“Not bad for the price”

Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place was a little bit run down but still comfortable enough for me and position in a fantastic location in Surfers Paradise. Also had free parking.

Only concern was that a couple of times in the morning the hallway was pitch black. Not even the emergency lights were working. Also breakfast only starts at 7:30am

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Caroline Springs, Victoria
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our 3rd time staying at Beachcomber Resort and again we were not disappointed. Friendly staff, neat clean room in 2307. Once again we could not have been happier with the room and especially the great deal we got which included the Island Cruise to Stradbroke Island. Thanks again and we will be back very soon. Elaine and Brett.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'll admit I did not read any of these reviews before I booked my room, or I might have stayed elsewhere, and that would have been a shame. I really enjoyed my stay at the Beachcomber. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment on the 21st floor, and it had an amazing view of the ocean, absolutely beautiful sunrises. The bed was very comfortable and the washer/dryer was a useful addition. Room was clean.

The kitchen could have been slightly better stocked in terms of cups/plates, but it had all the essentials, thought he oven was a little old.. Air conditioners both worked fine. I enjoyed use of the tennis courts. The pools were nice, and I made liberal use of the hot tub, which was very enjoyable.

There are only 2 things that could have been improved upon. The sauna was not working for the entire duration of my stay, which was disappointing, and free wifi is only available in the lobby, you have to pay extra to have wifi in your room. Also, it would add a bit to the room if a dvd player was provided, and you didn't have to hire one.

The staff were very friendly, no complaints there.

The position of the hotel itself is fantastic, a 30 second walk from the beach, and everything you could need is within a 5 minute walk. Shopping centre across the road has all your main fast food shops, plus heaps of cafes and restaurants, pubs, starbucks, ben & jerry's...LOTS of food to choose from. Also lots of clothing shops and a woollies for any extra essentials you may need.

All in all I was very pleased with my stay, and will be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, with ocean views. Book through the hotel itself.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria O
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here from Friday to Monday. 1 bedroom apartment on the 10th floor was disgusting and dirty dust everywhere, dirty dishes left in the cupboards. upon booking this stay we were guaranteed a ocean view we didn't get one. There was little cockroaches running around kitchen which was disturbing. I think you could do more in clean wise.
The only good thing would be where the hotel is situated the next street from cavil ave.
If you find the same price as this hotel or even a few bucks more for a different one I advise you go there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Right in the heart of Surfers Paradise, a stones throw from the beach, Cavill ave shops, bars and restaurants & cheap as chips!! Not the most modern place but it is a bargain with great staff who are happy to help, free parking and you can't get closer to Cavill ave! :)
Have stayed a few times now and will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Western Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is second time I have been mislead by relying on photographs in deciding on accommodation options in our travels. I will now pay more respect to reviews by people who have recently been there and be more precise in detailing my accommodation requirements when booking.

The Beachcomber Resort is located on prime real estate close to the beach and with views of the ocean. In it's day, it would have been one of the leading apartment blocks in Surfers Paradise but its glory day are long gone. The premises and its facilities are looking tired.

On arrival, we were very pleasantly surprised by the friendlyness of reception staff and their efforts to settle us in early. This attitude prevailed throughout our stay and if anything, increased with our interaction with some of the long term resident apartment owners.

The first apartment we were shown into was very tired, uninviting and the floor coverings were well in need of replacement being heavily stained. It was simply unacceptable. I went down to reception and registered my disquiet and was informed that some owners are more difficult then others when it comes to getting them to spend on maintaining their apartments. I suggested that perhaps the leasing agency should refuse to lease those apartments out to guests. I didn't get a response to that.

What I did get was an upgrade to a 1 bedroom self contained bedroom apartment. Whilst obviously a lot better maintained than the previous room, its age was still evident but it was habitable and quiet comfortable.

Room Tip: Demand a guarantee that you will be relocated if the standard of cleanliness in the room allocated i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived to the room late at night after our flight only to find a dirty room and to make it worse still sitting on the bench was the keys and receipt stating this person had checked out 3 days earlier!
We rang and let them know and they gave us the option to clean the room we had paid for and they would give us fresh linen, or we could be upgraded to a 1 bedroom place. We said we would only do that if it didn't cost any extra and they stated that we would not be charged for any of this.. only to reneg on this deal the next day and that we had to pay because we got a better room with a better view.
And now 3 days later we have been charged an extra 100 dollars because we didn't remove our rubbish and there was a few dirty dishes. We will admit that this was a term and condition that we had to remove our rubbish and do our dishes but I hardly feel that not doing this is worth $100 extra.
I would not stay in this place again if you paid me!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brit C
BeachcomberSurfers, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
BeachcomberSurfers, Manager at Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 1 week ago

It is very unfortunate that once again we, The Beachcomber building and management, have been tarnished by such an unpleasant review, particularly when this a result of persons booking through an OUTSIDE AGENT and not directly with the building.
This apartment is not managed, cleaned, serviced or maintained by Beachcomber Management.
The Management of Beachcomber Resort only ever endeavor to provide our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay, we are at all times approachable and at the ready to tend to any of guests need or concerns.
Please do not let this deter you from your future stay!!!
Many thanks