My boyfriend decided to take me away for a destress and booked Mantra Sun City. Besides being a block back from the beach it is also in the middle of nowhere! It is a good 15 minute walk to the heart of Surfers. To make matters worse, it is smack bang in the middle of the tram line construction, and you almost need a degree to work out how to get in and out of the hotel! The hotel itself is very tired and needs a good spruce up. Our room was pretty bad as well...old furniture, paintwork needing attention, etc. the redeeming feature of the place was the restaurant. The food was beautiful although a little on the expensive side. My seafood risotto was really lovely. There are so many good places to stay on the coast and this is not one of them. I will not be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Sun City offers a range of hotel rooms and one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the Gold Coast beaches. Facilities include a heated indoor pool, outdoor lagoon with its own sandy beach and dragon waterslide, spa, sauna and steam room, tennis courts, games room, fitness centre and Koastal Kitchen Restaurant. Head down to the beach for a casual stroll along the esplanade. Start the day with a wholesome family breakfast or get everyone together for a catch up dinner in the Koastal Kitchen restaurant. The pizzas are fresh from the oven, the grills, salads, tapas to share and seafood fast and fabulous. Kids have their own special menu. Restaurant Opening Hours: Breakfast: 7.00Am - 10.00Am, daily Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily Room service: Dinner 5.00Pm - 9.00Pm, daily **Photographic ID and a $200 Credit Card Pre Authorisation will be required for check in. No cash deposits taken.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mantra Sun City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sun City Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Mantra Sun City Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia