Stayed three nights in a renovated junior bunk room in Captains Quarters. The resort was fairly quiet ie not school holidays. We took advantage of a 40% off special accommodation price which also included a 4 hour sessions at the kids club daily, which made the accommodation good value.
This review is based on our experiences with 2 kids... a 7 and 8 year old.
Overall, the staff just could not do enough for kids, nothing seemed to bother the staff we encountered, they were marvellous. The resort philosophy is definitely 'happy kids....happy holiday for parents', so their focus is clearly on the kids.
The accommodation and the resort in general was clean and tidy, infact the general areas were really well maintained (for an older resort).
Water park is the star attraction
Heated spa and pool very popular
Ice Skating...definitely give it a go
Saturday movies ... yet another free activity the kids loved
Kids club....a must...it's huge
Splashes shop....pretty well stocked (even take-away alcohol) and all reasonably priced
Café ... normal 'family' food delivered fast and reasonably priced. Pizza recommended.
Overall, they have included what you need for a family holiday without leaving the resort, however, use the kids club and you can then go and explore some adult entertainment or restaurants on the Coast. Some reviews have commented on the expensive 'rack' rates during peak periods, and whilst I probably wouldn't stay at those times, you must price in a lot of 'FREE' stuff the resort provides for the kids...there is quite a lot. Having said that it would appear that the target age group to most benefit from the activities would be 5 to 12.
The $10 parking fee got up my nose a little, but given the room discount we took advantage of, couldn't really complain. The free parking is way to far away from Captains Quarters to even consider as an option.
We had some maintenance issues with the room, but on each occasion the staff were fast to respond and were friendly and helpful whilst doing so.
Tips: Junior bunk room is not very big so if you want space upgrade to a larger room. Forget about the cheap rooms, book a renovated room. Try the kids club, but watch out for booking times (the 10am session must be booked by 7.30pm the night before)
If you found this review useful, please give me a 'helpful vote'. Thanks for reading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as Heaven for Kids and a Paradise for Parents! Where every accommodation package includes up to 4 hours of supervised care for every child 0-12years per day in the famous Zone 4 Kids Club, valued at $40each. The Zone 4 Kids Club is fully supervised which allows parents time to escape the daily routine and indulge in some holiday sightseeing or precious down time. There is also a giant Kids Water Park right in the centre of the resort, an indoor and outdoor playground, a permanent ice-skating rink plus a whole range of free daily activities and entertainment. And while the kids are looked after parents can rediscover the art of relaxation in the exclusive Zone 4 Adults. The outdoor spa area features a large heated spa and lounge chairs offering parents a place to unwind and soak up the sunshine 'child free'. Complete with the lagoon pool and spa, gym, bistro, cafe and bar Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia