“Good for families. Few suggestions could make it super awesome.”

Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Return trip one year after first. Still loved it but a few things could have been better. I upgraded this time to renovated captains quarters with an aqua view. Not sure if all rooms are like this in that section but we didn't have a bath. We had one previously in the older rooms and I just assumed all rooms would have them. Room itself was first rate. Renovated room decor etc is modern, clean and comfortable. We did have an issue with a cockroach for four nights in a row. I saw staff after the first encounter and they assured me they would get maintenance to check the room. I think they sprayed but when I went to confirm with reception I just got told "maintenance have been in so must have sorted it".. unfortunately the reception boy didn't seem to care too much and unfortunately my dear friend Mr cockroach reappeared. As a regular Gold Coast traveler I know lots of cockroaches inhabit the place so I went to buy spray. That night hubby and I encountered Mr cockroach again and we won. Maybe spray should be made available in rooms. Pool area first rate. Kids zone fantastic and four hour session was great. I'm an over protective mummy who let her 3 yr old attend and he thought it was fab. Staff in there very friendly. Cleaners wonderful and friendly. Restaurant food good and some of the female staff were amazing. One girl in particular who was in training was ever so helpful and friendly toward our two young ones. Wish I had thought to get her name. Few things I suggest could improve; drawers in captains quarters. Was only small thin cupboard and with four of us our stuff was everywhere. Oh and try and invest in better brekkie toasters. You could spend a lot of time standing by them reloading your toast to get brown. Also man steaming floors around pool... 6.30am was a little early.. Overall... we will be back. Price great for us. Stayed 7 nights and got brekkie and dreamworld passes.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm bath in the room if you need one. Pool view is fabulous.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Alethea M, Sales Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Tiffany M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your return stay at the resort. It is fantastic to see you enjoyed your stay in Captains Quarters. The rooms in Captains Quarters all have showers with baby baths available on request, your feedback regarding the bathroom design will be noted for discussion on our future room renovations.

It is clear to see you are aware of the creepy crawlies that can appear in the humid climates and I appreciate your understanding, however the receptionist response to your concerns could have been more empathetic by your account, this will be followed up with the department manager.

I am so pleased you were able to enjoy the pool area, restaurant and that your children had a great time in the kids club. It is wonderful to hear comments regarding our staff, they are a very dedicated and hard working team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Well I was extremely hesistant about staying here after reading previous reviews. They all seem to reflect the unrenovated rooms (priced accordingly). We stayed in a renovated King Bunk House. From the clean well kept facilities, reasonably priced food/drink and mini mart and the sensational service and activities for the kids we had a fantastic holiday. I hope Zagames buys into more resorts as the management team know what a family wants.

Dear KateJ

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay in our King Bunkhouse. We do review and consider all guest feedback and use this feedback to make decisions, this ensures we provide an enjoyable family experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another holiday.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Sometimes I think people have nothing better to do then complain, We stay at paradise resort for 5 days and we loved every minute here, we have three children aged 12,11 and 4 and they all begged to make sure we come back here again, one thing we wanted to make clear is that this is a resort for kids it's all about the kids and it's fantastic all these parents winging that's it's noisy of cause it's Noisy.. kids are noisy!!!! we ate both in the cafe and the restaurant and the food there was very very good we were really surprised at how good it was, all the staff here are lovely and helpful!! The only downfall would be the stuck up parents who think they are to good for this place, they need to pull their sticks out of their ....! And just let the kids enjoy this place as much as our whole family did!! We will def recommend this place to our friends and family and will be back in the not so distant future!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Chase1981
Chris N, Front Office Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Chase1981

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It appears you enjoyed the resort for exactly what we are. Kids can be noisy, but all the noise is from kids having fun.

I hope the "not to distant future" means you really don't wait to long.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed at this property back in May. i've been a bit of a slacker with reviews on tripadvisor.
But Ofcourse you wouldnt put couples or singles at this property. Its about a 10-15 minute walk to cavill ave. They have a pool for the kids and also an adults only pool. Wouldnt think to much about this property. Bunkhouse Rooms are colourful but it is like hotel style open plan so dont expect full kitchen and laundry factilies. They have a bistro downstairs for breakfast and dinner and also a little mini mart to buy things like biscuits, toothpaste and tea, etc

However they do have a kids club ranges from new born up to 12 years old and also their own ice skating rink. Lots to do for children.

Overall experience wasnt too bad. However we had a resort room and it did look a bit tired.. covers and curtains matched a bit was like staying at a motel. Our room was also by the main road and i could hear the traffic in the mornings although our windows were closed. I will recommend this property to families.

Room Tip: i recommend staying in the superior resort, bunkhouse, family rooms as i believe these are their new...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear missngoc

Thank you for writing your review. We are focused on providing a great family holiday, so we agree couples or singles maybe find this property not so relaxing. Thank you for pointing out that our rooms are not fully self contained. Our variety of rooms are resort style, however in addition to our facilities, it's what makes holidays so much fun. With 2 water parks, pool, spa, Ice Skating rink, playground and free kids club session, families can really enjoy themselves.

We are aware of the rooms need a revamp and as such invested $2.7m on completing the first 100 rooms with more planned. However your feedback of the curtains and bedspread matching is a valid point and as such is currently being reviewed to brighten and freshen up the rooms yet to undergo a full refurbishment.

If coming to Paradise Resort again, i certainly suggest giving Captain Quarters a go.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I first came from Perth to this resort with my eldest daughter when she was 5, she is now almost 18 and I have always wanted to come back with my youngest daughter who is almost 10 hoping to have the same experience and great memories. As I am a single parent I came with a friend and her daughter almost 12 and we shared a resort room from the 9th of October until the 15th. I was blown away yet again by how fantastic this resort still is and it far exceeded my memories of it. Our family is well travelled all over the world and yet we all came away saying "best holiday ever!" The staff were friendly, fun, courteous with a "nothing was too much trouble" attitude. The food was excellent with a great children's menu for $8 and good variety not just nuggets and chips! The prices for all the meals were good and the nightly poolside buffets were something to look forward to. We had plans to go out several times for dinner but just didn't want to leave as the menu was too good! The water park was so much fun for adults and kids alike and who ever put in the adults only zone with the hot tub perfectly placed to enjoy the last rays of sun deserves a medal! Our room was basic but had everything we needed for a non self catering holiday and was spacious even with 4 of us in there. Not only was our room spotless but the rest of the resort was to! Being older our kids didn't want to use the kids club but were breaking their necks to get back from the theme parks as they didn't want to miss out on the poolside activities! I am the first to complain directly when we travel if something isn't up to scratch or as we were expecting, but I honestly couldn't find fault with anything about the resort! The first night my daughter found the mattress on the roll away bed she was on a bit too hard, so I rang reception as it was after hours for housekeeping and asked if it was possible for her to have an extra mattress and within 15 minutes she was back in bed on top of two mattresses! My friend and I were joking that when the kids get too old to come, we may have to borrow other peoples children just to come back ha-ha! I, as a single parent managed to de-stress, relax, unwind and have fun too, which sadly traveling alone with children doesn't happen too often. I am definitely going to try and squeeze another trip in with my girls before they get too old. Well done to all the staff for making our holiday so great and always with a smile on your face. I cannot understand the negative reviews on here, what more can you want or expect from a family resort??? This resort has got it right for families, don't bother going overseas!

Room Tip: We stayed in a resort room - 1240 on Chloes Castle side which overlooked a quiet residential side st...
1  Thank Wendy71228

Dear Wendy71228

What a great review. We are so pleased you not only came back, but we have continued to impress you. We are all about families, creating ever lasting memories and allowing parents to unwind during their holidays. We often hear that opinions on kids club from about 10yrs+ can vary, so it is nice that we provide enough other activities to ensure your children were having fun.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We experienced a great family holiday at Paradise resort.
We stayed in a Superior room in the Captins Quarters which was modern, clean & very well kept.
The staff were all very friendly & helpful. There were plenty of activities to keep my children entertained, though they spent most of their time in the on-site water park, which they thought was great!
The food available was simply excellent. We ate at the resteraunt & the Cafe and both provided great food at affordable prices with great service. It was a holiday from cooking too!
A great place for a family holiday. Close to the theme parks & right in the heart of the Gold Coast!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Superior room in the captians quarters which was close to the water park. It was a gr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason C

Dear Jason C

How fantastic you and your family got to have a great stay. The water parks have been extremely popular since installation and is a common compliment we get, often parents are happy when they close so they can finally leave the pool area. All our staff enjoy the their jobs and this really shows when we receive feedback like this.

Hope you'll see you return to Paradise Resort soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We just spent 2 nights at Paradise kids resort. The first night we stayed in a newer family room with attached kids room with bunks and the second night we were in an old family room which was dirty, the carpet smelt mouldy, the bathtub was rusty, my son was scared to get in it thinking it was poo from another guest. We found this resort to be unbearable, we had 3 children ages 4, 5 and 8 and also stayed with my sisters family with their 3 children similar ages. The place feels like you cannot breath, it seems overloaded with people, felt like a trashy caravan park. The food terrible, the first night we had the seafood platter, $38 per person from memory, which consisted of 4 pathetic prawns, a couple of NZ greenlip muscles, a fat piece of smoked salmon which didnt taste right and fried fish and chips, absolute rip off. The bbq is also expensive $8 for a tiny plate for a child and $20 for small plastic plate, which is hard to put salad on then the bbq, you cannot go back, again rip off Our rooms were expensive, 5 star prices $ the first night in the newer room $374 without breakfast and the second night in the dirty room $329 without breakfast. We had trouble checking out we had asked for a late checkout when we checked in which we were told 11 is the latest, which we accepted, upon checkout the next day, our keys didnt work from early in the morning, luckily I was in the room to let my husband in who had been out jogging. When we returned aft breakfast we couldnt get in , a mile long wait in reception for people checking out. When I finally got served, they said we didnt have an late checkout booked, wrong! They cut our keys again, still couldnt get it, my husband was told again, you have no late checkout, this was ridiculous, finally a lovely maintenance guy let us in and replaced the batteries on the lock which was the problem. The reception guy turned up to check on us, I told him again we have late checkout, he wasnt friendly and by this time it was aft 10.30 and we hadnt packed, we said we will be out when this has packed due to the door problem and waiting for you in reception. I would never stay here again, it has no class, yes its a kids place but its a nightmare!

3  Thank lhayon

Dear Ihayon,

It's disappointing that you have decided to defame the hotel without acknowledging the features available to you during your stay. How were the waterparks, pool, spa, 4 hours of kids club per child per night, daily activities and adventure playground that is included in our room rate?

As you experienced on the first night in one of our fully refurbished room, we are aware that some of our rooms have aged and this is why we have upgraded 100 so far with more refurbishments planned in the future, again it appears you have neglected to provide feedback on this. I fail to see the connection with a caravan park and find this completely exaggerated. As mentioned above, our rates incorporate more than just a room, so comparing rates to any other property is difficult when they do not provide the same facilities that we have on site and available to you. In addition to the fact you as a family of 5, you would have been required to have a larger room than standard to accommodate you comfortably.

We are proud of the food we deliver and feel our prices are certainly competitive amongst the industry. Our chefs receive significant praise from guests and especially the pizzas made from scratch in house.

I hope that next time you visit the area, you find suitable accommodation for your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Sea World Resort
Sea World Resort
#2 of 5 in Main Beach
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort...
#3 of 33 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Paradise Resort Gold Coast? Share your experiences!