“Perfect resort for families with kids!!!”

Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Perfect resort for families with kids!!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My partner and I took our 2 children 4 and 2 to paradise resort over the Gc600 weekend. I must say the staff were exceptional! So helpfull and very welcoming! We stayed in one of the new superior resort rooms and it was very nice and modern and finally a motel room with a decent size tv!!!

also being the gc600 weekend it was so close to the track and still very cheap compared to other places near by!

Were going back in december we loved it so much!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Dylan K
Alethea M, Sales Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Dylan K

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and glad you enjoyed one of our new superior rooms.

Our team look forward to welcoming you back in December.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, WA
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was very apprehensive about staying here due to the large number of negative reviews in Tripadvisor. We paid an extra $20/night to upgrade to one of the renovated rooms at the back, and it was fine. The hotel is well located, close to eveything, and there are a HUGE number of options to keep the kids amused. There is an on site shop stocking most items, but very pricey.
The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.
Paradise resort doesn't pretend to be anything but what it is. It is kid orientated, a bit noisy, busy, and tattoos seem to be a prerequisite to be a hotel guest. If you are OK with that, it is fine.
If you want to sit quietly in the spa and sip Dom Perignon, this is not your place.

Room Tip: I can only speak from our experience, but the renovated rooms at the back away from the pool were qu...
1 Thank Trina Q
Dear Trina Q
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

You are right, we are as you have said 100% “kid orientated” and due to the popularity of the resort we are very busy and we do love the noise when it’s from the sound of kids having fun. We agree if you are a couple looking for a romantic quiet weekend away, we are not place to come.

Our newly refurbished superior rooms are proving to be very popular with our guests and from guest feedback well worth the upgrade, I am pleased you were able to enjoy one of these rooms.
We have a broad demographic of guests and we welcome all families to enjoy the Paradise Resort holiday experience, with tattoos or without.

I hope we can welcome you back to Paradise Resort for another family holiday.
sydney
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Gold Coast has a plethora of accommodation with fantastic water views, close to the entertainment and shopping precincts and possibly half the price offered by Paradise Resort, thanks to some deals sites. But having been on two family trips with toddlers and realising that we needed a break from them from time to time, we decided to go with Paradise Resort mainly because of the complimentary kids club. I had misgivings about the resort from the reviews below and also the image of the place teeming with screaming kids. And although the place was indeed teeming with kids, at the end of the day, I was simply happy that the boys (4 and 3) were happy and were not coming up to me every 2 minutes looking for something to do.

I was impressed that the resort had activities planned for kids throughout the day, despite it being a "shoulder" period. The boys enjoyed meeting the 4 mascots - Captain, Astro, Dusty and Cleo; the jelly-eating competition; the Family Movie night with popcorn and churrasco by the pool; and the scavenger hunt in the lobby. They also loved the water parks - 1 for the under 5s and the other for the more adventurous, the spa and the pool (although I wish the pool could have been a bit bigger). I know there was a spa designed for the adults but I didn't get to utilise this although it would have been nice. The boys were quite content to spend the whole day at the pools, while I was happy to sit by and watch. There was also a playground nearby but the boys were having too much fun by the water and it took some convincing to pry them away so we could walk 5 minutes down to the beach and 10 minutes to Cavill Avenue.

We used the kids club twice only, although our package included 1x kids club session daily. The kids club premises were massive and split into two sections: 0-2 years and 3-12 years. The 3-12 years were also split into two (3-4 and 5-12). To be able to leave the boys in the capable and friendly hands of the girls at the club for a couple of hours and to walk along the beach and have a nice uninterrupted dinner was total bliss.

We stayed in a family room in Dusty's Digs section and although it faced Ferny Avenue so we had some traffic noise, the room was spacious and clean with big comfortable beds. It would have been nice if we had been in a room facing a more serene view so we could have sat on the balcony while the boys had a nap, instead of watching TV, but this was only a minor gripe.

Most of the staff at the resort were quite friendly and it was nice to see them interact with the kids and seemingly genuinely enjoy children's company. I would definitely recommend this for all families and hope to be back soon.

2 Thank SydneyAimzster
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your stay with us.

It can be seen at first glance that our ‘price’ is slightly higher than our competitors, however our ‘value’ including free kids club, free daily activities, live entertainment, the experience and lasting holiday memories we provide easily outweighs the price difference.

We do aim to provide a holiday experience where the children are having fun and are entertained from morning until night year round, which as we all know makes the holiday so much easier for mum and dad!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise Resort soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

we had a wonderful time at paradise resort , the kids had a ball with so many activities to do. my husband and myself got to relax and enjoy watching the kids have such a good time , we stayed for 6 nights and wanted to add another but they where booked up which was a shame. our stay included fantastic nightly entertainment there was 2 nights of music - we loved both guys sing. i was very impressed with the kids club, and i felt that the resort really tried to make all the food affordable for all families which was all yummy and has a reasonable price mini mart also on site. we stayed in a newly renovated room which was very nice and clean, but i did see one of the older rooms and it seem fine too. my only advice is that if you can get a pool view room it is worth the extra bit of money than looking out onto the road. we would sit at night on our balcony and watch all the nightly entertainment and the kids in the pool having fun. all the staff where very accommodating to any needs. if i was to complain about anything it would be that my husband and myself where really looking forward to the adult only swimming area but after looking at it we didnt use it at all it was very uninviting just a hot corner looking out onto a dirty gravel carpark, maybe a few plants or a screen to make it a little more like you are in paradise would be nice, but i would certaintly recommend this place to any family wanting a holiday full of fun and entertainment we will defiantly be going back. thanks

Room Tip: pool view rooms is fantastic
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alethea M, Sales Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear leelou23

Thank you for your wonderful review of Paradise Resort.
It sounds like you experienced many of our facilities including our complimentary live entertainment, they are all very talented and do a wonderful job of enhancing the holiday atmosphere. The aqua view rooms are very popular and as you say worth the additional fee to view the activities and entertainment from your own balcony, I am pleased you enjoyed the new Superior Room.

We have noted guest feedback regarding the adult area and have added brush fencing with plants being a new addition in the near future to make the area even more inviting.
We do make every effort to ensure our food and beverage outlets are suitable and affordable for families, it is pleasing to see our guests are happy with our direction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Biggera Waters, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is one of the best places I have ever taken my grand children, they love it there. The in house prices for meals are also reasonable. Excellent Kids Club, one free session with plenty of activities.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hi Therese C

Thank you for your review of your stay with your grandchildren at Paradise Resort.

I am so pleased to hear your grandchildren enjoyed the kids club, it is such a fantastic facility for fun and a well deserved break for parents & grandparents. We do aim to keep our food and beverage prices affordable for families and great to hear you found them suitable.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Return trip one year after first. Still loved it but a few things could have been better. I upgraded this time to renovated captains quarters with an aqua view. Not sure if all rooms are like this in that section but we didn't have a bath. We had one previously in the older rooms and I just assumed all rooms would have them. Room itself was first rate. Renovated room decor etc is modern, clean and comfortable. We did have an issue with a cockroach for four nights in a row. I saw staff after the first encounter and they assured me they would get maintenance to check the room. I think they sprayed but when I went to confirm with reception I just got told "maintenance have been in so must have sorted it".. unfortunately the reception boy didn't seem to care too much and unfortunately my dear friend Mr cockroach reappeared. As a regular Gold Coast traveler I know lots of cockroaches inhabit the place so I went to buy spray. That night hubby and I encountered Mr cockroach again and we won. Maybe spray should be made available in rooms. Pool area first rate. Kids zone fantastic and four hour session was great. I'm an over protective mummy who let her 3 yr old attend and he thought it was fab. Staff in there very friendly. Cleaners wonderful and friendly. Restaurant food good and some of the female staff were amazing. One girl in particular who was in training was ever so helpful and friendly toward our two young ones. Wish I had thought to get her name. Few things I suggest could improve; drawers in captains quarters. Was only small thin cupboard and with four of us our stuff was everywhere. Oh and try and invest in better brekkie toasters. You could spend a lot of time standing by them reloading your toast to get brown. Also man steaming floors around pool... 6.30am was a little early.. Overall... we will be back. Price great for us. Stayed 7 nights and got brekkie and dreamworld passes.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm bath in the room if you need one. Pool view is fabulous.
Dear Tiffany M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your return stay at the resort. It is fantastic to see you enjoyed your stay in Captains Quarters. The rooms in Captains Quarters all have showers with baby baths available on request, your feedback regarding the bathroom design will be noted for discussion on our future room renovations.

It is clear to see you are aware of the creepy crawlies that can appear in the humid climates and I appreciate your understanding, however the receptionist response to your concerns could have been more empathetic by your account, this will be followed up with the department manager.

I am so pleased you were able to enjoy the pool area, restaurant and that your children had a great time in the kids club. It is wonderful to hear comments regarding our staff, they are a very dedicated and hard working team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Well I was extremely hesistant about staying here after reading previous reviews. They all seem to reflect the unrenovated rooms (priced accordingly). We stayed in a renovated King Bunk House. From the clean well kept facilities, reasonably priced food/drink and mini mart and the sensational service and activities for the kids we had a fantastic holiday. I hope Zagames buys into more resorts as the management team know what a family wants.

Dear KateJ

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay in our King Bunkhouse. We do review and consider all guest feedback and use this feedback to make decisions, this ensures we provide an enjoyable family experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another holiday.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#11 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
Turtle Beach Resort
Turtle Beach Resort
#1 of 10 in Mermaid Beach

Been to Paradise Resort Gold Coast? Share your experiences!