We stayed midweek in July in a two bedroom apartment which was huge and well-appointed. The inside was spotless but the balcony floor and outdoor setting could have done with a wipe down. Two electric fan heaters were not sufficient to heat the space and while opening the dishwasher I got a slight electric shock while the heaters were going. Although we were on the 14th floor the water pressure was good and lifts were readily available and fast.
Service was friendly and efficient. Toiletries smell divine. The beds were very comfortable but the resort is on a busy corner so we got traffic noise early in the morning and the surf could be heard at night. Although the decor could do with an update, it wasn't as horrendous as some reviewers have made it out to be. We intend to return one day and take full advantage of facilities as we only stayed one night.
The ocean view was great and resort facilities included 3 pools, a gym, 2 saunas and a spa. However the steam sauna was not working at the time. Also when turning on the air conditioner a grating from the ceiling swung open and hit my husband on the head. More maintenance needs to be done around the place by the looks of things.
Sayas restaurant had a great buffet breakfast for $20 a head if booked the previous night. Although Asian guests are catered for, we had a German visitor with us and it would have been good if some ham and cheese was provided to cater for northern European guests also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia