My 3 kids and I stayed here in Sept 2011 for 4 nights in an ocean view apartment on a high level (can't remember exactly, possibly 21st floor).The unit was fine and had everything you needed but nothing flash. Kitchen looked a bit tired. Lack of wi-fi was disappointing.
The pool with the waterslides looked fantastic but in reality it was absolutely freezing and my kids came out with blue lips after just one turn. It would be so much better if this pool was heated.
We moved to the indoor complex where the pool and spa are both heated. There is a lifeguard on duty who on the first day was very helpful directing the kids how to use the waterslide. However on the second day he sat on a chair by the side of the pool with his back to us, texting and reading a book. As we were the only people using the indoor complex at this time, I let my kids use their water guns. The lifeguard must have gotten a bit of an over over-spray from one of the kids because he turned around and gave us a verbal spray saying "I haven't chosen to participate in your game so don't wet me" or something of this nature. I was totally floored and embarassed and I apologised profusely. I felt like I was a kid in primary school again. We left the pool swiftly afterwards.
Apart from this incident, (which marred the entire trip for me), Sun City is a reasonable resort, if a bit overpriced. Close enough to walk to Cavill Mall (takes about 10 mins) and bus stop very close by.
The restaurant at the resort is very average. Save your money, you can do better elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Sun City offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches. Facilities include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and dragon waterslide, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade. Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia