My friend and i stayed in a two bedroom apartment from the 27/9/13 to the 29/9/13. The room also included breakfast for both mornings..
The rooms were very tired looking and really could do with a freshen up and some modern furniture.. on the upside the beds were extremely comfy..
On the first day we went into one of the lifts and wondered why the door on the lift only partially closed... a woman in the lift, (obviously a full time tenant) assured us its ok, as u have to push the doors closed urself.. which another woman dutifully did !! and off we went to our room on the 2nd floor.. we chose not to use that lift again..
I must also complain of the awful rubbish smell coming from the rubbish chute located on the second floor, the smell ran right along the hallway it really was horrible, so hopefully that will be fixed soon..
The remote control for the tv in our room didn't work also, but we had maintenence come up and they fixed that problem..
The grounds of this motel are very nice, the pool is just beautiful and also the spa as well.. the indoor pool looked great too, all lite up at night!!
Breakfast was good, with a good range of food both hot and cold... which was nice.
All in all a pleasant stay, but really could do with some thought and some maintenence on that lift in particular...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring unique Aztec-inspired designs and architecture, set amidst lush tropical gardens, Mantra Sun City is located just one block from the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast. With Mantra Sun City's facilities surrounding the 35 metre saltwater lagoon pool complete with dragon waterslide, the resort offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches, canal waterways or surrounding hinterland. Take advantage of the resort's wide range of facilities, which include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and waterslides, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade, finished off with a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants on offer. Whatever you fancy, Mantra Sun City is the perfect location for a Surfers Paradise holiday. Koastal Kitchen The sun, the surf, the shopping, the excitement, it builds an appetite! Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Located on the ground floor of Mantra Sun City. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia