We stayed there from 22-28 August and can say that we enjoyed our holiday but have to agree with a few of the other reviews that it is a bit run-down. The beds were a bit lumpy and uncomfortable with my husband and I both experiencing discomfort when trying to get up in the mornings. The restaurant, Sinbads, is definitely NOT value for money and we only ate their once (AUD47 for two adults and a 2 year old and we only had two pieces of toast and some bacon and eggs) though GD's Express (which we had on our last night) was great value for dinner - about AUD45 for two adults and a 2 year old and we had a pizza, risotto, sausages/mash/salad and two herb and garlic breads which were in fact pizzas!)
The staff at the Discovery Desk were extremely helpful all the time. A bit disappointing that on the day we checked out the reception staff were directing us to a pick up spot for our shuttle around the side of the hotel instead of offering to call the shuttle service to confirm pick up location. Lucky we stayed at the front of the resort in the lobby because
we would have missed the shuttle otherwise.
One thing I found disappointing was that we were not directed to the location of the kids playground when we checked in - which is out the front doors and left. They have orientation at 4pm each day but we did not check in until about 6pm so did not have the opportunity for orientation.
The rooms were ordinary and have to agree about the wiring under the bedside table. We ended up piling stuff in front of it so our 2 year old wouldn't be tempted to 'explore' them. Another thing that may have been good would be to group families together with similar age children as we seem to have mostly singles or couples staying at our end of the resort (other side mind you and not close to the pool/playground) which may not have been pleasant for them when our 2 year old decided to run through the corridors talking extremely loudly early in the morning!
Our stay was pleasant but I don't know if I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is renowned as Heaven for Kids and a Paradise for Parents! Where every accommodation package includes up to 4 hours of supervised care for every child 0-12years per day in the famous Zone 4 Kids Club, valued at $40each. The Zone 4 Kids Club is fully supervised which allows parents time to escape the daily routine and indulge in some holiday sightseeing or precious down time. There is also a giant Kids Water Park right in the centre of the resort, an indoor and outdoor playground, a permanent ice-skating rink plus a whole range of free daily activities and entertainment. And while the kids are looked after parents can rediscover the art of relaxation in the exclusive Zone 4 Adults. The outdoor spa area features a large heated spa and lounge chairs offering parents a place to unwind and soak up the sunshine 'child free'. Complete with the lagoon pool and spa, gym, bistro, cafe and bar Paradise Resort is the perfect choice for your next family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Resort Surfers
- Paradise Hotel Surfers
- Paradise Resort Australia
- Paradise Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia