“TERRIBLE!”

Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 24 March 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT!

-We got a no-smoking room, this did not however stop people smoking at the front of it and the smokers pit is at the bottom of a small flight of stairs in which the vapours drifts up and into the room.
- Service is poor. The first day here my daughters asked kindly for a piece of cake in which the shop keeper threw it onto the table in front of here and said to me $5.50.
- We arranged for our children to stay in the complementary care from 4-8pm. There was no receipt printer at the site to confirm our booking at the time. The next day when we took our children there they told us we booked them in for the different ages and it was booked out.
-TACKY/SMACKY/TACKY- This hotel looks like a glorified smack clinic.

5  Thank fibbz
GENERAL_MANAGER_DB, General Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Fibbz,
Thank you for your review and comments. It is a shame that we were unable to meet your expectations, unfortunately we can find no record of you bringing your concerns to us at any time during your stay.
We would have most certainly made every effort to rectify them and relocate you to another area of the resort had we known that the smell from the smoking area was affecting you.
In relation to the kids club receipts when making the bookings our new technology automatically advises and sends an SMS confirming all details of bookings made to your phone hence there is no need for paper receipts.
The incident with the cake is certainly not a service standard we tolerate and will be followed up. Being a kid friendly resort we try very hard to ensure that we actively engage and acknowledge all children in a positive manner, so please accept our most sincere apologies for failing your child on this occasion.
Fibbz, we certainly acknowledge that we are not perfect and are always looking for opportunities to learn from our mistakes, however to compare us to a “glorified smack clinic”, purely for the incidences you have mentioned in your review do seem excessively harsh.
We hope that you find something more in keeping with your expectations on your next holiday.
Kind regards
David & the Team
Paradise Resort

There are newer reviews for Paradise Resort Gold Coast

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Being small business owners, we don't get a lot of opportunities to take holidays, so our trip to the Gold Coast this year was a real treat. Our stay at Paradise Resort was such a delight that we are already planning our next visit!
Our kids (aged 8 & 9) absolutely loved every minute of it. And special thanks to Heather at Z4K. My very shy son wasn't sure about going to Kid's Club but by the end of the week he didn't want to leave! My hubby and I enjoyed some lovely dinner date nights - something which we haven't done in years!
The staff were wonderful, the food was sensational (and very reasonably priced), and the pool and water park were absolutely amazing!
Thank you so much, and we can't wait till we come back!

• Stayed: March 2014
GENERAL_MANAGER_DB, General Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear nessandwill,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I will pass on your comments to Heather and the team in the kids club which I know they will definitely appreciate.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Where do I even start. This is the most miserable, depressing, tacky place I have ever had the misfortune of visiting. The only reason we booked here is it is supposed to be great for kids. Frankly our kid knows a dump when he sees it and was only too happy to leave. Stay somewhere decent and go on day trips to wet and wild!
We were booked for several nights but thank god only stayed for 1 and cancelled the rest; and this was 1 night too many. WOTIF were happy to refund our money and we booked at another place which is brilliant for our remaining 5 nights. Paradise however charged us an additional $200 cancellation fee which really grates with me but is not surprising given how awful the whole thing was. We paid extra to stay in the "superior; refurbished" captains quarter rooms. What a joke. The room was the minimal standard I would expect from anywhere and was zero value for money at $200 a night. The room was tiny and stank to high heaven of some sort of air freshener or carpet deodoriser masking god knows what which gave me a splitting headache and made me feel nauseous. The beds were uncomfortable. There was no storage. View of a road and a broken down truck. Tiny, tiny bathroom. Tiny, threadbare towels. Very noisy - you hear everything going on in the rooms around you. Even the endless passages taking you to your room are gross - a lurid pink and blue paint with more filthy carpet and a smell of used nappies everywhere. The pool area was also horrid the website does a great job of making it look appealing. Fake green carpet on the floors and walls. Cheap uncomfortable sun loungers. People drinking alcohol out of plastic cups everywhere from morning onwards. Only 1 actual pool which was very small and shallow and over-filled with people easily. So much chlorine it has melted the plastic printed logos / pics on the front of my child's swim top and our child's eyes were very, very red after a short time in the pool. Music blaring from speakers everywhere. The bistro there was extremely expensive for the level of food being sold. We got absolutely no sleep at all as if you turn the air con off the room over-heats within minutes and feels like there is no oxygen. When you switch it on it is extremely loud and as the room is so small it's literally right on you. Oh and to top it all off; when my husband got up during the night to unplug his cell-phone from the sinkless-bench which passes as a "coffee making facility" the surface had 4 cockroaches on it! There was no food or drink in the room and no coffee had been made. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I really think people need to be warned about this place as it wrecked our entire first day of holiday; we were exhausted for the second day due to no sleep; and we got stung the massive cancellation fee.
I can honestly say that people who enjoy staying here; must have absolutely no concept of what a true holiday; a gorgeous hotel; great service and beautiful surroundings can be like. Now we know where all the bogans go on holiday. They must do a great trade here in RTD's and Woodstock Bourbon. I anticipate some type of juvenile, retaliatory response to this by some or other manager in line with all their other churlish responses on here; and frankly I don't care as I won't waste my time reading it.

Room Tip: Room tip: Choose a room; any room; just make sure it's not at this hotel!
5  Thank JosieAkl
GENERAL_MANAGER_DB, General Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear JosieAki,

Not all products meet everyone's expectations, and I am glad that you found accommodation more in keeping with your expectations.
I don't normally make a comment when someone takes the time to leave criticism whether constructive or not other than to thank them for their time.

I can assure you that we are well aware that we have faults, make mistakes and are not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, however we try very hard and work towards rectifying issues should we believe them to be fair and equitable to all parties should they be brought to our attention at the time.

However your feedback is not only scathing towards our product, which frankly does not deserve your rant, but also our guests, of which I can assure you are not all "Bogans". We have families from all walks of life who enjoy the resort for what it is, a mid market family resort full of young children offering a good product with a extensive range of services and experiences.

Whether we like it or not Trip advisor has its place in society as do many other social media sites which unfortunately doesn't always allow for two sides of a story.

It is a shame you chose to deal with your obvious anger at being charged a cancellation fee in such a manner.

regards

David Brook

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Having come to the Gold Coast for a few days we walked past the sign for planet chill, thinking it would be a good experience for the kids we thought we would try, unfortunately on entering we were disappointed with the size of the rink ( hence the 4 star ) but the service we received was fantastic. The English guy, think his name was Richard, behind the counter was very happy to serve and extremely helpful, especially with my two kids whom had never skated before, he made sure their helmets were on securely and showed them how to skate, patience of a saint, I couldn't do it and I'm their mum!! While we were watching they did karaoke which I thought was an excellent added bonus to the whole experience, especially with the initial shock of size of rink and cost, but with basically my children having personally coaching and the entertainment that Richard did it was an overall excellent afternoon, I would strongly recommend anyone giving it a go, make sure you get a session when Richard is working, so much fun and come off a pro skater, well my kids thought they were!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Armygirl1971 and Family,
Thanks for your comments in relation to your experiences at Planet Chill, our Ice Rink. We are delighted that the kids had a great time and that Richard was able to assist them in enjoying their time with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We have been coming here for weekend trips for two years. We just stayed in the new upgraded rooms and they are a significant improvement over the old rooms. If you are looking for 5 star luxury, look elsewhere. This place is solidly 3 star. But this is not what you come for. You come so your kids can have a great time and you can drop them off at Kids Club and you can get a nice meal in Broad Beach. Mission accomplished every time.

They have also put a big play area in the lobby which the kids love. It's pretty clear that this place is investing for the future.

A couple of recommendations for improvement:
1. The food is pretty poor. If you want people to stay on resort, you need to really up your game here. We eat out when possible.
2. Heating the water for the pools and play areas would be a big plus. The kids get cold pretty easily and they are all hudled in the hot tub (really a warm tub which is ideal for the kiddos).

I'm sure we'll be back again soon.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded rooms.

Dear KenPinDenver and Family,
Many thanks for your ongoing support of Paradise Resort and your feedback. I noted your comments in relation to the pools not being heated which was a surprise as the main pool, toddlers water park adult spa and kids spa are all heated to between 32/38 degrees. The only area not heated is the large water structure due to the amount of water being aerated through the bucket and spouts cooling it too quickly.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My husband, 15 mth old baby and I just returned home after 4 wonderful nights in paradise. We stayed in the captains quarters in a room overlooking the back park. It was wonderfully quiet and a great escape from the very popular water park that most rooms are based around. Four nights were not enough, we wanted to stay longer! The room was a good size and had all we needed (a note for other travellers that rooms are not cleaned on a Sunday). The kids club was lots of fun for our baby, we actually watched him from the BBQ area and he had a ball. The breakfast was ample, and only $6 extra for bacon and eggs, and the restaurant meals of a evening were good value and quality. Loved the water dispenser and straws for kids to come as they pleased, the adult zones, being able to go into the kids club for a play of a morning, and so much entertainment to keep everyone busy. We did not need to leave as everything is available. Even a mini mart for extra items. This place is a dream for kids, and when we return to the Gold Coast, we won't be staying anywhere else!

Dear Kath T and Family,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward in welcoming you all back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have never left a review but I think people should be aware of this place. I lasted 1 night and checked out yes the waterpark is great staff are friendly but rooms are below standard parents looked board. You are only paying for facilities not accomodation save your money and buy wet n wild passes. Manager did nothing when we complained they are aware their hotel is outdated old and in my opinion unhygienic which I have pictures to prove dont stay here

1  Thank jess24020

Hi Jess,
I am genuinely sorry to read of your poor experience with the room you were allocated at the resort and that you felt we did nothing to rectify this problem.

I agree with your comment that the rates we charge are not only for the room but the wide array of services and experiences and thankful that you mentioned our staff and waterpark in a positive manner.

I would like to discuss your issues with you further so that we can learn from your experience. As you can see the majority of our feedback is positive other than identifying the age of the rooms, which we are working to rectify so it concerns me that we were unable to fix your problem.

Jess I would really appreciate you contacting me at general_manager@paradiseresort.com.au. should you wish to.

Your sincerely