will be undergoing renovations and the rooms will be upgraded so these things will be sorted in time anyway. Shower was hot & lovely, kids had a bath a few times which was good too. Bar fridge in the room but I think it would be fantastic to have a microwave in the rooms too - my two love having a hot milo before bed but it just wasn't possible to do.

The real attraction for my family was the water parks. We spent time there everyday and quite a few days we were there from morning until late afternoon and then back for a spa after dinner! My kids (10 & 6 year olds) loved it and were entertained for hours. I loved the comfy sun lounges and the ease of visibility and supervision. I tried a few cocktails from the poolside bar which were yummy and the customer service was great - friendly, fast and reasonably priced.

I had occasion to call reception twice - once to get an additional blanket which arrived within about 10 minutes and the second time to request a clothes horse which again was delivered in a very prompt fashion.

In terms of the Kids Club I was nervous about booking my son in as he is autistic and doesn't cope well with new environments. He was happy to go in but soon became distressed - I was extremely happy with the way the staff handled the situation and couldn't recommend them highly enough. My daughter enjoyed it but didn't want to go back without her brother and that definitely wasn't going to happen!!

The location is fantastic with just a few minutes walk to the beach and a 10 minute (with slow, little people walkers!!) into Surfers Paradise.We used the tour desk to obtain information about theme park tickets and public transport - they were both knowledgeable and friendly. Public transport is a breeze with the bus stop literally at the front door of the resort. Reception booked a taxi for us on our last day and were happy to keep an eye on our bags while we picked up the hire car.

I'm really happy that we booked this property and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I would love to know when the upgrade to the rooms are expected to be completed because we would love to go back and have another great holiday!!

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to stay in a room facing the pool area - it gets fairly noisy!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear BICCanberra,

Many thanks for your very thorough review of your recent stay with us. We are really greatful for your kind works and your honest appraisal.
We will be commencing the upgrade of our rooms in February next year and hopefully finishing the first block by mid June 2013.
We look forward in welcoming you back and once again thank you for your comments.
kind regards

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We normally stay a 5 star hotels but thought this would be a good stay for the kids and were sold by the advertising words " kids paradise". Unfortunately it's horrible in every aspect. Decor, furniture, bed sheets, air conditioner, drawers, carpet, pillows, mattrices, service, food, breakfast, toilet paper......it's all horrible. It's extremely noisy and walls are paper thin. If you think your kids can be noisy, wait until u get woken up each day from someone else's screaming child. Oh and the rooms air conditioner will make u sick. Kids club seems ok though. Overall a bad experience for the parents however kids are happy to be on holidays. This resort confirms the old saying "you get what you pay for". We will never be back even if someone paid us to.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Rabbitohs333

Dear Rabbitohs333,

Thanks for leaving your review of your recent stay. We are terribly sorry if you were mislead into thinking that Paradise Reosrt was a 5 Star Resort or offer the standards of a 5 Star.

We are glad that you felt you did "get what you paid for", and wish you all the best in finding somewhere that can offer you the standards, facilities and service you require.

kind regards
David & The Team

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I've written several reviews for this Resort and we've just returned from another trip there. We travel the world as a family and Paradise Resort is the only place the kids want to go when we go to Australia.

I can't speak highly enough of the staff. Everyone from the top down goes out of their way to make sure you feel welcome and to make your stay pleasurable. If there are any problems with the rooms, they are sorted quick smart and nothing is a problem.

The addition of the waterpark is a blessing. We had visitors who lived locally and they are going to come and stay for a weekend because they were blown away with the resort. Can't wait for the rooms to be upgraded. As many reviews state they are dated, but seriously, who spends much time in the room when on holiday? Still, it will be nice to see them updated.

We'll be back as soon as we can. We just love it!

Room Tip: Get a family resort room if staying more than a couple of nights
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Katriana

Hi Katriana,
Great to see that you had a good time again and that all went well. Thanks for your kind words and for being such a great advocate of Paradise Resort. The team here certainly appreciate such loyal and supportive guests such as you and your family. It is, as always, our pleasure to have you with us.

We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Paradise Resort from August to September 2010 on our first night we had dinner at their bistro we the plates weren't clean they still had food left on them the one my son picked up had egg on it if I hadn't noticed my son could have been in hospital I reported it to a waitress that night I was up all night. The next morning I reported this to front desk a lady I spoke to said Id be compensated ah what a joke I had to meet the bistro manager who checked with the waitress who denied everything. When I got home I rung again (as the meal cost me $96) and was told the manager would ring me back well he did and the way I was spoken to I felt like i was something on the bottom of his shoe he told me he'd send me a refund what a joke still NOTHING. Also everything is so expensive don't plan on having a good night for couple of hours without the kids cause you'll run out of money also the kids club well ring you within an hour to pickup your child this happened every night bar one night . If you knew we could have got our money back and gone somewhere else we would've because it wasnt a fun holiday. We had to wash the bowls and spoons before we could use them the ones in your room.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY AT THE PARADISE RESORT. Weve only just come back from the gold coast this time we stopped in an apartment we had a complete blast. No kids club but there was so many the kids could do we had plenty of mum and dad time
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen H

Dear Karen H,
We are confused as to why you would wait two years to leave a review. You have highlighted that you stayed in 2010, since then there are new owners, and we have invested over $3 million in upgrading the resort. Obviously we are extremely sorry that you had such a bad experience however after two years it is very hard to follow up,
Maybe if you are on the Gold Coast again you could drop in and see the new facilities and standards.
Kind regards