“Kids Heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Kids Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My sister came over from NZ so i went down to visit, so I stayed here with them. Having no children of my own I wondered what I was in for, but I must say I was impressed. I stayed in the Captain Quarters which have been refurbished friends stayed in Dusty Quarters, they need a refurb but seem to serve a purpose due to not really being in the room only really to sleep. There are so many events that are very well organised and I must say you must love your job to be around that many children scary ha ha. The Water Park is really awesome they have lifesavers attending so you can relax a little bit but they are still in eye shot. We had breakfast and dinners in the Bistro which is very well managed and staff are friendly and on certain nights there is a balloon artist that goes around for the kids he is very good. The food is very fresh and tasty and very affordable, portions are large for Adults. If your looking for a family holiday this is the place to go. Very well sign posted so found my way around as I was on the other side of the Resort. I give it a thumbs up only if you have a family or hanging with family. Close to Surfers shops etc. Had a great time thanks for entertaining my Nephews and giving the Parents a bit of a breather.

Room Tip: If you can afford the Captains Quarters it is well worth it.
1 Thank Tania K
Chris N, Front Office Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Tania A

Thank you for providing your feedback. We don't hide the fact we are not the place to stay if you are on a business trip unless of course you have your family with you. However it is great that you had a great time with your sister and nephews.

Hopefully you could visit us again next time your sister travels to the Gold Coast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

it had been 10 years since our last holiday here what a surprise to see the new pools and water park. The resort is so good you do not have to leave kids are happy to play all day. The activities team were fantastic lead by Jai what an asset to he is to Paradise Resort. The rooms are bright and clean is a microwave in room but couldn't find any microwave safe plates to put inside. Overall our holiday expectations were met. Our whole family enjoyed this resort.

Room Tip: must ask for view of water park otherwise looking over street
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear jane s

Thank you for your review of Paradise Resort.

We love reading that our guests enjoyed the resort so much they didn't need to leave to find something to do. Ji receives a lot of great feedback and i have forwarded this to not only his manager, but to human resources to be included in our staff recognition program.

We understand the need for microwave safe containers and are continuing to look into this, however it is difficult to maintain when they "go missing" a lot.

We hope you return again soon for another great family holiday.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have just arrived back home today after spending 2 nights at Paradise resort. I stayed in Astro's Alley room 2463.

Firstly the room:
Can't complain. My family and I are not that fussy. Comfy Bed + TV = Happy kids. We didn't spend much time in the room but it was a great place to get some much needed R&R.

Food:
You have to try the pizza it is delicious!!!Reasonably priced and good selection.

Water park: Great fun for everyone. Movie night by the pools is a must.

Activities:
We went to planet chill. Great place to learn how to ice skate. Yes it is small but kids actually preferred it as they didn't feel scared. They had a lot of great activities on during the day. Too many to name.

Kids Club:
Ahhh Kids Club :) Kids really enjoyed their stay and also the many fun activities they got to do. Ultimate Survivor and Carnival night was the themes over their 2 day stay at kids club. My husband and I didn't know what to do with our spare time as we have never had that experience while on holidays.

Staff:
I found the staff friendly and helpful. Just a real lovely bunch of people who do a tremendous job of keeping everyone happy.

I will definitely be back again. Out of all the places my family and I have been to and stayed this was the best of all easy. All I have ever wanted was a holiday where everyone is pleased and happy and we have gotten that.... Finally. Thank you everyone at paradise resort for kids. YOU ARE AWESOME :)

Many Thanks,
Savea Family

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tui86
Dear Tui86

We are pleased that you had a great family experience. It certainly looks like you got to experience everything in only 2 nights. It is always nice to have a little self time and kids club is very popular for just that.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Yellowknife, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We only booked one night here, and wish we had booked more. Our kids (5 year old twin girls) were in love right at the entry with the big play area right in the reception area. Before we were finished checking-in, a pirate had come along and whisked a group of kids away on a treasure hunt. We all were able to relax and just enjoy the facility and time together. We booked a basic family room and were more than happy with it. Given all the other activities available in the resort, we didn't spend much time in there in any case. Would recommend this.

Dear TLLS

Even though it was a quick get away, we are glad you managed to have a great time. We aim to have a complete family holiday.

Tell the girls that Captain says HI and he is looking forward to them returning for a longer holiday.

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay.
New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 18th april till 23rd April 2014 and after reading lots of mixed reviews and panicking the week before arriving as to whether we have made a big mistake trusting the good reviews. well I shouldn't of been. We have just got back from the best holiday in along time and I would urge people to give this place a go.

We decided to pay the extra and upgrade to the newly refurb superior resort room. It didn't disappoint (would recommend doing this). We were on the 3rd floor captains quarter rm 3332. I was very happy the only downside was no bath and no plates and cutlery. There is plenty of space to provide some plastic plates etc so parents on a budget or with fussy children can provide breakfast or snacks for the kids. Also the walls are thin and I could hear next doors kids crying and shouting, but it didn't spoil my holiday.

The facilities for the kids are excellent and I haven't had such a relaxing holiday in ages. The water park was great but do agree with others the water was freezing, I know it's hard to heat the biggest water play, but the junior one, I would say wasn't heated it was so cold my kids wouldn't play in it and the big lagoon needs heating more too. The spa was packed with the kids warming up from the cold pools, but this didn't bother me. There is a adults only spa which I enjoyed to escape the kids. With regards to the high chlorine levels I didn't experience this and My eyes are normally sensitive to this and they were fine.

The ice skating I thought was great for any kids or adults who haven't tried ice skating before. Yes it's small and slightly expensive but its a 2hr session so not to bad. my son loved it, he was able to use the penguin to help him skate.

The food. I thought breakfast was expensive for what they offered just for continental $15 adults and $8 kids, baby's free. Lunch and dinner I thought was reasonable for the amount of food, and the majority of the dishes were yummy. The pizza's are great. The kids meals are great price too.

The kids club was great for the 5-12 yr olds my son had a great time, my 18 mth didn't have a great time though and kept getting called. I would check up and noticed she was bored with little interaction from staff, she would be put in front of the tv on in a stroller if she was crying. But it was still nice to get a break even if for an hour! Also you can only book kids club 24hrs beforehand not 48hr as advertised on the website! If booking in a 0-2 year old book ASAP as they only have a max space of 28 kids.

Overall this place was amazing and although wasn't 5 star and could do with a good lick of paint everywhere. It provides everything it advertises. Excellent for kids. If you don't want to hear kids having fun then go to an adults only resort as this is the place to have fun, which means noise!!! We will be back. Keep up the good work don't spend to long refurbishing this place!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hannah C
Dear Hannah C

It is our pleasure that we gave you the best family holiday in a long time and you had ample time for relaxation.

We heat the Pool, Spas' and Junior WaterPark. However it appears no matter what we do, we can not maintain the water temperature in the large waterpark, as the seasons get cooler, this becomes even more challenging. We regularly monitor the pools and adjust temps, particularly after guest feedback.

Planet Chill ice skating has become a must do on the coast. The penguins help me too and are well used. Additionally, I have passed your comments regarding breakfast onto the Executive Chef.

I have communicated your comments regarding Kids Club for the 0-2 section and also had our it support adjust the times on the booking kiosk to allow bookings 48 hours in advise as advertised. This was an error with the way the times were set up.

Thank you for your feedback which has helped as improve. Guest feedback is the only way we can see things through a guests eyes. We are committed to improving the resort with many more things planned over the next 12 months.

We look forward to seeing you return hopefully sooner rather than later.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked a family room and on arrival noticed that the kids bedroom wasn't airconditioned (it was 31deg). After turning on our airconditioner in our room we noticed the thick black dirt and dust in the aircon....looking around the room the standard wasn't that much higher. The resort is very family focused, once you are outside your rooms. The iron was broken, the kettle not working, the shower clogged with calcium and sprayed everywhere other than intended. I thought a handshower suitable for children's height would have been much more suitable rather than a shower set 6Ft above the bath. The double bed was lumpy and terrible. Take an airbed! If you eat outside of the continential breakfast (which has no gluten free options), then be prepared to pay $100 for 2 adults, and 2 kids. Children's meals are $8, but order a steak and you will be out of pocket $33. Staff were helpful and friendly but be prepared to wait as staff are scarce. At $289 per night for accomodation only, we will spend our money elsewhere and visit the theme parks in future. Ice skating for the 4 of us $69, and the rink is no bigger than half a basketball court, so expect to get dizzy. Note to parents, ensure your kids wear goggles and be sure to wash their swimmers out after each swim as the pools are strongly treated with clorine and they will burn their eyes and bleach their swimmers!

Room Tip: Choose a room at another Resort.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 10getawaygirl2011
Dear 10getawaygirl2011

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback. Let me assure you that all information has been forwarded to the appropriate manager to action the points listed. Some items listed are not our standard nor are they acceptable for a room to be available.

Our family rooms are large enough to sleep a family of 5 and we have planned upgrade of rooms this year which includes installing another air conditioner in the second rooms. Our rates are competitive for similar properties and we feel the inclusions of one daily kids club session, various activities, regular entertainment, movie nights, waterparks, jungle gym, adventure playground and cardio gym sets us apart from our competitors. We are proud of our Food & Beverage offerings and feel we are competitive in our pricing within the industry. Ice Skating is generally charged at $20/person, so for $69 it appears you received a discounted offer.

I am a little concerned by the comments regarding the pools. Our pools are monitored several times a day in accordance with council regulations and also regularly inspected by council to check levels are within a set criteria. I am not aware of swimmers being bleached or an ongoing concern of our chlorine levels affecting peoples eyes.

We understand we are not for everybody and hope that next time you visit the Gold Coast you find suitable accommodation.

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Chittaway Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just came back from a 7 night stay at Paradise Resort, had a family room in cleo's castle (stayed in Captain's Quarters last October)... Even though cleo's castle was not in the new renovated area we were very impressed.. I travelled with my Mum and three kids aged 13, 12 and 8. Even my teenager asked could we live at Paradise Resort... I found all the staff we met during our week to be very polite, courteous and couldn't do enough for you... We ate almost every meal at Poolside Cafe and enjoyed the poolside theme nights also, the food was beautiful and very reasonably priced for a resort.. Found the resort quite busy but it was school holidays, never had a problem getting a deck chair or finding a place to sit in cafe or restaurant for breakfast, as for myself (adult) I loved the water park waterslides... I could not rate this resort highly enough and cannot wait for our next holiday at PARADISE RESORT... Nathan my 8 year old son (autistic) says a big hello to ASTRO !!!!

Room Tip: Have stayed on 1st Floor in October 2013 and 3rd Floor in April 2014, both aqua view rooms, did not...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris N, Front Office Manager at Paradise Resort Gold Coast, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sharon H

We are so pleased you got to enjoy the hotel again. We love hearing feedback and especially from our regulars. We are all about everyone enjoying family time, which is great that on each occasion we have meet your expectations. .

ASTRO said he can't wait to see Nathan again on your next trip.